Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Top 10 most exciting clubs for FMH2013

Dec

gallery_1_1_12450.png

The transfer window is reaching twilight and a few tasty deals are starting to be wrapped up. Now it is time to cast our minds to the future and see what challenges FMH2013 will give us, which clubs are going to capture our mind and imagination? Where are we going to find something new and exciting? I am going to run down the top 10 most interesting clubs to play as in FMH2013 as of the transfers now (16/08/2012). Will it inspire you? Will you agree/disagree? Let’s see.

10. Borussia Mönchengladbach:

gallery_1_1_6503.png

Nation: Germany

League: Bundesliga

Finances: Good

Star player: Luuk De Jong

Why?: The surprise of the Bundesliga last year had to be this relatively unknown team gaining a Champions League qualification place. With some top class players like Marc-Andre ter Stegen who are promising they can push to challenge the Bayern Munich/Borrusia Dortmund dominance with the right decisions. What followed the ecstasy of qualification was star man Marco Reus leaving the club for rivals Dortmund. They worked quickly to replace him with in-form Dutch striker Luuk De Jong who promises to be epic on the next game. They aren’t going to be easy but with a lot of player’s upgraded ability wise and a few new faces to replace those who got poached by bigger teams it is going to be a challenge to see if you can keep them in the Champions League places with a limited fund compared to those around and more pressure than ever.

9. Juventus:

gallery_1_1_16307.png

Nation: Italy

League: Serie A

Finances: Rich

Star player: Andrea Pirlo

Why?: I don’t think many would have predicted Juventus to rise from the ashes like a phoenix and dominate in the first season they really asserted themselves at the top again. Unbeaten in the league for the whole season is no easy feat (ask Arsenal fans) and with a new stadium Juventus have been looking at the cream of the crop during the summer. Many names have been linked to the club with The Old Lady including Fernando Llorente and Robin van Persie with the former still heavily tipped to join them. They’ve already attracted some new names to go into their team including Lucio and Paul Pogba which will add some more class to what will be a much improved side for the 2013 game with Italian players and Juventus alike performing significantly better over the course of last season meaning a huge boost to the attributes of all.

You’ll need to take their riches and experience to prove it wasn’t a fluke in 2011-12, see what you can do with the expectation back on Juventus’ shoulders and the “glory” that happened last season casting a huge shadow over you.

8. Borrusia Dortmund:

gallery_1_1_28972.png

Nation: Germany

League: Bundesliga

Finances: Very Good

Star player: Mario Götze

Why?: Winning the double by beating Bayern Munich twice is a big incentive. Now Dortmund still have a young squad but have the knowledge to make it a third successive title in a row and with quality such as Götze still at the club it would be impossible to write them off. There is a catch to all this glory though, Dortmund haven’t done much in the Champions League and will be hoping this changes in 2012-13 this will be your job while maintaining the balance. The finances also comes into play, Bayern Munich and other teams trying to catch up have a lot more money than Dortmund so it is all about self-sustaining as the top team in your nation which is rarely seen with the big teams in other nations. Kagawa is gone and so has Barrios, these will be two huge blows and were cornerstones of the team, yet it isn’t all doom and gloom as you have been blessed with Marco Reus; who’s another young prospect in the team afterbeing snapped up this summer by Dortmund and he’s a capable replacement to the Manchester United new boy Kagawa. They’ve dealt well in the window and now it’s up to you to keep the likes of Hummels, Bender and Götze from the rich boys in other leagues in order to dominate home and for the first time ever in the club’s history – Europe!

7. Fiorentina:

gallery_1_1_13587.png

Nation: Italy

League: Serie A

Finances: Very Good

Star player: Stevan Jovetić

Why?: Many clubs haven’t endured a season as bad as Fiorentina. The Italians found them way down the pack in Serie A after hoping to achieve European places and this has left a lot of clubs after their promising players with Stevan Jovetić attracting the attention of a few Premier League clubs. Luckily for Fiorentina not many have left but they’ve invested heavily into the playing squad in the hopes of glory. With a fair bit of cash available to you and the squad that can push towards Europe a 12th place finish like last season will not be acceptable, it is up to you to pick up morale and blend the squad together to push Roma, Napoli and Udinese like Fiorentina can do.

