Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Key attributes for each player role

Dec

Each player role will have primary attributes and secondary attributes, a primary attribute should be be very high and secondary be high (e.g. 15+ and 10+ for top teams though obviously the more 20s they have in these attributes will be desired.)

[th=200px]Primary Attributes[th=200px]Secondary Attributes[size=4][/size][size=4]
Player role
[b]Goalkeeper[/b]Aerial, Agility, Handling, Reflexes, DecisionsCommunication, Kicking, Throwing, Positioning, Teamwork, Pace
[b]Sweeper[/b]Decisions, Positioning, StaminaHeading, Tackling, Pace
[b]Limited Defender[/b]Heading, Tackling, DecisionsAggression, Positioning, Strength
[b]Central Defender[/b]Heading, Tackling, Decisions, Positioning, StrengthAggression, Teamwork
[b]Ball Playing Defender[/b]Passing, Tackling, DecisionsHeading, Technique, Positioning
[b]Full Back[/b]Dribbling, Tackling, StaminaHeading, Passing, Decisions, Movement, Positioning
[b]Wing Back[/b]Crossing, Dribbling, Tackling, Decisions, StaminaTechnique, Movement, Positioning, Teamwork, Pace
[b]Deep Lying Midfielder[/b]Passing, Decisions, TeamworkTackling, Technique, Creativity, Positioning
[b]Ball Winning Midfielder[/b]Tackling, Aggression, StrengthDribbling, Decisions, Positioning, Teamwork, Stamina
[b]Central Midfielder[/b]Passing, Decisions, TeamworkTechnique, Movement, Positioning
[b]Box To Box Midfielder[/b]Shooting, Tackling, StaminaPassing, Decisions, Movement, Positioning, Teamwork
[b]Advanced Playmaker[/b]Passing, Creativity, Decisions, TeamworkTechnique, Movement
[b]Inside Forward[/b]Dribbling, MovementPassing, Shooting, Technique, Decisions, Teamwork
[b]Defensive Winger[/b]Dribbling, Tackling, Decisions, StaminaCrossing, Movement, Positioning, Teamwork, Pace
[b]Wide Midfielder[/b]Dribbling, Passing, TeamworkTechnique, Movement, Positioning
[b]Winger[/b]Dribbling, CrossingTechnique, Movement, Pace
[b]Defensive Forward[/b]Tackling, Decisions, StaminaShooting, Passing, Movement, Teamwork
[b]Deep Lying Forward[/b]Passing, Movement, TeamworkDribbling, Shooting, Technique
[b]Poacher[/b]Shooting, Decisions, MovementTeamwork, Pace
[b]Advanced Forward[/b]Dribbling, Shooting, Movement, StaminaPassing, Technique, Decisions
[b]Target Man[/b]Heading, Shooting, Aggression, StrengthDecisions, Teamwork
[b]Complete Forward[/b]Shooting, Decisions, MovementDribbling, Heading, Technique, Teamwork, Pace, Strength
[/size][b]Trequartista[/b][size=4]Creativity, Decisions, MovementDribbling, Passing, Technique, Teamwork, Stamina
[/size]

Nice work! I was wondering about a few things about this list:

1. What is the list based on? Is it your best judgement based on experience or is it based on some kind of analysis of actual results, player values or ratings, knowledge of the match engine, etc.?

2. Is there a reason why some attributes show as both primary and secondary (e.g. stamina for Advanced Forward or teamwork for Deep Lying Forward)?

3. What is the reason for this list being in some cases very different to the list of main attributes given in the in-game manual (e.g. compare sweeper: manual says tackling, passing, positioning out of which only tackling is mentioned and only as secondary attribute; same is valid for a few other positions)

Thanks in advance for clarifying. I really appreciate this list, it's very helpful.

1) It is my judgement mixed in with crowdsourcing the FMH community.

2) They are errors.

3) As in my opinion a sweeper's tackling isn't as important as interceptions. Plus for me key attributes are 15+ with 10+ secondary so tackling is important but not as much as others to be successful.

Thanks for your answers; actually if you don't mind I'd like to use your experience a little bit more in clarifying some of the additional doubts I have about attribute requirements for specific positions. I am curious about your opinion on those.

