Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series Can FMH really improve on the level it's currently at?

SaintPaul

Just now I'm able to load multiple nations and use the extended database, any other features I can think of have been ruled out by moderators at the SI forums, or by Miles himself on Twitter, the reasons being is that detailed training, interviews with the media or half time team talks, and more aspects I won't bore you with would take away from the pick up and play element of the game 

I'm not complaining as I love the game, but just can't see what future releases hold for us other than updated squads and fresh designs for the home and menu options 

One of my favourite aspects of this year's game is being able to loan players out to foreign teams, but really can't think  of any other realistic improvements 

I'm moving this to the FMH handheld series forum.

I do agree with you, I understand the reasons for not putting in certain features. But I don't want the game to go stale as much as the people who make money from it don't want it to.

IMO the realistic additions the 15 will need drastically are:

2 year loan deals

Loan with option to buy

Shared ownership + third party ownership

That's all I can think of right now, but them 3 are vital to the loan deals that will be on 15 to be true to life.

Other things that aren't so important but would fit in with realism:

Home grown quota

FFP

Even more realistic tactics and finances, more different buy/sell clauses, of course expanding players and clubs database, maybe 3D match engine( I wouldn't expect it earlier than in 5 years or something), more private player interaction options, more realistic club and manager reputation changes (not really sure about this, but bringing club down from the conference south/north to league 1 should be rewarded in bigger reputation points amount).

Can't really think now of something more, but I suppose, some of contributors here will bring even more points and answers to your question :)

I think that the game will continue to evolve and innovate as years go by. Some years have shown more visible changes than others. The match engine has yet to be perfected (at least, in my own opinion, and inferred from numerous complaints I've read about this and last year's editions). As handheld devices continue to grow in both processing power and speed, I think we'll see at least something resembling a full 2-D pitch, with more in-depth highlights.

SI will do everything they can to preseve the pick-up-and-play model for FMH, but I don't see them failing to innovate. Clearly, they have no intention of becoming the equivalent of a Madden handheld. Just this past year, we got the MyClub option. Sure, it wasn't all that everyone hoped it would be, but I think they'll continue to add game modes. Possibly more challenges, a larger database. Just because something has been ruled out for this coming year does not mean that SI have forever line-item rejected ever looking into certain additions in future years.

My opinion is that they'll, as they usually do, look to expand on current features before adding new ones. SI walks a fine line between giving us that quick on-the-go playstyle and emulating reality. I think the games have evolved pretty much every year.

Just look at the change between the PSP and iOS/Android editions. How much of a change was the tactical setup? And that was a scant 2 years ago. I don't imagine SI resting on their laurels on this one. I don't see that you're complaining. You love the franchise, clearly, and are concerned. I hope my uneducated opinion can share some of my optimism for future releases.

U-21 teams at least in the international level with the same tactics as the First Team is one thing. Another thing I would love is 3D pitch, and the option to watch all of the match, but that will have to wait for a very long time as another member said above. Having a list of players eligible for European competitions, as in real life. Financial Fair Play would be another nice addition, but Dec I think described how difficult it would be for it to be implemented in the game.

I think what can be done and what should be done is at the international level : realistic day of matches (I mean 2/3 friendly before a tournament, play off in november, not in October...), 30 player in the squad and then 23 for a tournament (or 26 for a friendly or qualifying match). U21 : even if unplayable it would be a great feature to have U21 teams and U20 WC and U21 European Championship, and the last thing would be to increase the number of player to increase the number of playable ,nations, and enable African competitions.

Then, it would be very good to be able to talk to the whole team at the half time.

Maybe a new championship is still possible ;)