6. Arsenal:

gallery_1_1_32242.png

Nation: England

League: Premier League

Star player: Thomas Vermaelen

Why?: A disappointing start to the 2011-12 season meant Wenger had to ditch his youth strategy leaving Arsenal with some very promising youngsters including Jack Wilshere and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Now though Arsenal possess more than just young talent and despite forward Robin van Persie very close to a deal with Manchester United there is still a lot of hope for the club that ended 3rd in the Premier League. One can argue that they have a better squad now with Santi Carzola being in WhoScored’s best rated XI in 2011-12 for Malaga and looking to justify breaking Arsenal’s transfer record. They have also invested in FMH firecracker Lukas Podolski who will look to continue to be a constant threat in the games and Oliver Giroud who will be hoping his attributes are boosted by his goal tally leading Montpellier to a 1st ever Ligue 1 title.

With still a bit of money in the bank to improve the defence and though Barcelona are chasing the ever-solid Alex Song Arsenal will be looking to improve with all their big spending rivals again spending a lot of money to get the better of them. Your aim will be to win a trophy for the first time in 7 seasons as the London club’s dry spell has to come to an end. The resources are there though and the team looks to be the best ever since that title winning season. Will it still hang over the club though? Make sure it doesn’t and deliver the Emirates its first taste of trophies.

5. Villarreal:

gallery_1_1_29229.png

Nation: Spain

League: Liga Adelante

Finances: Average

Star player: Giuseppe Rossi

Why?: No one ever expected a Champions League team to get relegated in a season they are in the competition but for some reason Villarreal managed the unthinkable yet they wished they wouldn’t have their name next to this feat. The club is in turmoil, a lot of their main players have left and they’re in the second division. A season of a lot of promise turned into their worst season ever and now they are looking to get back to where they feel they will belong. Luckily for them star striker Rossi is still with the club but after injuring himself for the majority of last season they will be praying he is healthy for this one.

This is potentially the club’s biggest season and with a hugely deflated squad full of decreased attributes you will be looking to do what the whole of the world expects and gain promotion. The problem is it is never that easy and a steady decline can soon turn into a rapid one, but you have the quality compared to the rest of the league. Can you do it though?

4. Chelsea:

gallery_1_1_8747.png

Star player: Juan Mata

Why?: Chelsea got the holy grail last season and landed the Champions League now the squad has been changed with younger, more technical players have come in as Juan Mata looks to dictate play for the attacking flair in front of him. Hazard, Oscar, Lukaku, Marin and Sturridge all provide players with great talent and the youth to give Chelsea an exciting new look. The only problem is the defence still lacks as well as a consistent striker and with the club performing below par in the league they will be looking to get a title challenge this season with the heavy investment, you won’t be short of money yourself for Chelsea and it should be an easy challenge yet it is more taking the club through a transition, the attack is starting to take shape but there’s plenty of deadwood such as Essien and Hilario keeping the average age up. Luckily for you though Mata will have been upgraded after a blistering season showing FMH’s scouts they massively underrated him. With a lot of attacking talent it is key you get the balance right while not making any of your stars unhappy as there is a lot of them, it can be tough at the top and Chelsea’s squad will be one of them that is tough to manage there, they break every FMH rule ever with their balance, you need to fix this. Are you up to the task?

3. Manchester United:

gallery_1_1_15343.png

Star player: Wayne Rooney

Why?: Like Chelsea Manchester United have over indulged on their attack yet in a different way. Manchester United have a lot of strikers. With Robin van Persie’s transfer all but completed his medical him and Rooney can form a deadly partnership but with Cleverely, Young, Valencia, Nani and new signing Kagawa battling for attacking spots in midfield you may have to choose to sell Welbeck or Hernandez to accommodate such a wealth of talent. The legacy of Sir Alex Ferguson is a long and prosperous one and his signings have left him with a choice he may not even be able to make, it really is heaven for any manager. Just make sure you choose the right choices and invest the money you have left wisely else the team could meltdown and start calling for your head. The noisy neighbours Manchester City have gotten louder too by winning the Premier League, you MUST win it this season and achieve everywhere else. This is the biggest season for Manchester United ever and it will mean a lot to their fans so don’t mess it up!