1. Sweeper: wouldn't positioning be the attribute responsible for interceptions (i.e. the player is able to move to at the right place at the right time in defence)? And why do you think sweeper needs to be strong in movement? If i understand correctly movement is player's ability to make himself available for a pass and I don't expect my sweepers to receive a lot of them. Most of the time when they are in possession it's because they intercepted a pass or sometimes made a tackle and not because other players passed the ball to them. But then again I don't play with sweepers all that often.

2. Central Midfielder: what about decisions? It seems important for a player who will be very often be in possession, whose task is actually to find the best passing oportunity to the attackers. What's your take on it?

3. Full back: shouldn't this player be able to catch up in pace with the opposition's winger? If so pace and stamina seem to be important. What do you think? Also why do you think he needs dribbling? It seems to me that in defensive role (contrary to a wing back) he's not going to do many forward runs and try to wrestle with and outsmart opposition's wingers or full backs. Actually same applies to defensive winger and dribbling; it just seems to me that in defensive role they're not going to use it much.

4. Advance Forward: I am not very sure about the exact manner in which the advanced forward is supposed to score goals (compared to other attacker roles like poacher or target man) but I was wondering about the pace - shouldn't that be a trademark of pretty much every attacker?

5. Box to Box Midfielder: from your experience - do they actually get a lot of oppotrunities to shoot? In my games sure they do that sometimes but mostly they are just running around a lot (hence - stamina) picking up balls and pushing them forward; in my opinion they are better off with higher passing skill and maybe decisions because it seems to be something they do a lot more than shooting. What do you think?

Thanks in advance for your opinion on this.

1) That was a mistake, thanks.

2) I agree actually.

3) Full backs still get forward but not as much hence why pace isn't as important though there is an argument both ways. However you look at Ivanovic at full back and he has little pace.

4) He runs into channels to get the ball and score - like Italy's front two at Euro 2012.

5) I have had B2B who have had a lot of goals per season with a good shooting attribute.

Do you know how attributes from FMH compare to full version FM? I mean mosty mental attributes like Concentrtion, Anticipation, Composure, Determination but also ones like First Touch, Marking or Acceleration. Are they merged into other FMH attributes (like for example think it is safe to assume that Finishing and Long Shots are grouped under FMH Shooting attribute) or are they entirely taken out the the match engine? Or maybe now they use the values of other attributes like for example I suspect that Acceleration is using the value for Pace in FMH.

I also take it that the full version FM's Off the Ball is Movement in FMH, however I don't know if Movement includes also other full version attributes or not. Is Flair under Creativity in FMH? Jumping under Heading for outfield but under Aerial for Goalkeepers?

What about Bravery? Closest thing seems to be Aggression but it's not quite the same thing.

And what I think is most important of all: marking. This is to me the single most important attribute for any defender (even more important than Tackling and Positioning) in full version FM but I have no clue which FMH attribute would be responsible for that skill. Tackling? Positioning? A bit of both?

I'd be very interested in your insights into how FMH attributes relate to those of the full version.

Some attributes are merged in but some are also hidden from view such as composure. I couldn't say how they are merged or decided due to it probably being a complex algorithm for each one combining several attributes with different weights.

I have a question. In your how to find the best players guide it says that the AMCs need teamwork, but if that amc is a advaced playmaker (whose key stats doesn't include teamwork). Is it still important for that amc(advanced playmaker) to have teamwork. My amc has 4 teamwork, but his other stats are great, so i'm worried i might have to sell him ._.

I have a question. In your how to find the best players guide it says that the AMCs need teamwork, but if that amc is a advaced playmaker (whose key stats doesn't include teamwork). Is it still important for that amc(advanced playmaker) to have teamwork. My amc has 4 teamwork, but his other stats are great, so i'm worried i might have to sell him ._.

Look at it this way, I'll compare two AMC APMs I've used, one had 10 teamwork, the other 16 or 17. The job of the APM is usually to drop into gaps, receive the ball, pull off a great dribble and then score or assist someone.

The lower the teamwork, the less effective an APM is at getting into position, HOWEVER, lower teamwork also means a higher tendency to shoot, resulting in more goals if your APM is good despite the loss of fluidity.

Ah, ok thanks for your answer! :) one more question, when byuing a player should i focus on getting a player with good stats for his position or a player with good stats for his role?

How sure are we on this? Like, if I created a calculator that would give total attribute scores for each player in each role, would using these and primary and secondary be the correct way to do it?

Go to our download section and it will be in FMH Utilities I believe.

Sorry, I cann't find it. Would you give me a link?

Thanks!