Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 TheCrusher- 4-2-2-1-1

rayjayokocha

gallery_1446_29_41595.png

Hi guys and welcome to my latest topic about my newly created formation, the 4-2-2-1-1.

I have tried this formation on two different careers and both seasons were highly successful in the league.

I first used this in my second season on my Rangers save, this is how we finished in the league:

gallery_1446_29_3207953.jpg

A massive 50 point title win, my most impressive title triumph to date, i doubt i'll ever top it in truth.

The second career was for the Challenge Cup with Clyde, this is how we performed in the league in that career:

gallery_1446_29_2111248.jpg

A 40 point title win this time, still impressive imo ;)

As you can see from the pics, the formation scores a lot and doesn't concede too many either. It is highly creative with all midfielders chipping in with assists. The AMC will get goals aswell as assists whilst the striker will bang goals in for fun.

One thing that helps the wide men perform well are their arrows going into the AMR/L positions, this helps the team when attacking but helps keep the team solid defensively. When the wingers push on, the DMCs are there to help defensively to stop any counter attack from developing.

The FC must have good heading and shooting, good movement, pace, strength and stamina as well as teamwork. If the FC doesn't have all of the skills then the majority of them will do, for example pace, shooting and movement.

I would advise using a FC with high Stamina like Wayne Rooney who also has good skills in this formation as a FC with low stamina may need to be substituted later on in the match due to fatigue.

Your DMCs will get assists as well as some goals. Last season (on my Rangers save) my DMCs got a combined total of 37 assists, so if you have DMCs with good passing like Nuri Sahin, i'd imagine they would get a good amount of assists for your side.

Anyway, this is how the formation is set-up:

391143_Rangers.jpg

Arrows from MR & ML going to AMR & AML respectively :)

Instructions:

Mentality: Attacking

Passing: Short

Tackling: Normal

Pressing: Yes

Offside Trap: No

Counter Attack: No

Men Behind Ball: No

Player Instructions:

Passing: Team

Tackling: Team

Pressing: DL, DR, DC x2 No, rest Team.

Pass To: R/L/C.

Set-Pieces (A): DR & DL back, rest forward.

Set-Pieces (D): FC Forward, DMC x2 Normal, rest back.

Free Role: None

Forward Runs: GK, DC x2, MR No, rest Yes.

Run With Ball: DMC x2 Yes, rest No.

Hold Up Ball: None

Longshots: ML & AMC Yes, rest No.

Through Balls: None.

Cross Ball: None.

Marking: DMC x2, MR, FC None, rest Zonal.

Thank you for reading about my new tactic and i hope some of you try it out, if you do, please post your results. Any feedback is welcome and the player instructions put up are the ones i have had success with, but feel free to edit them to your personal preference if you try the tactic.

I will be looking to do more careers using this tactic to prove its a good tactic, only one-off seasons though, so feel free to put forward a team i could use this tactic with and i'll post the results :)