Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series What Squad Do You Miss?

Ashez

What Squad Do You Miss?

With every season that passes and with every transfer window that closes the squads in real life and in game change, recently i've been thinking about in game squads that i miss and i decided to share with you my greatest miss within FMH,  and i'd love it if you guys also got involved and shared yours. 

Ashez Greatest Miss:

Celtic FMH 2012:

Celtic_fc_1977.png

I've always loved playing as Celtic but in recent years they've lost thier shine and amazingly this has nothing to do with the loss of Rangers. The squad is a shadow of what it was back on FMH'12 as they've sold off almost the core of that side and they've failed to replace it with the same quality, sure they have enough remaining to dominate Scotland for years to come but they've lost their quality and some of their fun. It's not just about the players that left though as i've found a number of the players still at the club aren't as good as they used to be on earlier versions of the game, so in this article i'm going to be looking at a few players and offering my opinions.

Emilio Izaguirre:

IgLe4ul.png

Long before my love of Alex Sandro there was Emilio Izaguirre who for my money was the best left back on the game, i don't think i had a save where i didn't sign this lad as he was just that good. However the few times i've tried to use him this year i've found he's lost his spark which he seems to have in real life as well, not too long back a number of big clubs were after his signature including Manchester United but now a days you don't hear such rumours, i really miss the days when Izaguirre was the king of assists from his left back position.

Adam Matthews:

8OXuZX5.png

Matthews and Izaguirre went together like bread and butter back in the day and they were the perfect wing backs for almost any club, i never used Matthews as much as Izaguirre outside of Scotland but during various Rangers and Celtic saves Matthews was an outstanding player. Unfortunately it looks like he's failed to live up to the reputation he had in earlier games as i've not found him anywhere near as impressive this year.

Joe Ledley:

h89wyHe.png

The midfield is where i think Celtic have been hit hardest as they've lost three great players and i've not been keen on their replacements, thank god they still have Scott Brown! Anyway Ledley was a world class player in game in the Scottish Premiership and he was always one of my stand out performers with his eye catching displays. I'll be honest and say that i haven't used him since he moved to Crystal Palace but he's currently catching the eye at the London club.

Sung-Yeung Ki:

YKScwxo.png

Ki is a player i've continued to use since his move to the Premier League and he's a player i rate higher than i think i should and i feel a lot of this is due to my FMH experiences with the player. In game he used to be my energetic playmaker and i've continued to use him within this role in 2014 for various clubs within England and he normally does the business, which just makes me miss him even more when i'm playing in the weaker Scottish leagues.

Victor Wanyama:

0Xk8OGW.png

For any of you that have seen my team of the year article you'll see that Wanyama is my favourite defensive midfielder and he has this honor for good reason, he's freaking awesome! No matter what club or league i've used this African powerhouse in he's impressed me and i'd love to be able to see what he would be like at Cetlic as you'd never concede a goal! As much as i miss using him at Celtic i also hate the fact that his Premier League move has made him more expensive to buy with other clubs and i'm sure his price will just go up as he's starting to put together some great performances for Southampton after a tricky start.

Gary Hooper:

ja8UUyY.png

Hooper is a player i never used too much as i like bringing my own striker to the club but whenever i did use him he was a goal machine! It's always a big risk leaving Scotland for the Premiership and since his move to Norwich he's gone from being on the verge of an England call up to being the forgotten man in the Championship! Fortunately Celtic have a few decent attacking options so Hooper isn't missed as much as players like Wanyama and Ledley.

So that's it for the squad i miss the most and now i'd love to hear from you so please get involved.

Thank you for viewing and please remember to leave comment :D

Damn that team used to tear apart the game and could go into Europe with ease too. I miss that so much. Great idea Ash, I expect many to pick Manchester United's team from 2008.

Great idea, where do all these come from??

Never been a big Celtic or Scotland fan in the game. I promised myself I'd play as them this year and never did. Luckily there's gonna be an FMH 15 :P

I think one of my favourites was us from 11 ,I think it was. Stewart Downing on the left, what a killer he was.

@Dec: I think it was one of the greatest teams on the game! Young, quality, massive potential and as you said it dominated with ease, such good times :D.

