Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series Idea: Traits

Dec

Would you like to see traits in FMH2014? These could be displayed on profiles such as saying "Injury Prone", "Long Shot Taker" and "Energetic" that dictate a player's play more and give you an idea on what type of player they are.

I would divide them into 3 categories - Positive, Negative, Style.

What would you put in each one?

I would like to see traits, it would add to a players individualism, or certainly give you a bit more idea about a player. Aggressive, argues with officials, dives into tackles ect.

Even info like this added to the scout report would help.

Yes good idea. Would this be in a download or are you going to suggest to some official person? Because your downloads never work for me.

Sounds like 'Player Preferred moves' on the FM series mixed with a little personality tag. I assume that you are suggesting this as an indicator of a players utility, rather than a changeable tactical quality. Traits would have to make sense. I remember playing FM 2011 and trying to talk my Left back out of 'Likes to take people on', when his dribbling/ balance/ pace etc.. were poor. He got mad and became unsettled. 

There are some traits that could be 'Positive' or 'Negative' depending on the player that possessed them, and the role you wanted them to perform. I think a deeper tactical control (Player instructions) might be necessary to manage the traits effectively.

Reacts well to negative crowds? For example, Luis Suarez. A player with this trait could perform particularly well in derby matches.

I was thinking traits being more inherited like a player cannot be trained to be a long shot taker it just is his natural game.

But couldn't a player be assisted in developing this trait?

I don't think FMH has the depth for that but also traits like injury prone or big game pressure should come naturally, even long shot taker is one that cannot be instructed really.

I was thinking traits being more inherited like a player cannot be trained to be a long shot taker it just is his natural game.

Would work well if you could tell him to try long shots like you can in the full version.

I mean on android I've found using text that it rarely says 'player x scores from 30 yards'. Most of the time its a headed goal.

I think Traits would be a wonderful addition, because it'd make it a bit less stat-based and bland, nowadays you basically just go for the player with highest movement and shooting in a striker and things like that- it'd make it a lot more exciting if there's traits like how often they dive and other traits meaning you can be a Mourinho or Ferguson and need to get the right players into your team to make it work :D

It is a suggestion for FMH2014 or further, I cannot do this as it'd require coding.

Ah few so at least it will work for me. :)

I mean on android I've found using text that it rarely says 'player x scores from 30 yards'. Most of the time its a headed goal.

That happens quite often when they take free kicks, actually.

That happens quite often when they take free kicks, actually.

What, a headed goal?

Also my first choice FK taker rarely takes them which annoys me as when he does he tends to score a fair few.