Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 O Captain! My Captain!

Archie Graveluth

zcdFlzf.jpg

Since day 1 I've created my first career save in FMH15 and, of course, I had to play Portugal only and choose FC Porto as my team. For those who don't know me and fail to read what it says next to my avatar, I'm portuguese and that's the team I support :P

After my first test I started several new saves since I wanted to find the perfect challenge to post, the perfect player to get 1000 goals, the perfect player to top the assist leaderboard, etc. I tried Holland, I tried Spain, I tried finding a good player to start from the Vanarama North playing with Leamington (found Henen, a belgian kid from Olympiakos but although the team accepted my offer, the kid didn't). Anyway, those careers didn't last long because I kept going back to my original save. Let me add that if I had invested all this time playing that career I would have more than 10 seasons done (I only played three).

There are several reasons why I wanted to go back to them. Being my club is the obvious one. But the main reason was Ruben Neves. I can officially say that he's  my favourite player this season. His mental and physical attributes are great, his technical attributes as well, but what most pleases me is his leadership. A true captain. My captain.

The goal of this career is to follow Ruben Neves on his quest to become Porto's greatest captain, a player that will go down in the books as Porto's best, leading his team to glory. Eventually, if I get the chance to get the national job, I want to do the same with Portugal.

Join me in this journey and lets see where Ruben Neves can take Porto. He starts with 17 years of age so I can count on at least two decades of his dedication to the club.

I'll be following this as I have Ruben in my Bayern save. I bought him in Jan of season 2 as an eventual replacement for Alonso. And with his high leadership already he's primed to take over as captain once he ages.

So yeah, looking forward to this.

Finally!

Rubens was one of my first signings of 2015, after you spent months talking about him I had to test him out! He's been my right back for years, he had no chance of kicking Wanyama out of my midfield and he struggled as an APM or BBM.

I'll be following this as I have Ruben in my Bayern save. I bought him in Jan of season 2 as an eventual replacement for Alonso. And with his high leadership already he's primed to take over as captain once he ages.

So yeah, looking forward to this.

Glad you'll be following. I'm sure he'll replace Alonso perfectly.

Finally!

Rubens was one of my first signings of 2015, after you spent months talking about him I had to test him out! He's been my right back for years, he had no chance of kicking Wanyama out of my midfield and he struggled as an APM or BBM.

You've witnessed all my career tribulations...lets see how this goes. Whonayama?

Good luck :D

Really looking forward to follow this career !

Any plans on doing the assist challenge with him ?

Not really, since I play him as a DLM at the DMC position. Glad you're following.

Not too many people managing a national team on here so yeah I'd be very interested in seeing how you and your captain Neves buddy lead Portugal to the international success they should've had long ago already.

Goodluck!

Not too many people managing a national team on here so yeah I'd be very interested in seeing how you and your captain Neves buddy lead Portugal to the international success they should've had long ago already.

Goodluck!

I don't have the Portuguese job yet. It became available during the career but I didn't get it.

Also Portuguese (supporting Boavista, the other big clube of Porto city), and i Love this player too. I bought him in my current Liverpool save and slowly he is getting his space. I normally use him as bwm in a 343 tactic.

zcdFlzf.jpg

28th June of 2014. This was the day when it all began. First things first, lets see how the team stands in day one. According to my assistant manager I needed to improve squad depth but he was unable to identify any suitable targets at the time. I found that odd, since I had a large team with many, many options, even without taking into consideration the B team. The top three players according to him were:

Strongest Defender: Danilo

Mxmw1fDl.jpg

Here I disagree. Yes, Danilo is amazing and one of my favourite right backs in the game. But I consider Alex Sandro to be a bit better.

Strongest Midfielder: Héctor Herrera

XVFu1lDl.jpg

Disagree, again! Herrera is good and hard working. But I find Quintero to be more important to the team than him.

Strongest Forward: Otávio

vtNIUmVl.jpg

Here I definately disagree. I consider Otávio a midfielder, and that's where he'll play. I prefer Jackson Martínez as my strongest forward.

You know nothing, Assistant Manager! Anyway, the board expected the club to mount a serious challenge for the league title, and so did I. They gave ma transfer fund of €9.25M. The wage budget was €2.521.122 per month, and the wage total was a bit less, €2.285.878 so I could adjust budgets a bit. I also took the time to take a look around the stadium and our facilities, which were excellent, and the stadium sported a 50948 seating capacity.

Then I got to meet the team. Way, way too many players. Something needed to be done. Below, in the spoilers, are all my players since day 1.

2SeFRmDl.png

diZ14NPl.png

ryFJ3zUl.png

WypIRz2l.png

A lot needed to be done. Several players on loan at FCP which were amazingly good, but I had others just as good so why would I play someone who would be gone by the end of the season? Even when I tried to buy them they had high wage demands that i couldn't meet...

Apparently the team was expecting to play in an attacking 4-4-2, but that would be good for me. I'm a 4-1-2-2-1 manager!

So, I had to shorten the team so dove in the transfer market. Below you can see the transfers that took place (not seen here, I ended the loans of Leonardo Acevedo, Elvis, Roniel, Diego Carlos, Malthe Johansen, José Campaña, Oliver, Casemiro and Tello).

J5OKhqll.png

2FBURpDl.png

8tiok2Gl.png

I had a lot of quality center backs so I didn't need Rolando since he was the oldest and I could still make some profit out of him. With my main three strikers being Jackson Martinez, Vincent Aboubakar and Adrián, I didn't need Licá, Kleber, Walter or Ghilas. Ending Tello's loan and since Quaresma doesn't like IT I needed two right wingers so I got Carbonero and Pione Sisto. Bernard was someone that I wanted to try so I didn't mind paying a bit more for him. If you want me to get into any other transfer, let me know.

1ok0QW5l.jpg

This meant a profit of €14.23M and we were set for the season!

Portuguese Supercup

J9L2YMal.jpg

Benfica was obliterated! Martinez gave us a show!

Portuguese League Cup

a2zZFCil.jpg

Meh...I'm finding Sporting is a lot stronger this year, better than Benfica.

Portuguese Cup

No image! But I didn't win :(

Portuguese League

DQT9esnl.png

Champions League

5CwD6zAl.jpg

Other Info

9Y7OHfNl.png

OoGTmAIl.png

BaW723Bl.png

dVRXGCxl.png

SyJ9Rqrl.png

fOUJGLul.jpg

c5ygh0ol.png

IJUv7OSl.png

The B Squad

b0AO5Aol.png

4UOKgSyl.png

gfUeBTTl.png

TeqJiZLl.png

Around the World

FhCI5Tbl.png

27w4PIal.png

WlRqx6Al.png

2QlZZXIl.png

VEognRnl.jpg

Manchester City got Carlos Vela. From my experience he always ends up in England. You must like Mexicans :P Atlético must have found oil in Azerbaijan...

So, how did our captain do? You must all be wondering that. After all, this is all about him, right? Check below how great he did!

e772x3Yl.png

Oh well, see you next season!

2 things, your ass man is an idiot, and is it a ad omen that your captain didn't get to lift any trophies in the first update?

Great update anyway

A great first season, I agree with Lee that you should sack your Assman while I agree with you that Sporting are a lot stronger this year.

Gutted about the injury though, a real shame to the start of the career.

Ouch, that injury shocker does justify the thread title now tho.

Major misfortune, sad to see that.

Love your update, things are starting to roll, KIU for next season.

Hey, as long as he played a minute in any competition we won, he adds the title to his trophy cabinet :P

He just raised the cup in a suit while others were in shorts :P

You say in a suit, I bet it was more like a similar situation to this one:

LXAeGhy.png