Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Ashez Picks His Asian XI

Ashez

Ashez Picks His Asian XI

The Asian Cup has started and the African Cup Of Nations is soon to follow so i decided to jump on these two tournaments and bring you as much content as i can manage, in today's release we'll be looking at my Asian XI which i found in game. Unfortunately my knowledge of Asian football and players isn't the best but i do use them often in game and i had some help from Dirtboy so thanks for that mate, so without wasting anymore time let's take a look at the team.

All images taken from a day one save

Formation- 4-1-2-1-2

Goalkeeper

Mathew Ryan

2NDBxG7.png

Ryan made my list due to his age and because of the reputation he has on the site, at first glance he doesn't look that appealing with a wall of blue stats, but if you take a closer look you'll soon discover that those blues are almost green before using intensive training so he can only get better! At the age of 22 he's already experienced having played ten times for his county and he'll be a name to keep an eye on for years to come! 

The Defenders

Yuto Nagatomo

TYZpOCY.png

As attacking wing backs go Nagatomo is an interesting player as he has well balanced stats for his role including that wonderful 18 crossing attribute, another bonus to using this Japanese international is the fact he can play in six positions which brings plenty of options to your side. His crossing stat is the one that catches the eye but he's also rather solid whilst defending as his positioning, pace and tackling are all workable and he has the stamina to run up and down the wing for ninety minutes, a rare attribute in todays game.

Hiroki Sakai

7fXbGmS.png

For the right side of defense i've gone for another attacking wing back, on my first notes Gotoka Sakai had this spot but when collecting the needed images Hiroki caught my attention. I went for Hiroki in the end as his defensive stats are generally better with Gotoka boasting a nine stat in positioning which bothered me, moving onto Hiroki though his stats are rather interesting as again he can cross the ball well which is ideal for our narrow formation and he has excellent pace and stamina. His defensive stats are average on day one of a save but with intensive training i could see them all making a jump up thus making Sakai a wonderful player to have around. 

Maya Yoshida

bUWyGOt.png

Yoshida is an interesting player as you wouldn't expect him to do as well as he does, he's a name that's not mentioned much but he's part of one of the best defenses within world football and he goes about his job in a quiet and effective manor. Stat wise he starts off looking like he has potential which is somewhat worrying with his current age but with intensive training i'm sure his heading, positioning and physical stats will blossom to make him a real contender within your back line. His no nonsense defending style would also suit our system as he has good teamwork which will allow our wing backs to bomb forward as expected with Yoshida covering and not making any mistakes due to over playing.

Rhys Williams

Vzvg9kn.png

If Yoshida is our more hoof the ball type of defender then Rhys Williams brings the style and composure to our back line, plus the ability to play in multiple central positions! Stat wise Williams looks a lot more comfortable on the ball compared to his partner and after some training i can see him turning into a formidable ball playing defender, on day one of a save he starts off with 12 passing, 15 tackling,  13 heading and positioning which you can expect to increase for sure! 

The Midfield

Mile Jedinak

OiGkY0P.png

As defensive midfielders go Jedinak is a fine example as he has some fantastic attributes like his 18 in tackling and positioning! He maybe lacking in pace but he makes up for this with the above mentioned stats which ensure he's in the right place at the right time so he get a well judged tackle connected, his leadership and teamwork skills are also something to take into account as he would be the captain of our Asian team. 

Sung - Yeung Ki

2GlzLAY.png

Ki is a one of my favourite players within the Premier League as he's creative yet hard working which makes him an asset to any team. In game i've found him equally as useful as he has a fantastic passing stat which is near the maximum while he's rather well balanced. With some intensive training he's defensive attributes would improve as would his attacking ones like creativity and dribbling!

Keisuke Honda

dn2klTq.png

If i complied a list of my all time favourite midfielders within FMH Honda would be near the top, so much so that the main reason i wanted Russia playable was to unleash this midfield genius while he was at CSK. Stat wise he still has all the reasons why i used to love him like his fantastic passing, movement and dribbling attributes which will only improve as will his shooting and creativity. Since his move to Milan i've used him a lot less due to him now being a lot more expensive but Honda was the first name i put down on the team sheet, a fantastic attacking midfielder with brilliant team work and technique, oh how i miss the days when he was basically a wonder kid!

The Attacking Midfielder

Shinji Kagawa

Yh14FsT.png

Within the midfield trio we have a mixture of creativity, defensiveness and good old fashioned elbow grease but as we move further forward i've included a purely attacking monster! His move to Manchester United might not have worked out and thing's aren't really going swimmingly on his return to Dortmund but there is no doubt of the quality this international has. His creative stats are amazing as he has incredibly high movement, passing, technique, decisions and creativity but his more attacking skills are equally impressive such as his 15 shooting and 17 dribbling. His physical stats leave a little to be desired but i'm sure the'll improve with some intensive training, our team now has a  play maker!

