Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Around the World in 800 BatiGoals

BatiGoal

Hi,

Having almost completed my Torino save I'm already thinking about my next move. This one was created by Lee-Roy.

http://fmhvibe.co.uk/community/topic/23280-around-the-world-in-800-goals/

(link to - Around the World in 800 Goals Challenge -)

Thanks for the great idea Lee-Roy, I'm going to do my best not to disappoint.

How to play

While setting up your game you need to load 4 leagues (sorry to those who can't!). The first needs to be either Brazil or Australia. The second can be a choice between Belgium, Portugal, Holland or any of the UK teams (excluding England). Third and Fourth have to be from the top nations - England, Germany, Italy, France or Spain. Fear not about loading Brazil, you can still set the start date to that of one of your European teams.

When you pick the team to start your challenge, it needs to be a top flight team. It doesn't matter which nation you start in, but the team must be top flight.

Next comes the player. It can be any player you feel like using, but take note, upon completion of this challenge you can still go for the 1k gold which we all covet. That in mind, I see youth being a popular choice for this.

So your game's set up, your at your first club, and you've chosen a player. Next, you need to score 200 goals. League, cup and continental goals count. International don't, so don't let that sway your judgement when choosing the player.

Once you've conquered your first nation by scoring 200 goals, it's time to move countries and take your star forward with you. The idea is to rinse and repeat until you've scored 200 goals in each of your 4 chosen nations. Obviously, it's not always possible to move and that isn't important. If you can't find a job where you can afford your striker then carry on doing what you're doing. But you can't add to the 200 until you change countries. This also means that you will have to be clever about where you start your journey. You can't expect to begin at Barca and after 3 years take the likely WPOTY to Portugal or Brazil etc. This challenge will take skill and tact as well as perseverance.

So I've had a good long thought about it and it's all planned out in my mind. I know the nations and I know the perfect player.

Around the World in..

800Goals.jpg

..800 Goals

Road to Glory:

1st nation: Brazil

2nd nation: Holland

3rd nation: Spain

4th nation: England

So I'm starting off in Brazil hoping to build my player's skills, experience and get a quick 200 goals before conquering Europe.

Player:

WhoDat.jpg

To be continued..

Cheers!

Can't wait for this bati,loved your Torino career :)

Just haven't had the time to post the final season of my Torino career with the holidays etc. Personally it will be hard to top that cause I enjoyed it tremendously.

lets see how this goes.Good luck with it

Thanks. The longer I wait the more I doubt about my player tho..having 2 alternatives who also seem perfect for this challenge.

Main thing I need to take into consideration is his price tag after his Brazil adventure as I need to make sure a Dutch club can afford him. Shouldn't have such worries in either Spain or England.

Cheers!

I almost started this the other day, i'm glad i had another idea now lol, good luck :)

I was planning to go for the 90goals/90min. challenge but as someone's doing that already I switched the two.

Will probably do that once this one's completed.

Update..

Slight change in plans as far as perfect player goes.

Plan A was an Italian youngster but due to the fact that squad sizes are reduced when setting up 4 leagues I couldn't find the boy - anyone having a go at this challenge should keep that in mind - so I opted for plan B a homegrown boy at the Brazilian team I'm starting at.

Kick-off tomorrow..

Cheers!

Time to set up the challenge.

ManagerProf.jpg

4 active nations.

Starting off in Brazil and then moving on to Holland, Spain and finally England scoring 200 goals in each top competiton before moving on to the next.

Next I need to choose a club and most importantly a player who's going to score 200 goals in each country for a total of 800 goals.

Once he manages that the challenge is completed and my work done. However, if he's still got time left in his career I may continue and bring his goal tally to 1000 for the 1KC challenge. Let's hope for the best and see how he handles the expectations.

I've made my decision.

Club:

Corinthians

Player:

Malcom Filipe Silva De Oliveira

(26 Feb. 1997)

'Malcom'

Malcomprofile.jpg

Profile:

MProfile.jpg

Coach Report:

ability1.jpg

Player History:

PlayerHistory.jpg

No games, no goals, makes it easy to keep count. His skills aren't impressive yet but at 17 he's got years to grow. I've got faith in him.

After examining the squad I demoted about 10 players, bought no one as I think these current 18 players are good enough to start with. I may bring in extra manpower at a later stage. I'll need to see how the current group performs in my formation.

