Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series FMH Facebook Pages

JoshFMH

Hey was just wondering about your views on people sharing there FMH stories on facebook pages they have created personally I think its a good idea it provides (mainly from an iOS perspective) a direct simple way of sharing your story whilst also being able to interact with readers

My page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joshs-FM-Handheld-stories/471054052915468

Drop me a like promise I wont destroy your news feed

I run the largest FMH page on Facebook and I am not really liking these stories. I personally believe Facebook users are very impatient and passive unless you post a lot and gain a hardcore base yet I've not seen this yet. They prefer to read short posts to long ones and with there being a fine line between active and spamming; in which you can very easily get it wrong with stories - you need to post several updates a day at least.

Also to make them interact you'd have to do something brilliant or offer other posts too which isn't really the point of your page. Compared to forum's the people aren't as dedicated about the game so it is really a lot of commitment and a fine balancing act - made even greater by the stories needs. If I were you I'd stick to forums, they are much more versatile in terms of how much you want to post, more passionate people and less work.

Also what I've noticed is a lot of likes from these pages are coming from people who like their other pages in which are big. I believe due to the commitment unless there's a team it won't work but even then it will be hard. It's a fad, I will put a lot of money on it dying out (the biggest one seems to have stopped after a few days too).

My page by the way.

Dec, you know that page is it the official FMH Page and they've asked you to run it, or is it just a made up one? Always been intrigued. Loved the comment about the irony of United players diving! ;) :lol:

Dec, you know that page is it the official FMH Page and they've asked you to run it, or is it just a made up one? Always been intrigued. Loved the comment about the irony of United players diving! ;) :lol:

It's his own little made up one that he likes to think is official ;)

It's a fanpage.

Conor - I've never claimed it to be official, if anyone says something I always make sure they know it is unofficial and in the information it says we aren't official. No idea where you get that from as I've never tried to mislead anyone.