Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Intensive Training *Revamped*

Dec

It's been years of IT without any change yet the results have yielded some of the best players from nothing and helped youngsters reach the height of their game easily, it has made a team of winners a lot of the time from nothing. Now we knew this couldn't last yet it still has but it has come to my attention it needs some modifications, with this I have looked at IT and added in a new tier called "lITe".

Intensive Training:

GK:

Fitness - Intensive

Tactics - Intensive

Attacking - None

Goalkeeping - Intensive

Defending - None

Motivational - Intensive

Outfield:

Fitness - Intensive

Tactics - Intensive

Attacking - Intensive

Goalkeeping - None

Defending - Intensive

Motivational - Intensive

This is for players who play at great clubs with no history of long injuries or injury proneness, normally players in the Premier League and Championship can easily sustain this though below may not be uncommon. lITe:
GK:

Fitness - Intensive

Tactics - Intensive

Attacking - None

Goalkeeping - Medium

Defending - None

Motivational - Intensive

Outfield:

Fitness - Intensive

Tactics - Intensive

Attacking - Medium

Goalkeeping - None

Defending - Medium

Motivational - Intensive

This is designed for youngsters/older players who cannot cope with IT or players who are at clubs that may not have the facilities or the ability to deal with IT and therefore the team gets injured a lot. It is a simple fix to put all your squad on that yields great results still and will help you achieve promotion or the cup wins that mean you can purchase better players who can deal with full IT. Also it will come in handy if you have an injury prone player or a player coming back from a long lay off or not much game time due to the growth not being as fulfilling in the technical departments as IT but still going to improve them substantially without the required ability to recover from fatigue quickly in which IT needs..

After almost a full season with Distillery in Northern Ireland, I must say that only about half my players can handle IT in FMH13.

Goalkeepers handle it fine though,

Rafa, drop Defence for Strikers and Offensive for Defenders when playing as a team with bad facilities...

I destroyed a 30-man squad at FC United with IT lol...

They didn't gain any Condition, they just lost it and got injured then recovered to then get injured again :D (After the Friendlies I had about half the squad left :D)

Some strikers need defending on IT since it controlls the heading stat ;)

That's interesting, do you know what other attributes are controlled by, in training? It could be worth writing a guide about!

And Dec, would you say this is a bit of a glitch, and it only works exactly as it is, or do you think it would achieve similar effects after modifying it a bit?

It's not really an exploit as it complete destroys your team as far as injuries goes... I mean at AC Milan on FMH12, Pato and Ibrahimovic were nightmares, they recovered only to continuously get re-injured after a couple of matches...

Those with low proneness to injury are obviously at a huge advantage with this :P

True :P...

They really should have more accurate phsio reports though because the likes of Kaka (in FMH12), wasn't said to be i jury prone when his injuryproneness was something like 15 or so...

I tried this with players 25 or younger(I figured any higher would just wear the old people out).

Had good results, not great, but good.

I made a list of all the players I did it with and noted their stats before training, and I updated it after a week of IT. if they improved, I kept them on it. If they had no effect I'd keep them on it for one more week. But if it had negative effects I just stopped.

I'm going to try this with young goalies I got this year.. I have 3 6 star potential and one 7 star. All under 21.

I kinda went crazy. Worst case scenario, they don't improve and I either loan them out or sell. Best case, one of them become my starter(both my current gk are over 30) probably will never buy another goalie again... Considering I'm in my 28/29 season.

I can see the 30 yr finish line.

I tried this with players 25 or younger(I figured any higher would just wear the old people out).

Had good results, not great, but good.

I made a list of all the players I did it with and noted their stats before training, and I updated it after a week of IT. if they improved, I kept them on it. If they had no effect I'd keep them on it for one more week. But if it had negative effects I just stopped.

I'm going to try this with young goalies I got this year.. I have 3 6 star potential and one 7 star. All under 21.

I kinda went crazy. Worst case scenario, they don't improve and I either loan them out or sell. Best case, one of them become my starter(both my current gk are over 30) probably will never buy another goalie again... Considering I'm in my 28/29 season.

I can see the 30 yr finish line.

It works for all ages, using IT, as well as subbing Xavi off at about 55-60mins into the game gets a young APM a go (in this case Thiago, Rafinha, Roberto & Espinosa).

His career is elongated as his physical stats remain relatively still (Stamina and such begin to drop off after a year and a half), his stamina stays above 95%.

You need to wait for years for younger players to see improvements as well as noting that some players don't try/care/ambitious or just don't have the potential to grow any more...

Some players grow slower than others...

Eg. Jean Marie Dongou Vs. Erick Torres.

Torres grows so fast that after a month or so he is already equal to Bojan (unless you've been rattling goals away with Bojan) whilst Dongou goes slow, maybe increasing average of 1 after 9 months.

It doesn't mean Erick Torres will wind up being a better player as both are quite young with many years ahead of them.

Lol its nice to now that.

I'll try it next season but check on them every month instead of every week.

I put my son on IT for the season. He only has 3 star potential but is showing decent stats for a team in the lower leagues to be a star player.

I almost sold him in an exchange for a player worth $70mil at age 20. But the guy wanted more money than Messi made. I wasn't wiling to shovel that kind of money out considering I had a better player in front of him.

Positioning isn't key to a goalkeeper but it helps during one on ones. I much prefer to have a green set of agility etc and you don't want to overwork your goalkeeper.

IT is great, theres no denying it gives great results, for me, my defenders are the players that seem to pick up the training injuries the most..

any advice for putting them on a more relaxed regime, because i cant work out what i can reduce..cheers

Unless you're running a BPD you can lower attack to Med or Low like Dec said, with a BPD he needs IT otherwise sell him off...

Some players can't and never will be able to handle IT, but you can make them ised to it by rotating between mediums with itensive fitness & motivational and IT until they built up stam

On a couple of my players, I noticed they were getting injured quite a lot. On one of their profile the physio reported 'although he is a great athlete he is prone to injuries.' Another one said 'the physio has long term concerns over this players fitness.' One of them is 25 and one is 20 (the ones with fitness issues) and the other one is 17 with the injury prone thing. Can I change this anyway, because their stamina is like 17-18 I don't understand...

On a couple of my players, I noticed they were getting injured quite a lot. On one of their profile the physio reported 'although he is a great athlete he is prone to injuries.' Another one said 'the physio has long term concerns over this players fitness.' One of them is 25 and one is 20 (the ones with fitness issues) and the other one is 17 with the injury prone thing. Can I change this anyway, because their stamina is like 17-18 I don't understand...

Stamina is unrelated to injury proneness...

The only way to change it is to sell and then replace...