2. The Rangers FC:

gallery_1_1_53918.png

Nation: Scotland

League: Scottish Division 3

Finances: Poor

Star player: Carlos Bocanegra

Why?: Liquidation, relegation and controversy have been the buzzwords around Rangers since FMH2012 was released. Now Rangers see a lot of new faces in their team due to their placing in division 3 after going into liquidation, the whole of the UK will be watching your every move as you guide the poor but significantly better club out of division 3 and back into the top 2 of the SPL like they’ve been for so long. This isn’t a rescue mission, this is about placement. They belong in the SPL but this will change Scotland and with limited resources can you make them resurface and fight off the newcomers to their past title by constructing a whole new squad? Promotion all the way up is a must, the pressure is on. This is a challenge never seen in FMH before, going from the bottom with a big team, with better players but no money and a lot of pressure. It will be something new, I’m excited to prove my worth as a manager, but can you do it too?

1. Paris Saint-Germain:

gallery_1_1_41211.png

Nation: France

League: Ligue 1

Star player: Thiago Silva

Why?: PSG didn’t take losing the title to Montpellier very well and have heavily invested smashing the record for money spent on a defender by buying Thiago Silva. They’ve raided Italy for stars Lavezzi and Ibrahimovic to match too as well as taken Veratti from Serie B! The team is primed and ready to shread Ligue 1 to pieces and with so much money for you to spend you wouldn’t know what to do with it all. Just don’t fail else you will be sacked in an instant, that is assured. The challenge will be Europe, you have the finances and a lot of the team to compete. This is about creating a dynasty from day 1 with a team that has never had a dynasty before, you need to make them taste so much success that their mouths are full. Want a lot of money and pressure as well as a clean slate? Create a legacy without going down the ranks and building up at PSG, it won’t be as easy as you’re imagining and could prove to be a difficult task with some good teams in France sniffing around for any weakness but you will be the team to beat, make sure they don’t succeed else your job may be on the line.

Notable Mentions:

AC Milan, Barcelona, Blackburn Rovers, Inter Milan, Liverpool, Malaga, Montpellier, Newcastle United, Santos, Swansea City, Valencia

I don't think Rangers will be that good a team to manage. They still have some quality players so it could be pretty easy.

Chelsea could have been number one if it was teams to verse. If RDM is as good as he is irl then Chelsea could be an amazing team.

United could be one of the best teams to manage due to the selection of the team.

Liverpool just to sign Borini :P

I think Rangers can be a challenge, it could be easy but a lot can change in 3 seasons and the club is poor. You will have to construct a new team from probably the biggest fallen giant ever, it will be exciting to say the least.

That is why United is 3 ;), will be interesting to see how people deal with all the players and keeping them happy.

Liverpool for Borini, not really, in my notable mentions but I believe the list is pretty different and interesting where as Liverpool offer a less hardcore version of Fiorentina.

I agree, they're in notable mentions but they still have some top players and Rangers really tick "money problems". I tried to keep it mixed up and while Malaga would be interesting in a top 10 that is as strong as the one above they just wouldn't compete in terms of enjoyment (would be so easy to turn the finances around in my opinion).

Glad you liked it :).

I forgot Malaga were in the bottom section, i read it on my phone before and didn't comment lol.

I just hope there are some new leagues to open up some more interesting experiences but most of all i want to know what version i'll be playing lol.

I never plan my careers so i haven't gave any of these much thought in truth, i just go with what feel right at the time :).

Just wishing I can do all of this on a PSP, but it probs wont happen :(

If FMH2013 is on PSP you can. This content is nothing but speculation and can be done by anyone.

I forgot Malaga were in the bottom section, i read it on my phone before and didn't comment lol. I just hope there are some new leagues to open up some more interesting experiences but most of all i want to know what version i'll be playing lol.I never plan my careers so i haven't gave any of these much thought in truth, i just go with what feel right at the time :).

