Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 Question about PA?

hyde

I have a question about a player's PA. Say, for example, a 17 year old player has a current ability of 115, and his potential is 160, does this mean that 160 is the absolute maximum he can reach in his career? Or can he go higher if put on a top club's intensive training?

I believe PA goes for their whole career, so if he has 160 PA he'll only reach that and nothing more, even with IT.

That's how i've always thought it worked, i may be wrong though.

Yeah, Potential ability does not change.

Player X has a current ability of 70 and potential ability of 180. Without IT he might only reach 150-170 in his prime but with IT he might reach around 170-180 but no higher.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Each player has two ability variables - both on a scale of 1-200.

Current Ability (CA) - that is the players ability TODAY, this is always lower or equal to his Potential Ability.

Potential Ability (PA) - that is the maximum ability level a player can obtain.

When a youth player appears normally there is a fair gap from his CA to his PA. As he gains experience his CA will change, normally rising somewhat towards his PA - the rate (and direction) it changes at depends upon:

• How he plays in matches and how often (if he never plays then this will be detrimental to his progress, however if he plays and is out of his depth this might affect his confidence/development detrimentally also ... or worse still if he's overplayed he might pick up injuries).
  • How old he is (past a certain age CA is less inclined to rise and once he's 'old' it'll be inclined to fall, the 'ages' mentioned differ according to player and personality type).
  • Training Facilities
  • His training regime
  • Injuries
  • His general personality and motivation along with his level of happiness

PS - Its entirely possible I've left some items off this list, this is just off the top of my head.

If I load 2 different careers loading the same leagues and being the same team so they have exactly the same training facilities, will a players PA always be the same or will it be better in some saves than others? Thanks

If I load 2 different careers loading the same leagues and being the same team so they have exactly the same training facilities, will a players PA always be the same or will it be better in some saves than others? Thanks

If the player is well-known, SI may have set a fixed PA value for him and it will be the same in each save, for e.g. Lionel Messi.

However, if a player is young or unproven, they've probably set his potential to one of the dynamic values like -10 (between 170-200), -9 (between 150-180) etc. In this case, his PA will be selected randomly and will be different in different saves. For e.g., in FMH 2012 Karim Benzema (Well-known but young) has a variable PA of -10.

Hi, thanks for helping but a few people have answered him including Marc himself. Also look at the date it was posted.

:) Read carefully mate, Marc and I have answered different queries. A couple of guys have answered, but one of them is wrong and the other incomplete. And the date is less than a couple weeks old so I suppose a proper answer was in order, just in case someone else has the same query about player PA in different saves.

Sorry to break it to you but, somehow Marc has made a mistake there. How dare I say that, you ask? Well, I started several different saves using the same team, and all it took was one look at the players with the top PA in the editor. You can do it too, all it takes is a few minutes and we won't even have to argue about this.

There is but the possibility that Marc specifically changed the -10, -9 system to something else to generate randomized PA values for some players. But, this is highly unlikely, since the -10,-9 system works so well in the PC version and there's no point changing it...

I have checked the player profiles in-game as well and the PA does change. It changed massively for Benzema, from 192 in one save to 176 in another and 187 in the third...

Anyways, I won't argue with you about this any further since I've already answered the query which was asked and also explained it rather patiently. It's up to you to either check for yourself or to clear things up with Marc about this. Cheers!

Player profiles in game are star ratings. This is done by the scout and can vary massively by age and form.

Again, you're confusing Scout/Coach reports with player Profiles. Profiles are the ones you see when you click on a Player's name in-game, and it contains info about his attributes/stats, age, positions etc.

To see how some players' PA (and also CA) varies from save to save, try starting 2 saves with exactly the same settings (team, loaded leagues etc.) and open a few player profiles to compare... You will see the differences immediately.

Why not just check this, or ask Marc Vaughan, instead of rejecting information outright. You even tried to pin it to "an editor fault" a couple of posts ago. Next you'll say the game is bugged :P

For a forum admin, you need to be more open-minded mate...

