Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Rotation of tactics? Answers needed!

TrialByCombat

Hi mates, it's nearly 2 am over here but I just can't head to bed without getting this out of my chest. Was going to wait till tomorrow but that's not going to happen lol. Anyway let's head to the topic proper.

I am wondering if rotation of tactics would make or break a team's performances in a season. My reason for rotation is simply. I want to let my wingers and infs have some game time but not overly rotate my strikers. So I have been rotating between a 4-1-2-2-1 and a 4-3-3 this season. My results were less than satisfactory at the moment as compared to last season solely on 4-1-2-2-1 as Kike was my main striker back then. Boye has now developed nicely for me and I have also managed to pick up Miloto's regen.

Tldr, does a team play better sticking to a sole tactic or it's entirely random?

As such, I'm in sort of a pickle right now. Would appreciate any advice!

I don't think we have a solid answer if truth be told, i've never once changed formations outside of going more defensive in bigger games yet others swear blind by it. Then you have SI saying no tactic will last but your players need time to adapt so as you can see we have no real answer, the best thing i can suggest is find a style that suits you and stick to it as it's not something that can be tested imo due to how random the game is.

If i'm honest part of me thinks the formations breaks "theory" is something SI promote to make the game feel harder as it's something i've never experienced, whenever i've experienced a drop in form it's normally somethings gone wrong like my strikers stopped scoring as much and so on.

Hmm, in this scenario, I might be able to come up with some interesting content if I do have the time to test everything!

Thanks for the fast reply though Ashez, appreciate it!

I am wondering if rotation of tactics would make or break a team's performances in a season.

Tldr, does a team play better sticking to a sole tactic or it's entirely random?

As Ashez mentioned it's a little hard to pinpoint the exact cause of a poor run of form.

I prefer to go by what happens on the pitch and the results I get rather than listen to what SI says or what the player ratings say.

I've played quite a few long (10+ seasons) careers and by the fourth season I'm 'forced' to switch to a new formation. No huge overhaul necessary tho just one guy down or up 1 line will do. Changing match settings and adjusting player roles only help so much. With a new formation results improve greatly. With that I decided to use a fresh formation every 1-2 seasons depending where the quality of my current squad lies. It only takes a few minutes and 1-2 additions from the transfer market.

Starting the season with 2-3 friendlies and 1-2 supercups it's an ideal moment to swap formation and get the guys accustomed to a new style of play. I haven't (and wouldn't) try it in the middle of a season tho as you suggested.

I am wondering if rotation of tactics would make or break a team's performances in a season.

As Ashez mentioned it's a little hard to pinpoint the exact cause of a poor run of form.

I prefer to go by what happens on the pitch and the results I get rather than listen to what SI says or what the player ratings say.

I've played quite a few long (10+ seasons) careers and by the fourth season I'm 'forced' to switch to a new formation. No huge overhaul necessary tho just one guy down or up 1 line will do. Changing match settings and adjusting player roles only help so much. With a new formation results improve greatly. With that I decided to use a fresh formation every 1-2 seasons depending where the quality of my current squad lies. It only takes a few minutes and 1-2 additions from the transfer market.

Starting the season with 2-3 friendlies and 1-2 supercups it's an ideal moment to swap formation and get the guys accustomed to a new style of play. I haven't (and wouldn't) try it in the middle of a season tho as you suggested.

Thanks for input mate. It was helpful, especially the bit on making small changes to formation every 1-2 seasons. I'll do some testing on my end and if there's anything, i'll get a new thread started. 

Until then, cheers  ^_^