Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series Imagining the future of FMH

rafa

yAA6b.png

We all have our ideas of how the next Football Manager Handheld should look like. And I have decided to demonstrate my own vision of what I imagine in the next versions. From time to time, I will post an article on different parts of the game, considering how they are now and what could be changed in order to improve.

So guys, stay tuned ;)

Player Search - Attributes Filter

3VoPF.png

The currents attribute filter in the Player Search has been considerably improved from last version, allowing multiple selection of attributes for a given rating:

hwihn.png

However, it is still rather clumsy in my opinion. I would also like to be able to set different minimum values for different attributes. Therefore, my proposal would look like this:

iwske.png

This is inspired by some older versions of FM for PC. In this example, you would use the touch screen to slide the bar to the desired attribute value. You could still tap the arrows on the sides for higher precision. So you would maximize your attribute filtering capabilities and further improving usability!

Let me know your opinions :)

That looks nice but maybe 2 dots one for minimum one for maximum

I disagree, as I would like to have the option to choose "14" or "17". Just slide the dot to the desired value, it's not tricky.

I disagree, as I would like to have the option to choose "14" or "17". Just slide the dot to the desired value, it's not tricky.

What, I don't understand

What, I don't understand

Do you mean having a filter for maximum value and another for minimum? Well, I don't think we want to cap the maximum value of an attribute (except aggression), so I don't find it very useful.

That option is available on PSP :P

There are some features on the PSP that should definitely be transferred to the iOS/android.

Oh Rafa I understand now yeah you don't need it but it's on PSP and I found it useful it was just a suggestion

Cool, love the feedback :)

That option is available on PSP :P

There are some features on the PSP that should definitely be transferred to the iOS/android.

Some features of iOS/Android sould be put ono PSP, an example being that SI could be bothered to ix the positioning. Yann M'Vila being the most annoying mistake as he is an amazing player, but being Unconvincing in all of his positions is really bad.

I was going to do something like this if you need stuff say from the PSP, suggestions that could be transferred just PM me

I was going to do something like this if you need stuff say from the PSP, suggestions that could be transferred just PM me

I agree with Rafa that there isn't much point in having a change of maximum stat (hopfully that made sense). The maximum on a stat is 20, so why would you want to change that? Changing minimum is good. It makes it easier to find the best players-you could change all stats to 20 to find the ultimate player if he could ever exist.

PSP was clearly abandoned in 2012 to be honest.

I think I read somewhere on Vibe that FMH13 may notbe released on PSP and even if t wasn't, I totally agree. And with he release of FMH on Android, I think that SI may put even more effort into the making of iOS and Android. I know Marc focuses on iOS, but I'd like to hear his views on the terrible effort which went into he making of the PSP version.

Nice work Rafa, I totally agree with you as I find the attributes searching messy though I do love the ability to multi search the same settings in one click.

I agree, but how many attributes would you like to search in one click? I've never searched for more than 4 at a time - which would be easier to set in the slide bar manner. And if the search does not bring results, it's easy to modify only one setting for example. What I might have skipped is a "reset" button - it would be handy to have one!

I agree about sliders, I feel they could be used tactically and training wise too. Just I know usefulness wise people do search 3/4 attributes with the same values.

I've been playing around with Player Search over the past few days after I first read this .... and I like it, Rafa. The slide bar would be a huge improvement. I'd be even happier if Player Search and Scout activities were integrated to complement one another. The current situation where your Scout returns with an area report and the results wipe out all your own hard work from Player Search is really poor.

In general, the game interface is quite elegant but this is one element that is very clumsy indeed and needs improved significantly.

I dream about few things in future FMH:

1) Larger database.

2) More players from unplayable countries.

3) No bugs.

4) Shirts numbers.

5) More tactical options.

6) Good editor.

Then I'd be perfect.

On the android we don't have multiple filter thing for attributes. I also have found that you should be able to search players internationally instead of having to go through like 100 pages. Argentinian playable leagues. Korean,Japanese and Chinese playable leagues. Would be cool if you can sell and trade players to friends so be able to link to friends either online or through a cable. Having an online hall of fame would be cool.

I was thinking that a cool idea for the future would be to organise friendly tours against 3 teams but it differs depending on your league.

So say you were in charge of Aston Villa, because you are in the Prem you can choose any country in the world so you could choose to tour America, but only countries with at least 3 teams were available. Then the computer would generate three teams for America for which you could play in your friendlies. So the computer might generate LA Galaxy, Toronto and Chicago Fire and you would play them in the friendlies.

For the Championship and League 1 you could only go as far as Europe so say you were Cardiff and you chose Austria then it would generate 3 teams and you could end up against RB Salzburg, Sturm Graz and Austria Wein.

But then when you get to League 2 and below you have to choose counties within England so you might choose teams in the North West and it could generate Newcastle, Middlesborough and Hartlepool.

When you're playing as a Conference team you can only choose to play teams from your county and your neighbouring counties so say you were Fleetwood you could choose Lancashire, Wales, West Midlands, West Yorkshire, Cumbria and Greater Manchester. Then you might choose Greater Manchester and it could generate Wigan Bury and Stalybridge Celtic.

Mainly it is just another little addition to reward you for when you jump up the leagues so more teams are available to be played in friendlies. It then changes depending on which league you're in so for Wales you might only be alloed to go for Europe or maybe as little as just British Isles teams whereas if you were Germany/France it could be a similar system to England.