Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Punch Above Your Weight 4-1-2-1-2

Ozymandias

Introduction

Don't have world class wingers in your team? Then try this simple and solid tactic that overpowers the centre and uses two strikers to bang in some goals. This was developed with Newcastle, then I used it to dominate Serie A with Roma and now I'm testing it with the lowly Yeovil. It's not a magic trick that beats the match engine but something that will make your team play better than they actually should. So far results have been very good with all teams.

Formation and roles

post-21087-0-29894200-1387923887_thumb.j

The basic 4-1-2-1-2 formation and then just tweak the roles a bit. BBM duo is very important so try to make sure you have good all-round players here with good stamina, tackling and passing. Your star will be BWM so get a good guy here and just see what kind of ratings he gets every match.

Team instructions

post-21087-0-97139300-1387925289_thumb.j

This is the basic set up but you have to find the optimal mentality for each team. If the match is not going well then change something. Often changing from balanced to attacking will help. With Yeovil I've had good results in really hard away games with defensive/direct. Try commited tackling if you feel liike it.

Results

post-21087-0-50825000-1387925672_thumb.j

There will be tough periods where you struggle and your goalie gets awful ratings but that is usually just 3 matches in a row. Had the same problem with every tactic and don't know how to counter it. With Roma I also got into Italian cup final but lost 1-2 to Juventus on extra time. Currently my doomed Yeovil team is 4th in Championship and just 3 points from the top!

Disclaimer

Be a good manager;) Get the right kind of players, get sufficient squad depth, rotate players, make sure the best guys are fresh in the big games etc etc. Any feedback is welcomed. Thank you!

Great tactic, after struggeling to find a good tactic with two on top which would work with my squad i ended up with something really similair.

I can really recommend this tactic if you lack good wingers!

This will work best for teams like Man City, Newcastle or Aston Villa who clearly have more strength in centre. Chelsea has excellent wide players so this doesn't suit them so well. Of course you can sell all the wingers and use the cash to get even better players in the centre:)

I'm currently working for revised edition of this tactic which will come with more detailed instructions about how to succeed against different opponents.

Woooow I took a job with a week team in skill south nd couldnt fint a good tactic nd I just put some random positions nd my tactic looks just like this nd I havent lost a game ever since I just beat Liverpool and Manchester city in FA Cup and im barely in skrill premier

http://fmhvibe.co.uk/community/topic/20440-the-premier-division-underdog-method/

Same formation and roles but you will get much better results when you tweak the team instructions according to opposition and weather. This is even more important now after 5.3 update!

There is no tactic that would work optimally in any situation. Tweaking mentality and passing is needed to get the most out of every match.