Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 iScout: How to?

Every once in a while you stumble upon the most amazing player you've ever seen, or after several seasons you realize that that sixteen year old belgian kid with crappy stats actually turned out to be World Player of the Year. Why keep them to yourself? You are a member of the Vibe Community so, chances are, you probably aren't selfish and like to share what you found. So why not make an iScout? The purpose of this guide is to show you how you can share that information with the rest of the community.

You can do an iScout with just text, but be warned, people are lazy and a picture is worth a thousand words. If you type the player stats instead of adding a screenshot of the player, chances are your player won't get much notice. Having a picture with those green attributes catches our attention. AnfieldSquirrel already created a guide on how to upload pictures to a Image Hosting service and how to share them in the forum. Follow this link to see it. Be sure to give him a reputation point if you like his guide. Just click on the green up arrow and that's it.

I'm also assuming that you know how to take a screenshot with your Android/iOS device. If you don't, let me know and I'll add that info to this guide.

So, now that you know how to take a screenshot of your player, how to upload it and how to use it in a post, lets get on with the show.

An iScout could have some basic information:

1. Real life picture of the player (optional)
  2. Screenshot of his in-game stats
  3. Screenshot of his in-game history (optional)
  4. Basic personal info (optional-ish)

Above I say could and not should because it all comes down to personal preference. I like to include all this, others include more info than myself. In the spoilers below are some examples of different ways to do an iScout.

Milton Caraglio, an Argentinian striker, done by myself:

caraglio6-560x347.jpg

Milton Caraglio, 23 years old, Argentinian, starts at Pescara

Cost only €275K on the fourth season!

UEWJ07Ll.png

BVIOfOAl.png

Look at that! 64 goals in a season with a tactic that I don't even use for 1KC's since it has a AMC as Advanced Playmaker stealing many goals. 60 goals in the league. A natural born striker!

As you can see, I post a real life picture of the player, some basic info like his name, age at the start of the 2012/2013 season, nationality and where you can find him. I add the screenshot of his stats and history and a small text talking about the player.

Danny Welbeck, English striker, done by MerlionMaple96:

Player Profile: Danny Welbeck

KFZklSSl.jpg

Date of Birth: 26th November 1990.

Place of Birth: Manchester, England.

Height: 6ft

Nationality: English

Position: Striker - Centre Forward

Foot: Righ

Current Club: Manchester United

Valuation: 14.25 Million

The Numbers

Before IT:

GUYbPnQl.jpg

After IT:

nDPuMPwl.jpg

Strengths:

Pace: 20

Dribbling: 20

Movement: 20

Decisions: 19

Shooting: 19

Heading: 18

Technique: 17

Strength: 17

Passing: 17

Teamwork: 16

Stamina: 16

Weaknesses:

Leadership: 5

Tackling: 9

Positioning: 9

Utilization

Best Roles (Based on Dec's Role Rater):

1. Advanced Forward - 83.13

2. Poacher - 82.98

3. Deep-Lying Forward - 81.46

Best Formations:

1. 4-2-2-2 - As a Poacher/Advanced Forward

2. 4-2-3-1 - As a Poacher

3. 4-3-2-1 - As a Poacher

Performance

Caub0u9l.jpg

UwaC8Gtl.jpg

Tactic Used:4-3-2-1 - Poacher

X71DqjOl.jpg

lQXUnGSl.jpg

Summary:

Goals/Game: 859/562 = 1.53

Assists/Game: 82/562 = 0.15

Average Rating: 8.56

Verdict

MM96's Player Evaluation:

Technical Ability: 9/10

Physical Ability: 8/10

Mental Ability: 8/10

Price: 6/10

"X"-Factor: 8/10

Total Score: 39/50

Verdict: Solid Player

As you can see, MerlionMaple96 adds a lot more information! Like I said, it all comes down to personal preference.

Still, if you can't find a way to take a screenshot on your device or if you have a PSP but you can't get your hands on a digital camera or phone with the capability of taking a picture you can still use the tools provided to you in this forum to embellish your post by the use of colour, bold, italic, different font sizes, etc. See the example below and compare it to the iScout above of Milton Caraglio. Remember: you can always use a real life picture of the player since you're already using the internet to check on Vibe. Google is your friend, use it.

Milton Caraglio, done without screenshots:

caraglio6-560x347.jpg

Milton Caraglio, 23 years old, Argentinian, starts at Pescara

Cost only €275K on the fourth season!

Technical Attributes

Crossing 15

Dribbling 16

Heading 19

Passing 14

Shooting 19

Tackling 12

Technique 16

Mental Attributes

Aggression 14

Creativity 10

Decisions 17

Leadership 5

Movement 18

Positioning 11

Teamwork 14

Physical attributes

Pace 17

Stramina 18

Strength 19

In the 2015/16 season, playing for Torino, Milton Caraglio played 46 games, scoring 64 goals and with 7 assists. He got an average rating of 8.34All that in a season with a tactic that I don't even use for 1KC's since it has a AMC as Advanced Playmaker stealing many goals. 60 goals in the league. A natural born striker!

So has you can see, you can do a good looking guide with text and colours. Colours are very important in this case because we know immediately what his best stats are.

Now that the iScout is covered, let keep our information organized. The rules to create an iScout are simple:

1. The name of the topic must have the name of the player
  2. Only one player per topic

That simple. But how can we find a good wingback or a good striker if we don't know his name? We can open every single topic in the iScout section, which is very monotonous...or we can do another thing.

If you're posting the iScout on a computer, when you create a new topic (or if you're editing one of your iScouts) you are allowed to assign tags to it.

