Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Hosting change

Dec

Hello all, you may experience FMHVibe going down and/or being funny over the next few days. This will be due to a hosting change. If you post any content please back it up as you may need to repost it as nameservers will need to be updated meaning you may be on the old version of the site.

The reason we are changing servers is because over the past few months myself and Unidox Hosting have been working very hard to fix the unexpected downtime issue, this frankly isn't acceptable and has caused me a lot of stress so I have decided to put my hands in my pocket and change so everyone can enjoy the site more without the worry it will go down. If you can spare £2.50 then please donate, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dec

Cheers Ash, means a lot :). Hopefully when it is done it goes quite smoothly and the nameservers update quickly for everyone else we'll have two sites for a bit meaning people may lose their content.

It's through PayPal or credit card to donate isn't it? I'm trying to convince my mum to let me donate atm!

Also, does that mean We won't be able to use the site for a period of time :(

Obviously it's worth it in the long run though :D

I'll miss you AS :(:P

Dec will I put my story update now are will I wait? What do you think is best ?

I'd wait or at least back it up on word and be willing to repost it, but you'll also lose your comments etc. last time we lost stuff I lost a whole career as we lost a few days worth, I had backed it up but due to everyone re reading it the comments were slow to return.

I'll miss you AS :(:P

Dec will I put my story update now are will I wait? What do you think is best ?

I'd wait or at least back it up on word and be willing to repost it, but you'll also lose your comments etc. last time we lost stuff I lost a whole career as we lost a few days worth, I had backed it up but due to everyone re reading it the comments were slow to return.

This is different to then Ash, this is a server change so it will be backed up hopefully to now. I will be turning the forum offline though while this happens just to be safe.

No I never said that. Everything should be transferred across but if you have some recent stuff (today for instance) and post content within the next week and notice that the site has gone quiet in this time then back up everything you posted within the last week and clear your cache.

Is it a full donation to the site (like a Premium Account) or something separate? Please excuse my ignorance :wacko:

We got rid of premium accounts for 2013, now if you want to donate you can donate any amount you like from £2.50 (we have set amounts to make it quicker) to say thank you to us for hosting the site and providing the stuff.

Cheers.

Just an update - I will be paying the invoice tomorrow now so it should happen sometime tomorrow. I want to get a bank statement to make sure everything is correct before I pull £200 out of it.