Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series We're all in this together.

Jayze

So. I guess this was it. It was the first day at my new job. What a job it was. Manager of Luton Town. In it's own right a massive club. However, they're on the brink of the conference. Now, it's not my job to decide these point deductions. But the fact that my team are nearly down before a ball has even been kicked is a bit of a joke really. It beggers belief what they are actually thinking. So we go into Admin. We get a points deduction. Right. But hang on a minute, we've gone into admin because our debts are massive. However surely if you give us a 30 point deduction, it's going to make Blue Square football a near certainty so that's going to effect the finances even more. Honestly, I don't know what they think at times. But I know what I'm thinking. We're going to give it a bloody good go.

The board have in theory given me 30K to work with. However they gave the instructions to ideally try not to spend it. Be abit of a whealer and dealer. Which is fine with me. I like that sort of thing. However the trouble is no-one want's to bloody sign for us. The lure of Football League is about as attractive as the lure of Sick. We're Football League. But for how long? So, I thought Loans are the best move for us. So that's what I did, I rang my Ass Man and he did a bit of searching and came back with some results.

We've already got 19 year old striker Chris Martin in on loan from Norwich which I'm delighted about. He'll parter Sam Parkin up front which let's us sell Drew Talbot to gain funds. Drew went for £100K to Leeds. So the Ass Man came back with 2 suitable choices. One was a lad from Zenit. He's 21 and can play anywhere across the back 4 or in midfield. He's called Andrey Nagumanov and he came in on loan for the whole season. The next one was the marquee signing. Young right back Rafael came in from United. He'll be very big for us. That was it for transfers. I'm not really worried as the squad is too good for this league as it is. Which is a shame really. Because we could be out of it before we even begin. However, we have to start somewhere don't we? Try Darlo at home.