Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 theKraken: Sunny's 4-3-2-1

Sunny

theKraken - Sunny's 4-3-2-1

Hi, it's me againsmile.gif Guess I'm finally back on Vibe, and I've decided to share my most reliable tactic with you guys. I've used it in countless saves, lower leagues, top teams, Bilbao, Oxford(managing more goal attempts and shots on goal than Everton and Aston Villa when we played them in the cups while still in League 2), Prestatyn(managing to draw United 0-0 in the friendlies without touching the squad), the Unemployed Challenge, the Challenge Cup, literally most of my saves whenever I need a solid tactic. Apart from it being so reliable, I always use it because of the formation. I can never resist the temptation of buying midfielders, so it's a good formation for me to fit in all my brilliant playersbiggrin.gif For those who have tried my 4-3-1-2, the 4-3-2-1 is the tactic I based it on.

Team Instructions:

3d7449cd.jpg

Player Tactical Roles and Formation:

100fa18c.jpg

Results:

Clyde, Scottish Third Division, First Season

e3115565.jpg

Oxford United, nPower League 2, First Season

42e0f6d4.jpg

FC Augsburg, German First Division, First Season(Only players under 21 and 30 or above allowed)

71b1539e.jpg

Real Madrid, Liga BBVA, First Season(Won the treble)

37ac64de.jpg

9f8d1997.jpg

d7ee33c6.jpg

The idea behind this tactic was first based on its formation. It's extremely narrow, and the midfielders are very close together. Such a compact formation would be good for playing possession-based football, as your players are ridiculously close to each other, and you can easily outnumber the opposition in the midfield, while keeping easy passing options open.

You might also notice that it seems ridiculously attacking. BPDs, WBks, even the defenders are part of the offense. Ironically, I consider it a very very solid tactic in terms of defense. If you've noticed, defense is crucial to a top team, as no matter how good the offense is, if you can defend your lead, scoring is useless. That probably explains Barca and Bayern's failure to win the league this year.

Anyway, here are some basic stuff I would want with the players in this tactic:

Goalkeeper: Your average goalkeeper. As you've only got 2 players defending the flanks, poor positioning from your wing-backs can mean leaks down the flanks, so your goalkeeper must be ready to win the ball in the air.

Ball Playing Defenders: As the offside trap is on, you'd want them to have good positioning and some decent teamwork as well. With Short passing, they are prone to move up the field as well, and they play more passes than the average defender, so he must be good with the ball and must pass good as well. As mentioned before, the formations can be prone to crosses, so they must be strong in the air and still have decent pace to deal with leaks through the middle as well. I find Gerard Piqué a good example.

Wing-backs: Think Dani Alves. Good tackling, good crossing, good with the ball as well. He should have good positioning and teamwork(now I'm not exactly sure teamwork is a defensive attribute, but I find Roberto Carlos's regens pretty sturdy at the back even with poor teamwork) like the BPDs and have decent crossing and dribbling and passing as well. In the world of FMH, Maicon is a good example of what you should be looking for.

Central Midfielders: They provide support to the team. Simple enough. Good passing, movement, tackling are needed, and if possible, he should have decent pace, stamina, shooting dribbling and technique as well. As they are the outermost MCs, some decent crossing would be nice as well. You could switch one of the CMs into a BBM if your team can support one/you have a good BBM, usually with better stamina and can last full matches easily. Yaya Touré and Ramires are excellent examples.

Deep Lying Midfielder: Think Schweinsteiger. He wins balls, he distributes them to his teammates, and he might try the occasional long pass(despite short passing) and long shot as well. Tackling, positioning, pace, strength and decisions should be good. If you can, try to get someone similar to Essien or Schweinsteiger.

Advanced Playmakers: They are the creators of the team. They will act as second strikers as well, and they will move out wide to cross if needed. The heartbeat of the team, they should have good passing, dribbling, movement, creativity and some decent shooting, crossing, technique, pace and stamina. Wesley Sneijder, Lionel Messi, Mesut Özil and Kaká are excellent examples.

Advanced Forward: The finisher of the team, he should have good movement, decisions, pace, strength, heading, dribbling, shooting and technique. Seydou Doumbia and Karim Benzema are good examples. If you can't get such an amazing striker, your average/most trusty striker will do.

As I've mentioned in another thread(maybe here as well), this is a flexible tactic, and I modify it according to my needs. If I feel that I need more support in defense, I'll use a midfield combination of DLM-CM(or BBM)-DLM. If I have a good BBM that I don't want to waste, I'll switch a CM into a BBM. For the forward, I use whatever my striker's most comfortable with. I might try InFs instead of APMs as well if I feel my attacking midfielders have good enough finishing. So feel free to modify it according to your needs.

Feedback is appreciatedsmile.gif Don't forget to give me some rep if it's been solid for youlaugh.gif

Results added.

Great tactic finally unveiled :)

Great for me, but is it just as great for others? Only testing will telllaugh.gif

Thanks for giving me a great idea for a cool namebiggrin.gif

I have used a version of this for the last few years of my Real Madrid career but my changes were I turned off the offside trap as I saw too many goals conceded when my opponents broke the offside trap.

Also I had a Poacher upfront, he worked like a charm. To add extra creativity to the team I also made sure that my MC had at least 15 creativity and this helped create and assist much more.

I have now changed the APM to WNG and moved them wide and am now trying this and so far its working well. Never had a tactic work that well with wingers.

I have tried all of the big formations but none ever worked for me.

This tactic is the best, well it has worked superbly for me.

Crewe, League 2. No signings

Played:9 Won: 8 Drawn: 1 Lost: 0 F: 30 A: 3 GD: 27

3 points ahead of 2nd with a game in hand.

I have tried all of the big formations but none ever worked for me.

This tactic is the best, well it has worked superbly for me.

Crewe, League 2. No signings

Played:9 Won: 8 Drawn: 1 Lost: 0 F: 30 A: 3 GD: 27

3 points ahead of 2nd with a game in hand.

Glad it's working with you, I started a game with Oxford with signings and we've won every league game possible! I'll try to get a screenshot up but I'll be busy this week.

525624_399115536785839_265832036780857_1292413_2047965167_n.jpg

Hahaha Great tactic mate, Working well for me so far. Will further test it in my John Barnes career if its fine with you. After a long awaited how many million months its finally released.

Is this what you used for Neymar?

Yup, with a Poacher instead of an AdF. But I think I switched back to a AdF as I think he was more comfortable as an AdF.

Hey Sunny, I'm using this for my John Barnes career but for some reason the tactic has just been average for me. I normally draw or win the game by a goal and its exactly as what is shown on the screenshots. Anything you recommend to change to make it work for my John Barnes liverpool career?

Hey.. Do you this that I could work this with 2 inside forward and 2 advanced playmakers as the outside MCs. If not how could I improve it as I am playing an AM/SC there but they both prefer playing as stikers

Hey Sunny, I'm using this for my John Barnes career but for some reason the tactic has just been average for me. I normally draw or win the game by a goal and its exactly as what is shown on the screenshots. Anything you recommend to change to make it work for my John Barnes liverpool career?

It could be your players, it could be the tactic. I'll give it a look when I have time.