Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series Regens 2.0

Niall_McGinn

Call me completely insane, but I have been thinking up this new method of creating regens for a long time now. It's sort of halfway between the current system and the newgens everyone demands.

The core idea of regens would remain: When a player retires, a young player with the potential to reach the same ability is generated somewhere in the world.

However, I would propose a set of "template" positions designed to be similar to those of the world's best players, of which a number are regenerated each season, regardless of whether the player has retired or not. The templates would work similarly to offering contracts to your Reserves, only the players are not as weak (though they do mostly have decreased PA's from their counterparts, and are unlikely to reach the same level).

They are not limited to being the same nationality as the player they are based on, but do have similar nationalities. For example, an Italian "Regen 2.0" could be Italian / Swiss / Romanian / Maltese / Sammarinese. This would help to create greater diversity between players' nationalities.

This, in my opinion, would add a layer of unpredictability to looking for regens while still maintaining the concept.

It can be at sometimes! Takes a while to get into a save but once you do your hooked. Taking a break from it now! Driving me around the bend! :P