Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 FMH2014 - Large database option

Marc Vaughan

Hi, This wasn't on the formal press release - but there is a 'large database' option in FMH2014 which adds in an additional 15-20% players when you start a game. This option is only available on newer devices for memory reasons. Hope this helps, Marc

Is a ipad 2 running iOS 7.0.3 classed as newer?

Yes - pretty much all iOS devices run multi-league/larger database so you'll be fine if thats what you're concerned about :D

Any other snippets you could tell us 

;)?

There are a lot of small changes gone in - I don't tend to promote them as 'new features' in the way that FM PC does ... for instance you can select to view wages either weekly or yearly now, that sort of thing, there are tons of AI tweaks and improvements throughout the game engine etc.

Oh and we're working on a 'colour blind' option for the game which is planned to be released in the second update (as a few people have requested that in the past).

Colour blind? Do you mean black and white?

No - it was reported that the colours used on position selectors etc. aren't easily distinguished between for users who are colour blind and this option will just switch to colours which they can percieve more easily.

Colour blind? Do you mean black and white?

No - it was reported that the colours used on position selectors etc. aren't easily distinguished between for users who are colour blind and this option will just switch to colours which they can percieve more easily.

Well now I know for sure I'm not colour blind then :D

Hi,This wasn't on the formal press release - but there is a 'large database' option in FMH2014 which adds in an additional 15-20% players when you start a game.This option is only available on newer devices for memory reasons.Hope this helps,Marc

Is a nexus 7 2012 classed as a newer device? And will it get the ui upgrade?

All devices get the new UI - any Android device with a HD (1280x720 or above) resolution will use the 'tablet' UI with the home page in it.

I'm running An iPod touch 4th gen; Will the large DB hurt its performance?

Obviously games using large database will iterate slightly more slowly (as its processing more information), but in most cases its not a hugely visible difference.

Large database and multi-league require Android 4.x+ and a large enough heap to be able to handle the additional memory this is NOT the same as raw RAM in the device and is partially down to the device used and the mobile provider you utilise (hence its not easy for me to say 'yes or no' clearly with regards to what will work in some cases).

How do we know if we can use the large database? I keep getting an error message when trying to download but also had the same issue with the basic, Not sure if this was just an issue with my internet but managed to download the basic after a few tries.

It also allows me to run multiple leagues using a xperia S.

Just after installing when it gives you an option of either a large or basic database, I think my phone must not be able to handle the large

Sorry I bought it on Google play but I think it is one of two things either my phone has not got the ram capabilities for it or there could be a problem with my phone downloading large files which it had done so in the previously

what sort of problem or error message do you get when downloading the large files as it could be just a network issue or broadband issue regarding some phones.