The Christmas Tree:

XmasFormation.jpg

Malcom leading the attack. At 17 I'm not expecting goals every game but I want to see how he develops his skills. This season I'll be happy with 40-ish goals but next season I'm expecting 1 goal / game ratio.

Road to Glory:

Chapter 1: Malcom in Brasil (..in progress)

Chapter 2: Malcom in Holland

Chapter 3: Malcom in Spain

Chapter 4: Malcom in England

Chapter 1

- Malcom in Brasil -

He's 6 games in leading Corinthians to 5 wins and 1 draw. Scoring 8 goals in the process. Wonderful start, buddy.

CorGOA.jpg

Good first game.

RBBCor.jpg

Nice hat-trick. Didn't take long.

CorPalm.jpg

Beating #1 team with a brace.

Let's hope he can stay injury free for a long time. If so he'll do great this challenge.

As for his rating..looking at his coach report he doubled his current ability in just a month. Not sure if it says more about his abilities or the coach.

ability2.jpg

So a very good start for a promising young boy.

He's in pretty good form after 6 games.

6games8goals.jpg

Progress:

800goals1.jpg

Wish me luck!

Cheers!

Thanks everyone for the goodluck wishes.

Malcolm needs it as he's struggling at the moment with his fitness playing many games in succession. Not ready yet for full 90min every game so I need to be selective and make sure I won't get him injured.

1/100th? pfff thanks..sounds like a loooong road ahead. :-)

Cheers!

A brave choice of striker, using a known wonderkid is risky as his value and demands will sky rocket. Personally i'd have gone for more of a hidden gem but good luck and a nice start.

@ Ashez, I hope you're wrong. But it's a risk indeed as I mentioned in an earlier post trickiest part might be (will be) getting him to play in Holland as Dutch teams will have trouble affording him if his price skyrockets. Spain and England should be OK.

I do have a plan C tho if this challenge fails, a perfect hidden gem, let's hope it won't come to that.

@ Agent, thanks, if things go really well I'll be gone after 3 seasons..unlikely tho..probably 4.

Brilliant! This is my second most favourite challenge I've posted and I was disappointed it fell flat. Good luck!

I know that feeling, anything I think will do well never does, I was so proud of some only for them to be ignored and never tried or commented on lol.

@Lee-Roy, there are some great challenges there just takes a bit of time to finish some of them like this one. But this one was very high on my list from the start. As was Torino and 90goals/90min.

@Ashez, I'm starting to worry more and more about his price tag. His contract was expiring within a year so I extended it straight away before he feels he's the man and demands crazy numbers. I think a Dutch team will just be able to meet his wage demands for his next (in 4 years from now) contract extension.

Let's see how Malcom is doing in Brasil..

He's 23 games in now and doing a little better than I expected. I must add tho that about 7-8 goals have come from penalties so I do hope he gets more goals in the game cause he's been fortunate so far.

These are his 3 best games since the last update..

MalcvsSB.jpg

Lovely hat-trick. Another penalty.

MalcvsXV.jpg

Good game here. Early sent-off gave Pato the 'hairdryer' treatment, but we did fantastically with 10 men. Again a penalty.

MalcvsMM.jpg

3rd hat-trick of his young career. Superb! But yet again a penalty.

Goal is a goal of course but hopefully he won't need to rely on those to bring his tally up where it needs to be.

goalrecord.jpg

As you see I need to sub him every game as he hasn't got the needed physical strength to endure 90min. He starts every game at 85-ish % that's not something I like to see. He just turned 18 once he got a season of experience under his belt he should be strong enough for season 2.

23g26g.jpg

Scoring a goal per game. I expected to see those numbers next season. So this is great news.

ProfileMalc.jpg

He's developing nicely. Rollercoaster ratings a great game followed by an average game. But he hardly starts a game at 100% so these numbers aren't very surprising.

Road to 800 goals:

Progress:

qwws.jpg

Cheers!

Wow Amazing development! Excited for the next update...

Thanks, but you might be surprised next update. As good as he started he's having a real hard time finding the net now. Team's not performing great all of a sudden. New formation, new player roles.. 2 goals in 10 games since last update. Pff. tough 1st season.

Never heard of your striker but decent start :)

Actually saw his name pop up in the transfer rumours the other day. Allegedly Chelsea, Man U and City are interested in getting his signature.

Nice start pal,I have came across Malcolm a few times but never braved to use him,nice start tho,I do love a career in Brazil it rains goals

Thanks. I'll throw in the update on season 1 first thing tomorrow with the morning coffee but I can tell you it's a disappointing end of the season. I hope it's his inexperience or young age that caused his major dip in form but I couldn't squeeze the goals out of him.