I hope so too, just going on what is currently in front of us to create a discussion/thoughts. I think these 10 + some of the notable mentions may be played a lot though teams like Fiorentina don't get the publicity they may do if they were English and that's why I did this too, wanted to raise awareness of some of the careers out there in FMH if you branch away a bit and do a bit of research.

Great read, although strongly disagree with Man Utd and Chelsea in such top positions (3-4). Definitely think Malaga should be there, and i think many leagues were overlooked, in special Brazil who has become much stronger in recent years. Corinthians and Santos would definitely be worth a mention, the first won Libertadores for the first time in history and will have to face Chelsea in the Club World Cup, while the second had a Neymar even stronger this year.

Don't know whether to start as Dortmund or Arsenal, I'd like to have Reus and hopefully a better Kuba after last season, but Cazorla+Podolski+Giroud sounds exciting too!

Nice mention with Villareal but the thing about Rossi, he is injured again till next year so you have him out for the majority of it and has also been heavily linked with a move away, so could be a Sampdoria of last season.

Great read, although strongly disagree with Man Utd and Chelsea in such top positions (3-4). Definitely think Malaga should be there, and i think many leagues were overlooked, in special Brazil who has become much stronger in recent years. Corinthians and Santos would definitely be worth a mention, the first won Libertadores for the first time in history and will have to face Chelsea in the Club World Cup, while the second had a Neymar even stronger this year.

It is personal opinion and I tried to keep it general in terms of interest. A lot of people will want to start with the attacking talent both teams possess.

Malaga got a notable mention, but I mentioned why they didn't get top 10 above.

I did look at Brazil, didn't see they won the Libertadores though, I have added them into notable mentions, thanks :).

Nice mention with Villareal but the thing about Rossi, he is injured again till next year so you have him out for the majority of it and has also been heavily linked with a move away, so could be a Sampdoria of last season.

Injuries I don't believe are on FMH that occur in real life.

Really nice read Dec. Very enjoyable. I agree with a lot of the teams you've put in. Just wondering is there a particular reason Santos are going to be exciting or is it just Neymar and Ganso? :)

Really nice read Dec. Very enjoyable. I agree with a lot of the teams you've put in. Just wondering is there a particular reason Santos are going to be exciting or is it just Neymar and Ganso? :)

Rafa suggested them and provided information I didn't know so I agreed with him. It is very much like Chelsea as they've won the Copa Librtadores in the last season and with Neymar and Ganso rising up along with Brazil getting richer it will be interesting to see how hard it will be.

I'm quite surprise Rangers finances will be poor tbh. Because they are still the 2nd rich team in scotland

As Rafa said, it is ok being the 2nd richest but they have a lot to pay and will not get much money in the next season. I doubt with everything looming and ownership in doubt it will be hard to class them as "Good" like Celtic would be.

Each fair enough :) but i was surprised becasue Charles Green (the new owner) is a multi-millionaire an they are getting invested in by 3-billionaires. I'm no expert on FMH or financial sides of football so I'm probably missing out stuff :lol:

3 billion is fine, IF they see 3 billion. There's no evidence that he will spend vast amount of money and the only thing that has been done is balancing the debt and liquidating the club. A lot of players have left while quality wise they haven't seen much money come into the club to justify still being the "2nd richest club in Scotland".

The owner of Malaga could be richer than the owner of Manchester City but if he isn't willing to invest (which he isn't) the club isn't rich itself, just the owner is.

Nottingham Forest would also exciting due to their take-over, my club Leeds Utd are also on the verge of a takeover which is supposedly due tomorrow before the Wolverhampton Wanderers match. Both of these would be exciting challenges as both are fallen giants like Rangers IMO.

Nice guide Dec, keep it up!

There have been a lot of Championship clubs being bought Over isn't their? Its really becoming annoying as their trying to buy their way to the prem :/

Exception for Leeds as our fans deserve premiership football! ;)

Leicester failed to buy there way into the Premiership last season and finished 9th so they will be heavy expectations to get promoted at the first time of asking which would be a decent challenge.