2gGR3Pp.png

By using tags with the players positions and which game version you're playing will allow to quick access to that info in the future. If everyone who does iScouts uses the same tags you can quickly see all the wingbacks or strikers (or whatever) that have been iScouted! Now that's organization don't you agree?

sPkfOIi.png

Above is an example of Adryan, who plays for Flamengo. He's a natural AMC and competent MC. And the iScout was done in FMH13 so you have that info as well in the tags.

w1jvHgu.png

And when browsing through a iScout, if you press one of the tags like those in the above image you'll get all the topics tagged with the same tag you have just clicked.

This will only work if everyone uses the same tags. Some examples below:

• goalkeeper
  • defender
  • wingback
  • full back
  • center back
  • midfielder
  • defensive midfielder
  • winger
  • attacking midfielder
  • striker
  • fmh13
  • fmh12
  • fmh14
  • poacher
  • advanced forward
  • target man
  • advanced playmaker
  • etc...

The rule is...keep it simple. Use the names like they are in the game. Everyone knows them.

Also, this topic is the perfect example of the use of tags. If you scroll down you'll see that there's another topic tagged as a guide called "Bath City - A Guide to Managing the Romans in FMH" by QPR100.

iScout Team of the Month

We have a monthly/bi-monthly award called iScout Team of the Month, hosted by Ashez, where we all vote on who the best iScouted players were for each month or a couple of months. Everyone who posts an iScout can have his player in the Team of the Month if he gets enough votes. This is also a good way to check who the best players are because you can always check each months teams and get an idea of the best players.

To make Ashez' job easier there's something we all can easily do. Each month Ashez will say when the iScout submissions for the team of the month will end (although you're free to submit more, they'll just enter the next month). Before the deadline, if you don't have any more iScouts to post you should compile your own iScouts into a list, like the one in the spoiler, in that exact same format:

Goalkeepers

Samir Ujkani, by Graveluth

Jean-François Gillet, by Graveluth 

Wing/Full Backs

Gaetano Berardi, by Graveluth

Nicola Donazzan, by Graveluth
Antonio Zito, by Graveluth
Danilo D'Ambrosio, by Graveluth
Matteo Rubin, by Graveluth
Sebastian Jung, by Graveluth

Bryan Oviedo, by Graveluth 

Jorge Ribeiro, by Graveluth
Miguel Lopes, by Graveluth

Central Defenders

Angelo Ogbonna, by Graveluth

Guillermo Rodriguez, by Graveluth
Andrea Signorini, by Graveluth
Kamil Glik, by Graveluth
Matteo Darmian, by Graveluth

Giuseppe Bellusci, by Graveluth 

José Fonte, by Graveluth
João Paulo, by Graveluth

Bruno Alves, by Graveluth 

Midfielders

Rodrigo Battaglia, by Graveluth

Jorginho, by Graveluth
Nenad Krsticic, by Graveluth
Vasillis Pliatsikas, by Graveluth
Alessandro Gazzi, by Graveluth
Mirko Eramo, by Graveluth
Matteo Brighi, by Graveluth

Migjen Basha, by Graveluth 
Josué, by Graveluth

João Mário, by Graveluth

Attacking Midfielders

Juan Fernando Quintero, by Graveluth

Juan Pablo Pino, by Graveluth
Mario Santana, by Graveluth
Giannis Fetfatzidis, by Graveluth
Mervan Celik, by Graveluth

Alessio Cerci, by Graveluth

Roberto Pereyra, by Graveluth

Adem Ljajic, by Graveluth 

Ruben Micael, by Graveluth
Cândido Costa, by Graveluth
Wilson Eduardo, by Graveluth
Eliseu, by Graveluth

Strikers

Denni Avdic, by Graveluth

Carmine De Sena, by Graveluth
Jerry Mbakogu, by Graveluth
Rolando Bianchi, by Graveluth
Barreto, by Graveluth
Jonathas, by Graveluth
Tomas Necid, by Graveluth
Mauro Bollino, by Graveluth

So, for the short version:

1. Separate each player according to each of these positions: goalkeeper, wingback/fullback, central defender, midfielder (regardless of being a DM or M), attacking midfielder and striker
  2. Type the name of the player with the link to his iScout
  3. Follow it by ", by <your nickname>"

And that's it! To add the link to the text you just need to right click on the iScout post of the player and select "Copy URL" or, if you already have the topic open, just copy its url from the search bar. Then, to add the link to the player name, highlight the player name then press the link button in the top editing bar, paste the link et voilá, you're done!

hkwfU1w.png

When you have all your links compiled, send that info to Ashez in a personal message or post it in the iScout Team of the Month topic. Now you can feel happy with yourself knowing that Ashez will look at that info and think "Now that's a straight up guy!" :P

Hope you've found this mini-guide useful. Feel free to add your suggestions or constructive criticism.

Its a very useful guide for people who haven't posted IScouts yet. I agree about personal preference because I do it similar to what you have said, just with some bits added and taken off. A very good guide. :)

Nice work mate, it's something i've always wanted to do just never bothered lol, hopefully it gets more members involved.

An option extra but including how to code the links for the ISTOTM would be great, for me anyway :P

Its a very useful guide for people who haven't posted IScouts yet. I agree about personal preference because I do it similar to what you have said, just with some bits added and taken off. A very good guide. :)

Good guide Grave

Amazing guide Grav. Hopefully this will help newcomers get into iScouting! :)

Amazing guide mate, very informative :).

Think this should be pinned.

Great guide should help me as well as new members :)

Nice work mate, it's something i've always wanted to do just never bothered lol, hopefully it gets more members involved.

An option extra but including how to code the links for the ISTOTM would be great, for me anyway :P

Thank you all for your feedback.

PS: Added the info for the Team of the Month.