The Strikers

Shinji Okazaki

BCmqGfe.png

Strikers will always be judged on goals and this lads international record speaks for it's self as it's incredibly impressive. It's easy to see how he got these goals though as he's a very hard working striker with killer finishing abilities, with that 19 shooting if the ball comes to him it'll end up in the back of the net for sure! On top of this though he as has the ability to create chances for himself thanks to his decent dribbling ability and movement, again his space and strength could be better for his role within the team but i feel he'll get the business done!

Heung - Min Son

spkXZLU.png

In recent years Son has turned more into a winger than an out and out striker but don't let this fool you as in game he's a top draw striker and for this reason he was the second name on my team sheet after Honda. Stat wise he has everything he needs to get the team goals as he can run at pace, find space, whip in a cross and finishes chances himself. The fact he was a natural striker and now more of a winger will also mean he'll keep the killer instinct he used to have while also being able to drift out wide to support his partner and other players, i'm sure Son would quickly become one of the stars of the team.

So that's it for my Asian XI to celebrate the Asian Cup and i hope you enjoyed the read, if anyone would like to create this team via the editor i'd be delighted for you to do so, i might look into doing a Myclub/Scrapbook release depending on the interest as well. If you think i missed anyone out or included the wrong player be sure to let me know as i love hearing your guys opinions. 

As always thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment. 

@UK: Thanks, haha yeah he might make the list in the future once we know how he get's on :D

@Dec: Thanks Dec, i have to admit i was also surprised by the quality within the eleven, the back five could be seen as dodgy possibly but the rest of the team is brilliant imo.

Once I saw the title, I knew there'd be Ki, Son and Honda. The way I feel about Kagawa being here is probably how you felt about me rating Welbeck :lol:

It's a great list, but I have to wonder if Yuji Ono isn't on your database or something??

Funny enough Kagawa wasn't in my original XI as I had another striker in there but DB suggested I included him, once he was suggested I thought I best include him due to his reputation over the striker I had selected.

I had Oz loaded only as I thought that would give me the best results, however I did over look him and I guess there is a possibility I missed a few Japanese players, due to them having no ITN team and not having a search filter they were rather tricky to find/remember.

I am sad there is no Chinese player in this list.

I hope Zhang Xizhe will get chance in Wolfburg and be added in winter transfer update.

I actually searched "Yûji Ono" to see if anyone had done an IScout on him before I could (:P) and I found this topic. I was like ERMEGHRD ASHZ U PUT MEH PLAYR IN YUR LIST.

But no.

I'm disappointed now.

I actually searched "Yûji Ono" to see if anyone had done an IScout on him before I could (:P) and I found this topic. I was like ERMEGHRD ASHZ U PUT MEH PLAYR IN YUR LIST.

But no.

I'm disappointed now.

I didn't even know you still played FMH Ben ;)

Jk but it'd be nice to see you posting some FMH related content, your work was always raw but inspiring.

Back on topic. - it was me who bought up Ono. I'll never forget how you found him right at the end of '13 and I was gutted he was found too late. Then he received a massive downgrade in 14 and I haven't even checked him out in 15 :P

Maybe if you stayed around Devil he'd have been in my mind more :P, great to see you posting on the on topic stuff again though mate :).

But no.

I'm disappointed now.

I didn't even know you still played FMH Ben ;)

Jk but it'd be nice to see you posting some FMH related content, your work was always raw but inspiring.

Back on topic. - it was me who bought up Ono. I'll never forget how you found him right at the end of '13 and I was gutted he was found too late. Then he received a massive downgrade in 14 and I haven't even checked him out in 15 :P

Maybe if you stayed around Devil he'd have been in my mind more :P, great to see you posting on the on topic stuff again though mate :).

I'm going to take that as a compliment Leroy :P.

I don't play FMH much anymore, but I still like to look around on Vibe. Although I am planning on doing something with Yûji (unless someone does it first that is :P).

Thanks mate, I did look at him but it was this lad I had pencilled in

tTWyuZX.png

In the end I didn't like that fact he was uncapped even though I know he's great in game but I also did forget about Kagawa.

I think Langerak is a bit better than Ryan :D

Not sure about that one, Ryan won the Asian Cup best Goalkeeper award, while Langerak warmed the bench.

Not sure about that one, Ryan won the Asian Cup best Goalkeeper award, while Langerak warmed the bench.

Langerak has the potential to be equal to Ryan, the difference is Ryan is playing every week, Langerak isn't.

It's completely possible that Langerak has more potential than Ryan but it's about who's the best right now, and the answer to that is Matty.

Note: Where is Cahill... and where is Sainsbury...

Well dirtboy idk whether this post is based on reality or more towards FMH. Because as far as I know Langerak (in-FMH) concedes less than Ryan. I mean FMH can't be compared with reality. Balotelli in FMH scores goals and in reality pfft, same goes with many other players.

Langerak has the potential to be equal to Ryan, the difference is Ryan is playing every week, Langerak isn't.

It's completely possible that Langerak has more potential than Ryan but it's about who's the best right now, and the answer to that is Matty.

Note: Where is Cahill... and where is Sainsbury...

Plus Ryan is a few years younger, so is only getting better.