Dec never rejected any of the information, he gave his view of what the problem may be, after all, he knows this game far better than most people on this site, therefore i feel your first 2 paragraphs are irrelevant as i'd put money on Dec already knowing what you said.

He has been open minded imo, your coming across as if you know it all and you sound like your saying both Dec and Marc are wrong in what they're talking about, yet am sure they both know more about the game and how it works than you do.

I would watch how you talk to Dec, he owns the site (as am sure you know) and your posts don't exactly ooze respect towards him.

@rayjayokocha, Calm down.

I am actually hoping that Dec will confirm the PA facts from Marc since Marc often replies to Dec regarding game matters. It was never my intention to sound disrespectful, all I know is what I see and regarding that I'm having a positive discussion with Dec. Why Dec? You said it yourself, he knows more about FMHandheld than me at least and is therefore the best person to discuss with.

Let me tell you though, that I have been playing FM since 2001 on the PC, and can definitely tell up from down where FM is concerned. I'd been active on the SI forums until till FM 2009, but since then have read more threads than I've posted. Since FMH is clearly derived from older versions of FM, I might have something to contribute to the discussion which is why I'm still talking.

Please don't feel like you have to defend Dec's honour over here, he's holding his own quite well. I would be happy to share what I know and learn more from others about FMH, but if that's not how it's done here then please let me know. I would make sure to stop visiting "Dec's FMHVibe", just so I don't "disrespect the owner of the site".

I am calm mate.

It is how it's done here, but that's up to you. Some just take from the site, some give back, what you want to do is up to you.

The only reason i defended Dec is because i took your posts as quite arrogant and cocky, with an "i know everything" attitude. But that's me personally, others may see if differently.

Also your "For a forum admin, you need to be more open-minded mate..." got under my skin as he hadn't done anything to deserve such a comment, which i saw as a stab at his admin skills.

But hey, whatever, i'll leave this as i've said what i wanted to say.

Back on topic :)

Player profiles in game are star ratings. This is done by the scout and can vary massively by age and form.

Again, you're confusing Scout/Coach reports with player Profiles. Profiles are the ones you see when you click on a Player's name in-game, and it contains info about his attributes/stats, age, positions etc.

Yes this isn't CA or PA but attributes.

To see how some players' PA (and also CA) varies from save to save, try starting 2 saves with exactly the same settings (team, loaded leagues etc.) and open a few player profiles to compare... You will see the differences immediately.

The editor has bugs, I do collate these bugs and look at fixes, I am the first to admit it isn't perfect. Which player is it as - PA is only on youngsters anyway, so if it is with like Lampard then it is 100% an editor bug.

Why not just check this, or ask Marc Vaughan, instead of rejecting information outright. You even tried to pin it to "an editor fault" a couple of posts ago. Next you'll say the game is bugged :P

I have done. I didn't reject your information as that is your view, I'm just saying what Marc told me a while back to try and help you. I'm not justifying that with a response, it is just an unneeded dig at me when I help make the UNOFFICIAL editor that has got bugs for similar things.

For a forum admin, you need to be more open-minded mate...

For a forum member, you need to learn to accept others' opinions and not dig at people mate. I am open minded and accept your views. I've asked Marc about this but as mentioned above I am saying what I was told and my beliefs. Sorry but do you think you know more than the person who makes the game?

EDIT: There is PA fluctuation according to Marc but not the same as PC. This I presume was new to 2012 and therefore not a bug with the editor (phew, one less thing to fix).

Declan Barry says (15:21)

Is -10 PA on FMH 2012?

Marc Vaughan says (15:28)

Done differently

But in essense yes to some extent

Declan Barry says (15:29)

Is there attribute fluctuation then? Someone is saying on Vibe on our editor there is PA fluctuation and I remember you saying last summer this isn't the case, so is it a bug or have you added something?

Marc Vaughan says (15:29)

Yes there is PA fluctuation (and CA at the start for young players)

Its done intentionally and not a bug at all

Declan Barry says (15:29)

Thanks mate

Marc Vaughan says (15:30)

Its most volatile for the youngest players and less so for slightly old 'kids'

conversation on vibe - heh, yeah fine - most people know my spelling is awful already ;)