• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe FMHVibe Newsletter -February

anfieldsquirrel

vibe_logo.png

newsletter

february

Hello everyone and welcome to the first ever edition of fmhvibe's monthly newsletter. In this article I will go through various things that have happened on the site such as memorable challenge completions, excellent careers and interview a special member every month. So sit back, relax and enjoy my probably failed attempt at this newsletter!

And a big credit to Merlionmaple96 who wrote the content section!

Career and Challenges Section

There were many various careers and challenges attempted in the month of February. I will go through some of the careers here.

Wilfried Zaha - 2000 goal challenge - Lewiitom[link]

We all have to agree, Tom's 1000/2000 goal journey was absolutely epic! Although he completed the 1000 goal mark in January and the 2000 goal mark in March, I still think it deserves a massive shoutout for February! He updated a few times during the month and he managed to fully assert his position as one of the best careers ever on vibe. Good job mate.

The impossible Challenge attempt - Ashez [link]

In this career, our very own Ashez attempts to complete the never completed "impossible challenge". Starting at his supported teams rivals AFC Telford he embarks on a journey to potential glory. The rules of the challenge state you must start in England's lowest playable league and win EVERY trophy from 4 countries. This is one of the hardest challenges on vibe. But Ash makes it look easy! He only managed to update the first 4 seasons in February, but this shows us his journey to the premier league. We all know that Ashez is one of the best career makers on vibe, so well done mate.

Anfieldsquirrel - The New Messi [link]

I know it's maybe a bit biased putting in my own career, but this was an epic career IMO. This was January's career of the month, and I continued and finished the fantastic journey in February. I decided to choose Valentin Viola to try and match or beat all of Lionel Messi's personal records. I managed to break all of Messi's whilst also breaking the 1000 goal barrier! It was one of the most unique careers on vibe I think, and it was an enjoyable read.

iScout section

The regular competition "iScout Team of the Month" by Ashez was held as usual in February. The team looked like this:

662600_Football_Manager_Team.jpg

Iscouter Of The Month:Ashez - 4

Iscouter Of The Month Leader Board:

Lukaya

Jplummz

Ashez - 2

Anfieldsquirrel

As you can see a strong iScout of the month team. The formation used seems to be a narrow 4-2-2-2. Well done to everyone who managed to get into this team, keep up the good work!

Content SectionThe month of February saw some great content posted here on Vibe. Here's the lowdown on all that was hot and worth the read...

Challenge Cup - AnfieldSquirrel [link]

Challenge Cup was very much alive and kicking in February with the tournament beginning early in the month. The competition was fierce as many of the best Vibers battled it out for the crown of Challenge Cup Champ. However, even as the dust settles now, two still remain. Both Lewiitom and Ollie31415 are poised to compete in the final challenge. You can still catch up on all the action here:

Community 1000 Goal Challenge - Ashez [link]

The Vibe Community came together for an attempt at the 1000 goal challenge last month. Together they had chosen Carlos Fiero as their striker of choice and Tolekri Jashangrafspark as the name for their manager. When after much deliberation, Ajax was picked as the team of choice, things were all set to take off! Tobinho was up first, and he opened up Fiero's account with a very respectable 55 goals out of 43 games. Lewiitom was next up and he improved on Tobinho's opening season tally with an absolutely ridiculous 96 goals from 55 games taking Fierro's total to 151 goals from 98 games. JakeBanno will be the next one up, and you can find all the awesomeness here:

2013 Winter Transfer Update - Aykyle and the rest of Vibe [link]

For those of us who simply could not bear to wait for the SI's official update Aykyle and the rest of Vibe put their manpower to good to use to create a full Winter Transfer Update using Changes.txt. Just for us Vibers. I'm sure that all of us should thank Aykyle and the rest of Vibe for such brilliant work! In case you haven't checked it out yet, here it is

Team Guides

February brought with it a few fantastic team guides from various members of Vibe. Below are links to each as well as a short description:

• Smithy Meets Tottenham Hotspur By Ashez: A hilarious guide to the team from London-
  • Reading FC By AndfieldSquirrel and Jplummz: A solid guide by two of Vibe's more prominent members-
  • FC Barcelona By Keraviln: Superb guide from the only guy who has played a full thirty seasons with Barca

FMH Transfer Analysis - Dec [link]

One of the most interesting aspects of February was Dec's transfer analysis thread. Emulating real life transfers, Dec tested out how well some of the big singings during the January Transfer Window performed within the game. Soon, everyone was involved, either requesting that a certain player be analysed or even testing out some transfers of their own. All in all, Transfer Analysis certainly entertained us all this February. Here's another look for those who may have missed it:

Interviewing a member

Hi Dec, thanks for giving up some of your time for this interview.

First of all, fmhvibe is almost 3 years old. What made you want to start up a site based on football manager handheld?

It is my pleasure.It was the fact I was already on a FMH forum that was very restrictive, it allowed me to to meet a lot of great people such as Ollie, Franco and Jens. I thought with FMH being a niche but with the market and inspiration from FM forums I would give it a go, it didn't start as purely FMH but there was always a major section on it.

What's it like being so involved in the FMH scene? Do you hope to get some sort of career out of it one day?

I love it, it allows me to learn new things and meet new people with different lifestyles.I would as I am very passionate about FM and FMH in particular but it is a well respected company so what happens, happens. I want to go into the game's industry though.

Are you currently managing a team in FMH2013? If so, who?

Sadly not, I haven't got into 2013 yet and I think with the transfer update coming any day now it makes me not want to start anything until that.

You say you've not got in to FMH2013 yet, is there a reason for this?

I don't really know why, I go on it daily for things to do with Vibe but then I haven't played FMH consistently apart from one or two careers since 2008. I guess a big reason would be the fact I don't believe I can top my Aber career last year.

What's your favourite thing about FMH?

Its speed. I am very impatient really and don't like delving into FM as it is too in depth and I ignore a lot of sections, with FMH I am never far from the transfer window in which is the main attraction of the game for me.

Do you have any funny or interesting stories or memories involving FMH?

I don't believe I do actually, not in game at least.

Thanks for your time Dec, really appreciated.

Very nice initiative, a good breakdown of the content around so guys without much time in their hands - like me - can still follow what's happening.

Great work!