Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Intensive Training *Revamped*

Dec

No, not really...

Some players are just worse on IT- eg. Pedro, his key stats re higher on default attacking as he has a lower-ish potential and by decreasing defensive stats he opens up room for attacking stats, on IT he just pushes up until he can't

No... You don't get it do you? IT injures players extremely consistently, you can get IT-like stats without IT by concentrating your regimes, which, in the case of lower potential guys, like Pedro, can result in better key stats at the loss of non-key stats.

The added bonus is that he then almost never gets injured...

No... You don't get it do you? IT injures players extremely consistently, you can get IT-like stats without IT by concentrating your regimes, which, in the case of lower potential guys, like Pedro, can result in better key stats at the loss of non-key stats.

The added bonus is that he then almost never gets injured...

Whoa there matey - less of the aggression :)

I get all of that but I've seen other games where you only get the options to train certain things - not everything to maximum effect immediately .... That's all I meant

It isn't effective...

It causes injuries and hence stat loss while injured as well as missed gametime, that's it's set-back...

You could probably do an IT-like training program for your players in real life as a club manager, you'd just see a lot of struggling/injuring like you do in game...

I'm just asking why you don't understand this already as there's a heap of posts about the injury proneness going to unreal heights...

It isn't effective? You do realise I extensively tested it on a lot of players and found players playing over 60-70 games no problem with the top teams getting over 30+ stat growth in 3 months?

It isn't effective? You do realise I extensively tested it on a lot of players and found players playing over 60-70 games no problem with the top teams getting over 30+ stat growth in 3 months?

I'm trying to tell Van Dykes that IT isn't just all positive, sure you get amazing stats which I love...

However it causes a huge amount of issues for players injury-wise as in real life hardly any serious injuries occur throughout a player's career.

Have you tried Ilkay Gundogan? He'll get injured for 3 months if you try and play him 4 consecutive matches on IT, he needs to wait until he's older before he can handle it, in the same way, older players such as Xavi work better on a regime with less intensity in unimportant areas such as Defence...

It depends on your player though top players mostly are able to handle it unless they have a bad injury proneness and fitness attributes. I have had a lot of players manage to play consistently on it throughout the season with no problems at all and with just a bit more squad depth which you can easily achieve through Bosmans then there should be no worries.

Didn't mean to open a can of worms here

Yes I know the pros and cons of IT but was simply asking the question about whether or not any changes to IT would be a good thing or not

No need to fall out fellas

Peace n love n all that :D

Dec I know... I hardly do anything but Bosmans nowadays because I find otherwise I have too mich funds to play around with on my current career...

Gundogan got better over time, his Stamina has remained constant at 16 and I don't know how much Injury Proneness can change :P

And no, no changes to IT because of the injury stuff I listed as there's also the part where majority of medium/low players can't/don't want IT as a part of their lives. Also, IT is only effective on teams with better training facilities as otherwise players recover too slowly.

Dec, remember that Barca probably has the most squad depth possible as at the start of the game you probably have 45 or so guys who can handle Liga BBVA decently (not well).

IT won't suit everybody, I have never said it will (hence why I said in the OP if they don't do the changes I advised) however saying because of this then it is useless is just wrong. SI have edited the effect on lower league players a bit that is true but this still can improve the average/good players to be some of the best and to make a world class team with lots of squad depth with even little funds available compared to some teams *cough* Manchester City *cough*.

Hi guys,

I've read this debate about IT and have a few questions...

I'd imagine IT would be wonderful at a top club with excellent training facilities and top youngsters but when managing a lower league team, is it advisable to use or would I be better off doing medium training instead of intensive.

Also if a player has an exclamation mark and its because they don't like the training regime, will they improve if I leave them on it or should I lower the regime straight away.

Does this kind of unhappiness also affect morale and is that always the case?

I hope people who talk about IT have had some experience of lower league management because if not then surely being at a top club with all the great players and facilities is mostly going to be ok for IT and make them biased towards using it.

i just learn that with fmh 2013. you can't intensive your training when your transfer is youth. u will lose every game for sure

Apparantly it used to, I read an article in FMH10 or 11 or something on this site in which Dec made a training regime that helped players recover faster. I don't think it works anymore BUT if a player always gets injured then you should probably decrease intensity in their regime.

With fmh13 being my first fmh game I can't comment on using IT on earlier versions. And before the transfer update, I just toyed around with trying my own training to varying degrees.

So I have just started a new career at Leicester with the TWU and thought I would try IT and see what results I get. So far at one month into the new season, I have seen improvements over all of my squad, mostly modest improvements and a small few have made huge jumps in a short period .

Will monitor the training every 2months or so to see if I get consistent improvements with IT or if it's a sharp peak which will level out over the season.

A well timed update :)

A certain young Spaniard isn't looking quite so young these days and I was just thinking about sticking him onto a less intensive training programme. I'll give this a shot and see if it can keep him ticking over for a bit longer.

Hey guys

I need to ask a question, this whole intensive training thing is boggling my brains and I just cant wrap my head around it. What do I change in the training system to make it work? I mean, there are the training regimes on the far left of the screen (Gen, Att Def etc) and when you click on them you can then change the Intensity, I get that. But what do you put your indivudual players on? Do you change them from generla to Att of Def or what?

Seriously its doing my nut in :)

Hey guys

I need to ask a question, this whole intensive training thing is boggling my brains and I just cant wrap my head around it. What do I change in the training system to make it work? I mean, there are the training regimes on the far left of the screen (Gen, Att Def etc) and when you click on them you can then change the Intensity, I get that. But what do you put your indivudual players on? Do you change them from generla to Att of Def or what?

Seriously its doing my nut in :)

I usually put IT as "General", an easier version of IT as "Technical" and then a Fitness regime (basically just fitness & motivational) as "Fitness". What ever is set up for "General" is what a player set up in"General" is doing...

Does medium training mean they still improve the related attributes or just conservation.

Or is light the one to maintain the attributes?

In example

Intensive: ++

Medium: +

Light: =

None: -

Or is like this?

Intensive: +

Medium: =

Light: -

None: --

There's no set value, it depends on facilities, as well as various player attributes (hidden stats). Medium will almost always lead to long term growth, but maybe by 1 or even less than 1 attribute point a year. Intensive should give 1 a year whilst long term light should be positive growth with decent amount of motivational...

There's also short term multipliers, so not counting growth Intensive will give higher instantaneous stats which will only remain as such whilst on Intensive (drops away gradually)