Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series How did you discover FMH?

Devil

How did you find FMH?

Me I found it at a local game store. I was looking for a cheap game for PSP because I was bored with my others. ( :P).

The story:

So anyway I was in this store and I saw a really cheap game. It was called "Football Manager Handheld 2009"! (Haaaaallelujah, hallelujah haaaalelujah).

I really liked football at the time (and still do of course) and it was only 10 F. (About 6-7 pounds) so I thought: Why not?

So I bought it and we lived happily ever after. The End.

Complication!

Or not, for the first week or two, I had no idea how to play it, what it was about, and what the point was. The only interesting thing I'd seen on the back was a screen with some dots on. So, to solve the problem, I went to see the wizard of gaming. (My bro) (we're off to see the wizard the wizard the wizard we're off to see the wizard.....). He, with his magical powers answered my question with a "How am I supposed to know?"! (He's brilliant isn't he?).

So in the end it took me about 3-4 weeks to get the hang of it. And now to transfer list, offer and demote a whole team. It takes me less than 5mins. :P

Now I have fallen deeply in love with FMH and we now live happily ever after. (No more "Or not!"s).

Or not. (Just joking). :D

I got into it by my mate really. I bought a PSP off one of my mates for like £15 (he never ever used it), then I asked another mate if he had any football games, and he said "yeah, I have football manager" it was FMH2011 and he gave me it for £7. At first I always done the 60m Glitch with Liverpool then Kilmarnock and stuff, eventually I got a hang of the game. I still used the money glitch even in FMH12. But it was when I became a regular poster on vibe that I decided to stop using the glitch, because I thought I'd like to test myself against the best, and see how I compare to them.

So that's the story of Anfieldsquirrel :P.

Yeah I used to use the 60m glitch tons. And there was also the contract glitch. Anyway now I occasionally use it like once I tried to get the best player from each nation and then the 60m glitch HAD to be used.

But yeah like you I prefer to challenge myself then to cheat.

My first FMH was 07. I found in in GAME and one copy had been labeled wrongly. It was £20 and the rest were £35. So I bought it on a whim. I've had every other version since, moved to ios on 11.

My first management (well sort of) game was O'Leary Manager 200 for the GBC. :P I had loads of fun on that as a 6 year old, then I bought LMA Manager 2005 for the Xbox and then after realising how much I missed playing it I bought FMH 2011 on the appstore and never looked back. :)

My first career was particularly good, after getting sacked as Palace manager I spent lots of years in the lower divisions of England, moving clubs every season or two and then I moved to Stockport where I managed to take them to the Prem in 8 or so seasons. :P I have to say that's the most fun save I've ever had on FM.

Now I have bought FMH 2006. 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 on PSP and just 2013 on IOS.

But I'm planning on getting 2007, 2008 and 2010 for PSP to complete my collection.

I had LMA manager on PS2 which i loved but it was so slow paced, then I saw the first FMH PSP game and snapped it up :D

I loved the LMA on PS2 as well ^^

Slow paced indeed, but it loved the depth of it. All in all I loved LMA better than I have ever loved any pc FM.

And then came the glorious FMH(06). I'm so glad I didn't try Championship manager first (which I find tedious and awful)

I've played FM PC for years but each year it gets more complex and in detail, in my opinion adding things not needed. Then got given a iPhone a few months ago and I saw FMH 2013 in App Store, downloaded it and after starting a save thought its a top game. Then I bought FM 2013 on PC played for about an hour and now it's gathering dust.

I prefer FMH over both the PC versions (normal and classic)

I prefer FMH on IOS and PSP by far compared to the PC version. I have FM 2012 on PC and it was a bit too complex and slightly tedious. Although I liked being able to actually see different types of goals during matches.

My friend had fm2012 so I downloaded the demo, but it took too long so I searched fm on Google and came to fmhvibe. I realized there was another, quicker version of fm so I bought the app and joined vibe

Played CM01/02, CM4 when I was younger with my dad and brother and loved doing careers on those when my dad had a night off work, remember a career of me as Real and dad as Barca on 01/02 and loved it. But I digress, had FM05 and then got myself a PSP in mid 2006 and then looking through Argos catalogue for what I wanted Santa to bring me and I stumbled across FMH07, thought ah why not and along with Fifa07 and Need for Speed Carbon it appeared under my tree. Started as Inter, played a couple of seasons to get in the flow and then started as Hellas Verona (which spaked the endless careers up until they got promoted back to Serie B so wasn't in lowest league) and this along with the love of signing Giovanni Torre for free and selling for £28M made me infatuated with it. And then the rest is history.

My first ever football manager game was the "original" Football Manager on the Spectrum..I remember my Dad loading it and we just played it for ages...

Moved onto Kevin Keegans Player Manager on the SNES in my teens before finally Championship Manager 2, I remember playing that straight off an old floppy!

From CM2 I then moved onto CM97/98 and have played each one ever since, until the FM/CM separation where i when the FM route.

Got most of the early FM games but have lately haven't updated...it seems on the desktop version I upgrade the game every couple of years :S .. in fact I've only just got FM13 for the desktop and I've only played a handful of games..

FMH13 was my first handheld version, I saw a friend who had it one his iPad and I was impressed enough to purchase it.

I actually started playing Real Football Manager on my Nokia back then in like 2009 on my first phone. (Zarate and Cattermole were basically beasts back then 0.o) So that was my first taste of a management style football game outside the usual Fifa and Winning Eleven.

Then a friend introduced me to FM11 on the PC and I fell in love with the game. I loved it so much i got bored of the games on my newly (then) acquired Android. I found fmh11 on IOS, so I basically bought an Ipod touch for FM (and Kairosoft games.. those guys are good).

Once I bought it, never looked back. 

I found it in a shop at the price of £7.50 on PSP. I loved playing with Barcelona when I first bought it, but then I found it boring and moved on to challenges and found fmhvibe. Later I soon bought an Ipod and got FMH on there.

Well first I stumbled across it when my uncle got FM08 off a mate since my uncle played for York City and he introduced me to it and I had a good go at it but was useless really and then my love for the game started and when I read an article on SI about FMH13 coming onto iOS I decided to purchase it, but before the iOS version I had FMH2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 all for PSP.

Sorry about the length a lot explaining :P