Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 The 'who should I be?' Discussion Thread

MisterZhifei

As you may have seen on other FM sites, there are often threads like this for general team discussion, and for people to ask for suggestions on who to manage, if they are bored of their current save.

I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread like this, so that people can ask about teams others found interesting to manage, and provide healthy discussion on the perks and drawbacks of managing certain teams.

Before you post, you might want to check out these links for inspiration (feel free to post/PM me if you have any links you think are worth me putting up):

Teams and Leagues guides

Challenges

Careers

Top 10 most exciting clubs for FMH2013

FMH2013 Premier League preview

Basically, if you have any suggestions of any teams you have managed and that you have found fun, please post below! If you find your current save tedious, and you want an exciting new challenge, feel free to reply too, but remember, the more information about what kind of team you want to be, the better! Have fun managing!

I really don't know who to be, no one takes my fancy!

2010 i was Notts County, 2011 Huddersfield, 2012 Crewe... I was going to be Cardiff but meh...

So it seems like you like lower league teams, yes? Why not try Crawley (good finances) or Queen's Park in Scotland (massive stadium) for something different?

2010 i was Notts County, 2011 Huddersfield, 2012 Crewe... I was going to be Cardiff but meh...

So it seems like you like lower league teams, yes? Why not try Crawley (good finances) or Queen's Park in Scotland (massive stadium) for something different?

I may do Crawley you know... will take a while to bump the stadium up though.

Crystal Palace? ;) I know this is biased but from my experience they are fun to manage and they have some great youths.

Was a toss up between them and Cardiff initially, still may go back to them!

I may do Crawley you know... will take a while to bump the stadium up though.

Crystal Palace? ;) I know this is biased but from my experience they are fun to manage and they have some great youths.

Was a toss up between them and Cardiff initially, still may go back to them!

To be fair, Palace isn't a bad shout, had a fun save with them back on FM10, although I know their team has changed.

If you want to go for the fallen giant approach, you could try Sampdoria, Nottingham Forest, Bradford, Pompey, Villareal or Blackburn.

It depends if you want a challenge with a skint team or an easier save with a better-quality and (potential) better-funded team.

Or why not go for Montpellier, who are quite like your Dortmund as they are a fairly unknown team who have broken the French monopoly of the big 4, a bit like Dortmund two years back!

Zhifei, you listed all the fallen giants except the one who fell the most...

Rangers

These guys were the top of Scottish Football and were in the Champions League.

They are now languishing in the 3rd Scot Div and are getting liquidated as they try to win promotion again.

Big Big Big Big fallen giant.

Good post by the way :D

Zhifei, you listed all the fallen giants except the one who fell the most...

Rangers

These guys were the top of Scottish Football and were in the Champions League.

They are now languishing in the 3rd Scot Div and are getting liquidated as they try to win promotion again.

Big Big Big Big fallen giant.

Good post by the way :D

1. My name is actually Paul.

2. Yeah, my bad, they were off the top of my head, still can't believe I forget Rangers though!

3. Thanks mate!

Southampton, got good players like Lallana and Ramirez but you also have to build the squad. The fact as well you may not get Europe the first season means its a long term project.

Spurs. I always love goin them!

Yeah I know, their team is amazing this year as well!

Southampton, got good players like Lallana and Ramirez but you also have to build the squad. The fact as well you may not get Europe the first season means its a long term project.

Again, yeah, they have a great team this year too! Still not sure who to be...

Southampton and/or Cardiff City.

I have to say, Cardiff are interesting this year with their new-look logo and stuff, but still unsure whether I want to be either of them. I may go with someone like Blackpool, in the end...

Go as Southampton had a good save with an all English squad on FMH12, Portsmouth sounds like a good idea but I have an idea for a challenge with them :P

I'm planning on doing a career on here, so I need to hear your opinions! Not just on team, but also the scenario - whether or not a I should do a club which needs saving/club investment (I unlocked Sugar Daddy yesterday :P) in the lower leagues etc.

I'm tempted by a Sugar Daddy Pompey - administrators found guilty of something, get massuve refund to pay off all debt and then some. Any other ideas?

I'm planning on doing a career on here, so I need to hear your opinions! Not just on team, but also the scenario - whether or not a I should do a club which needs saving/club investment (I unlocked Sugar Daddy yesterday :P) in the lower leagues etc.

I'm tempted by a Sugar Daddy Pompey - administrators found guilty of something, get massuve refund to pay off all debt and then some. Any other ideas?

Play as Porto? Replacing the likes of Alvaro Perreira, Guarín and Hulk will be a massve challenge with limited funds!

I like the Porto idea - I may do a test run to see if it's too easy, because on my Dortmund one, Porto had POTY, the runner-up, and the Champions league, and they only bought one striker who barely played. Thanks for the idea, that's high up on the list.

You could try Manchester Utd...

With Vidic and Ferdinand ageing away... who will accompany Phil Jones in the years to come as you fight for Glory???

It's a challenging team to manage and despite the far from small budget, the fact that there is a huge lack of young and strong defenders, as well as lacking anyone with experience other than Vidic and Ferdinand, who both go after a season or two, it's probably time to blow some money on a new central defender :D

I like the Porto idea - I may do a test run to see if it's too easy, because on my Dortmund one, Porto had POTY, the runner-up, and the Champions league, and they only bought one striker who barely played. Thanks for the idea, that's high up on the list.

No problem! Although key players have left, they still have the likes of Otamendi, Moutinho and James Rodriguez.

A good choice, with my Spurs I signed Daniel Sturidge, he was sublime, fits perfectly in the regime, Jack Rodwell is also available for loan, a good snatch if you ask me :)

Cheers, will look into signing them!

If you are managing Sprs, you should never rely on Souleymane Coulibaly because while he's pricey, he always is a bit rubbish. Interestingly I also bought Sturridge for them, but Defoe was still playing and missed out on any potential he had.

If you are managing Sprs, you should never rely on Souleymane Coulibaly because while he's pricey, he always is a bit rubbish. Interestingly I also bought Sturridge for them, but Defoe was still playing and missed out on any potential he had.

I've decided against it, I now have two saves: a Crewe relegation challenge, and a RC Lens save. But thanks for the info anyway!

I can't get into a team lads last year I was newcastle and the year before I was Cardiff but I still like s challenge in the lower leagues as well any suggestions?