Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Non-UK Vibers, is your ISP throttling Vibe?

BleedsBlue

Not trying to exclude anyone here, but I'm under the assumption that UK ISPs would be friendly to domesticly hosted sites. Vibe always took a second or two longer to connect, presumably due to the site's information not being stored on US servers. It's gotten bad in the past couple months for me, anyway.

Vibe takes between 8 and 16 seconds just to connect and load initially, and between 3 and 5 seconds per page thereafter. This is on a dedicated 30Mbps connection. I hope, for everyone else, it's just a problem on my end (I live out in the middle of nowhere, maybe it's my shoddy rural provider)

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

This sounds very strange. I have had no issues but you are right that the servers are based in the UK so may take longer for you. However that long shouldn't be occuring.

I will move this to The Boardroom.

Not trying to exclude anyone here, but I'm under the assumption that UK ISPs would be friendly to domesticly hosted sites. Vibe always took a second or two longer to connect, presumably due to the site's information not being stored on US servers. It's gotten bad in the past couple months for me, anyway.

Vibe takes between 8 and 16 seconds just to connect and load initially, and between 3 and 5 seconds per page thereafter. This is on a dedicated 30Mbps connection. I hope, for everyone else, it's just a problem on my end (I live out in the middle of nowhere, maybe it's my shoddy rural provider)

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

yea you are right on this,its takes about 8 seconds to load fmhvibe.co.uk alone but the site is fast generally.

Could you provide us with a bit more information? When are you experiencing heavy load? How long does it last?

We have tested the site from our side and it loads fairly fast. Is it the whole site or some particular parts?

The site's been quite slow for me all day both at home and in the office. Especially visiting the articles in "featured". Takes 2-3min to load that page.

I'm in South East Asia btw and never had issues with the site until today.

It's 7 pm here now so internet traffic is nearing its peak and it's painfully slow.

Feature page won't load anymore just blank after 3min and the last post (up here) I submitted took a minute to get processed.

Maybe it's just today.

Dec, try using cloudflare, its free and quick worldwide

No point really using cloudflare as it caches websites, as vibe is pretty active visitors may loose out on up to date content/posts.

That could be your Internet. Our hosts have found a correlation with something we recognised as the issue and believe to have fixed it. If it is still slow for others though then I will go back to them. Though the issue should be for all and not just non-Uk.

That could be your Internet. Our hosts have found a correlation with something we recognised as the issue and believe to have fixed it. If it is still slow for others though then I will go back to them. Though the issue should be for all and not just non-Uk.

I'll wait awhile sure its possibly just my connection. Cheers

Sorry, ladies and gents. I've been away for a bit, work has been incredibly busy and I've had little free time to get back to this.

Whatever the issue was, it does not seem to be repeating itself. Response speed is what I'd expect. A tiny bit longer to respond than domestically (for me) hosted sites, but generally no more than 1-2s to load the main site and less than a second loading any pages once the site is loaded up. I apologize for any undue concern I may have caused the administration.