I need to rethink my strategy and go for a different approach in year 2.

The goals dry up big time after the sao Paolo state! Plus just a thought in your OP it says 'Top Division' and Sao Paolo State isn't Top Division? Or I suppose its the only division of its kind as in there's no promotion etc…

The goals dry up big time after the sao Paolo state! Plus just a thought in your OP it says 'Top Division' and Sao Paolo State isn't Top Division? Or I suppose its the only division of its kind as in there's no promotion etc…

You can be relegated to Sao Paolo Second I believe (not playable in the game). Also since Sao Paolo State isn't the actual "league" and Corinthians play in the First Division I think it's more than safe to say they're top division :)

"The goals dry up big time after the state" I disagree with this Jack as it is still very possible to score 30-50 goals in the first division

Malcom's debut season has come to a close.

A really awkward season full of very 'highs' and very 'lows'.

Mid-season things started to go downhill very fast which was evident in a huge home loss to Santos.

HumiliaMalc.jpg

The home crowd wasn't pleased I can tell you that.

He still managed to get a few goals in but the results were starting to plummet.

MalcoBraco.jpg

Injury during training. How unfortunate.

Malcauw.jpg

Just 3 weeks I thought. But he struggled with his form big time after returning to the squad.

He did get another two goals upon returning but this was his last good game before his major dip which would last about 4 months.

FigueMalc.jpg

The next 4-5 games he managed 1 goal and scored very average ratings. And of course more badluck.

ohpleaseno.jpg

Ah man just as I was about to take him off. That pissed me off. Another injury for C's sakes.

1mout.jpg

At this point I want to just end this season and begin the next.

Team is also struggling so I needed to focus more on the team performances and make sure when Malcom returns to the pitch he can find his form back in good organized team.

His major dip in numbers.

injuryrecord.jpg

And it worked. He had a great game after coming back from injury. The team lost however by a late late goal in injury time which is always hard to swallow, not to mention another unnecessary sending off as well as Malcom's striking partner limping off with an injury. But he did good and finally found the back of the net again after his months-long goal drought.

gametoforget.jpg

Penalty number 10? 11? lost count. The spot kicks saved his season tho.

He ended his season the way he started it, on a high.

goodend.jpg

Loved that late goal. He's rewarding his returning form with goals. Excellent.

And 1 last goal in the last game of the season to end on a positive note.

lastgame.jpg

That makes for goal #43.

End of season.

Profile:

profileendseas.jpg

Hampered by his injuries and lack of form mid-season he's showing slower development than I initially expected.

I remember saying I'd be happy with 40 goals in his first season. So..I am. But I'm very disappointed how the second part of the season progressed. I wanted to see steady growth. I got the perfect start, a horrible mid-season and a decent end. Next year things will need to improve.

63 games - 43 goals

63g43g.jpg

As I said things will need to improve. The 10 or so players I demoted start of season have been released as I only managed to sell one and they didn't cost much to release being near end of contract they were also some of the high earners. So wage budget looking lighter I'm able to free up some cash for 2-3 new players. I definitely need to strengthen the team in certain positions as I'm sure Malcom will shine with better players around him.

So it'll be a busy hunt in the transfer market before I start season 2.

Road to 800 goals:

- 1st season: 43 goals (Corinthians)

- 2nd season: ..... goals (Corinthians)

Progress:

hhh.jpg

Cheers!

Having won the Copa Libertadores I totally missed the fact that Malcom had 2 games left in season 1. The Club World Championship.

I'm solely focusing on Malcom's progression and his goals for this challenge and of course his eventual trip to Europe hence I didn't feel the need to mention the Libertadores Cup victory as it didn't play a significant part in his development/career, in case you were wondering.

So there were 2 more games left to increase his goal tally of 43 for his debut season. And he delivered.

mand1.jpg

#44. Thank you.

mand2.jpg

So that's 45 then. Still not a spectacular number but in spite of what he's been through it's pretty solid and I'm glad he's showing his form again. With a couple new players, and a year further down his career he's bound to bounce up from here. I'm excited for the new campaign.

63 games - 43 goals

65 games - 45 goals

65g45g.jpg

Road to 800 goals:

- 1st season: 45 goals (Corinthians)

- 2nd season: ..... goals (Corinthians)

Progress:

rrr.jpg

Cheers!