• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe FMH Vibe Newsletter - January '14

Lee-Roy

vibe_logo.png

newsletter

january2014

Hello members of Vibe! Considering the number of new members we gained on 14's release, a lot of you may not be aware of what this is. Once upon a time there was a monthly newsletter, put together by your staff team. As time wore on things tended to get in the way a little bit, as happens with life. At one point we had 3 months rolled into one newsletter, until it eventually came to a halt back in August. But, with the approval of the rest of the staff team, and everyone else's interest, I'd like to bring this back to a monthly occurrence. So with the introduction out of the way, let us begin....

Career Section 
Given the opportunity to keep this up, I would like to use this section to do a recap on the biggest and hottest careers from the previous month. But with this being the first installment since the release of FMH 14, I'm gonna give you the best picks so far.

When Mitrovic met Squirrel
For the first time in ages we get to see A.Squirrel flying solo. And wether you're following to see what is likely to be the first completed 1kc of '14, or just to see him mess up in France again, it's been a great one so far. While managing to keep a steady pace on the way to his target, he's also kindly kept us entertained with his amusing cup exits and occasional poor league finish. Luckily he's had enough stick from everyone over his PSG career to know there's no malice behind our jibes. If you're not already following, then make sure you follow the link to watch Lochlin Highet of Serbia (??) make FMH14 history with Mitrovic and Lyon.

Welcome to the Costa Del Suarez

One from yours truly now. My first and currently only career on the new game. Wanting to complete MM's double trouble challenge I chose two of the most ruthless forwards from real life to make a deadly force to be reckoned with in my Real Madrid team. After 5 seasons of dominating Spain (and embarrassing ourselves in Europe) we're currently sitting at the half-way mark, with Luis Suarez and Diego Costs starting to reach their twilight years. I've more than likely shot myself in the foot by choosing two strikers who A) were already half way thro their career at the start of the challenge, and B) are different nationalities, therefore making their international goals meaningless. Nevertheless, we've persevered and have made good on our time together. This is definitely one to follow as we're starting to approach squeaky bum time. 

ShevKa: The return of Ashez
The man who made FMH13 his little pet is back and this time he's chosen a challenge that's more unconventional. Adapting AS's "new Messi" challenge, Ash has started a career with the intention of replicating Kaka and Shevchenko's time together at AC Milan. With two players, Yarmolenko and Firmink, and a list of targets Ash has taken the challenge in his stride leaving him with just a few targets left to hit. If you're only going to read one of these careers, make it this one. Then if he fails we can all bully him like he bullies AS.

The unemployed challenge: we meet again by Sunny
Add one of the hardest challenges on Vibe to a beautifully written story, and you have Sunny's unemployed challenge. As well as making a great piece of Literature, Sunny is well on his way from being a poor man claiming JSA, to becoming the worlds most successful and most travelled manager in history. Personally I don't follow this one as soon as it's updated, I'll wait until I have time to sit back and then read it like a story. Be sure to read all of this cos it's going to be one hell of a ride for our manager from Hong Kong.

Content Section 
Again, as a regular thing, this is where I'd like to include the newest and most exciting content produced throughought the previous month. But with this being the first newsletter of '14 I'm gonna give you my top picks.

The worlds greatest league (massive project)
How do you make the superleague look like Accrington Stanley compared to Man Utd? The answer is: by comparing it to Aykyle's "The worlds greatest league (massive project)". 7 leagues, 160 teams, one enormous challenge. If you're going to download anything this year make sure it's this. Credit to Kyle for the time, patience and hard work he out into this for all of us to enjoy.

All of the logos and faces
FMH14 's release unexpectedly came a lot earlier than previous years. But still, with such little notice, Dec managed to make sure we all have the logos and player faces to ensure our playtime is just that little bit better. IMO, the game wouldn't be what it is without the correct logos. So on behalf of everyone on Vibe, thank-you Dec.

Kyle999's skins
There's not a lot I can say about these as I can't really use them. But that is something that really gets to me, cos damn they are beautiful. I can't make my mind up as to wether I prefer the BT or Sky one, but I'd be happy to have either.

Awards Section 
November:
Member of the month: Kyle999

Career of the month: FMHVibe all stars Skrill north and Skrill south by Kyle999

Content of the month: Regen system in FMH14 by Rafa + The Invincibles - Arsenal 03/04 by Jaymarvels

iScout Team of the Month

LjCutZk.png

iScouter of the Month

Dec

Players in iScout Team of the Month
Dec - 5
MerlionMaple - 1
Prize - 1
Devil - 1
Lukaya - 1
UKFS - 1
Shabadoo - 1

December:

Member of the month: aykyle

Career of the month: ShevKa: The return of Ashez by Ashez

Content of the month: The World's Greatest League(Massive Project!) by aykyle

iScout Team Of The Month

dNd7J1G.png

iScouter Of The Month

Graveluth

Players In iScout Team Of The Month

Dec - 5

Graveluth - 5

Devil - 2

MM - 1

Prize - 1

Lukaya - 1

UKFootballScore - 1

Shabadoo - 1

Ashez - 1

Peely - 1

Dirtboy_13 - 1

TheFalse9 - 1

Jakebanno - 1

As (hopefully) everyone is aware, we can now purchase official Vibe merchandise! Take a look at what there is to offer and remember all proceeds go towards the running of the site: http://fmhvibe.spreadshirt.co.uk/
And that's the end of January's edition thanks for reading. Be sure to leave any suggestions for next months and they'll be put to good use.

Have a happy New Year from all the staff at FMHVibe!

Special thanks to Graveluth for making it look pretty :P