@Leroy: I generally don't know where I get my ideas lol, I spend too much time around football I guess :P. This idea was on the list I offered to members in the staff room though and no one fancied it ;).

LFC I'd have to lean towards 09 or this years but I'd say 09 as we're pretty average on 2014. I miss the greats like Garcia, Torres, Kuyt, Crouch and so on :)

An Inter-esting one ;), unfortunately I haven't used Inter much as I'd rather play as AC. I also keep telling myself I'll play as Roma but it never happens lol.

I remember FMH2012, Rangers' last season before finanical trouble weren't it?!

They had such a good squad, it was unbelievable how good it was!

Naismith, McGregor, Jelavic and Fleck are some examples, I remember it so well, it was beyond good - one of the best I had played and managed Jelavic scored 40 goals a season for me sold him to Man United improved my team, remember beating Barca at the Nou Camp in the Champions League, reaching the semi-finals against United with the squad the PSP version was, and if not still is one of the best FM versions around.

Jelavic was unhappy, unsettled and god knows what else at United, re-signed him for about half the money and he came back scoring for fun again!

Oh my god, this save was amazing.

EDIT: When I get home I am finding the bloody game and going onto this save!

Middlesbrough in FMH08 on PSP were great for attacking players with Downing and Johnson, but the team I miss the most is Dortmund on FMH12 when they had Lewandowski, Reus and Gotze but the trio has been ripped apart :(  

@Corey: Great times mate, did you still have the save in the end?

@Nath: Yeah Dortmund aren't the team they were, at least they have some quality remaining though :).

It's taken two seasons but is now pretty much complete, the Ajax of 2013 was pretty awesome and is all gone now, loads of young wonder kids to use and dominate holland with and then take on to greater things.

ErIksen, Blind, Aberweild, Fischer, de Jong!

This goes off topic a bit, but I always find myself buying players who I end up loving, and within a few years they end up moving to certain clubs and I regret loving them. Evra, Valencia, Blind, Zaha, Oscar, Hazard, Eriksen, and I swear it even goes as far back as Carrick, Kompany etc. There's so many thinking back on how many years I've played FMH and champ man.

I'd have to say that the squad I missed the most would be Dortmund from 2012 (as Nath has previous mentioned).

Also high on that list would have to be Barcelona from 2012 (or 2013, not 100% sure).

Essentially every player on that squad was a world-beater and while that wasn't true in real life it was just pure joy to pick a team, make one or two purchases and then tear apart everything the game threw at you.

Of course, I have to say, in 2015 the Messi-Suarez-Neymar trio as well as Rakitic and Mathieu are making me forget the woes of playing as Barcelona in FMH14.

I've actually recently started a save with Barca to test out a few things and they've turned out to be a terrible choice for my formation.

World class strikers - 2 if you include Messi (I didn't include Messi) so I had to buy another to fit my tactic.

AMC - I used messi at AMC. Pretty p'd he's not a natural anymore, Ramitic for rotation and Rafinah for backup. Not too bad.

In center mid I have a CM and a BWM. Song and Busquets aren't natural CM's but ok I'll put that to the side and say I have my BWM and a backup. Literally nobody for the CM role who can fill that role straight away so I had to bring in 2 players ready to play. Didn't come cheap cod everyone wants to rip off Barca. 50mil for Strootman just cos City pretended to want him! Speaking of CM's, I sold Xavi and Inestia seeing as I didn't need an APM from CM and I have 3 players capable of doing the job from AMC. Got good money for Inestia tho.

Wingers - my tactic I'm trying doesn't use wingers so goodbye all of Barca's brilliant wingers and that included Neymar.

Center halves - Mascherano isn't a natural CB anymore. I have 3 at the back and like to have 6 just in case cos, you know. So I had to buy a couple of CB's!

Wingbacks - Wasnt happy with the age and condition of Barca's WB's do I stripped it down to just Montoya and Alba and had to bring in a couple of my own.

So yeah, I've gone massively off topic here but after the nightmare first window I've just had I saw how happy Kera is with Barca's squad and I had to rage :lol: to be fair I do realise I went a bit overboard in having depth plus my tactic is a bit awkward, but for me personally, Barca was a nightmare squad to sort out.