Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series More Problems For England.

Ashez

After every international tournament questions are asked about why England failed and most of the time the problem is identified as being a problem nurturing kids entering the game. My question is, does the regen system also have a negative effect on the national side in Football Manager Handheld?

English players are bigged up as the next big thing with the likes of Liverpool midfielder Jonjo Shelvey being tipped to be the next Steven Gerrard and Conner Wickham being the next Alan Shearer. This is massively unfair on young players growing up and leads to my point, that the regenerated players system ruins the real life aspect of managing England.

_41801544_shearer270gi.jpg

Firstly we'll look at Shelvey, at the start of the game he's only a child and available for a decent fee of around a million or two. The problem is many players wouldn't invest in the dynamic midfielder because they have better foreign imports to concentrate on, which is a serious problem in the modern game but a story for someone else to tell. On the off chance you do decided to use Shelvey, you'll need to spend time nurturing him and giving him the chance to improve which will take a couple of years by this time big English regens will start appearing like his mentor Steven Gerrard or his Chelsea rival Frank Lampard.

article-1272463395053-09577746000005DC-578186_223x247.jpg

See the problem? Why take the risk of hoping Shelvey does develop into a similar player as Gerrard when you can wait a year or two and sign the real deal cheaper and younger than Jonjo? This problem happens all over the pitch with real English players not getting the chance as by the time they're ready for the first team regens will be forcing them out, lets face it regens are amazing! They perform to the highest levels in the game, are available dirt cheap and perform right off the bat thanks to intensive training.

If you look at the current England under 21 squad in real life you'll see some great talent in all areas including Stephen Caulker, Jason Steele and Thomas Ince but will you invest in these players and help them reach the international scene or will you wait and sign regens in the same position who are not only better but younger and cheaper like Sol Campbell, David James and Matthew Etherington?

David_James2_747955.jpg

That is thinking you'll go English anyway, if you look away from England the early regenerated players become even better with the likes of Raul and Roberto Carlos hanging up there boots a season or two in.

So to concluded in real life we all moan the FA doesn't do enough to help maintain the English national side like other nations do but are we also the problem when the matter is translated into FMH? Not only do the young real English players have to contend with foreigners they also have to rival some of the best fake players the world has ever seen.

Thank you for reading, your comments and views on the subject are appreciated.

Ashez

Having Shelvey as the example makes me even more worried! :lol:

I'd think more a long the lines of Sterling if your going to use a Liverpool player!

I never intended to use Shelvey it just went that way since he would be fighting for the position verse great regens like Gerrard, Beckham and Lampard but even Sterling will face the same problem since he's 16 at the start of the game so say he develops enough for first team footy when he's 20 he'll be fighting four years worth off instantly ready regens.

But personally, I don't think that will ever change in FMH. England isn't good enough to conmbat regens it never will be, until we start playing good football, then it'll kick the ball rolling.

Good article btw. :)