Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Ashez And Babacar Go On A Journey!

Ashez

Ashez And Babacar Go On A Journey!

Well hello Vibe, it has been a while hasn't it? It's been well publicized by myself that i've ran into difficulties within FMH this year with many of my ideas failing for various reasons. I got to the point where i was close to jacking it all in if i'm honest and to be fair the thought of it was rather depressing but i managed to bounce back! I decided to ignore all my ideas and just stick to the basics in an attempt to find fun from the game again which is something i haven't experienced for a long time! With this in mind i started thinking about the past and as some of the longer term members will realize the title of this thread is a call back to where my Vibe career began. 

Back in the day i had a rather well known career by the name of "Borja Goes On A Journey", the whole point of this career was i selected i striker i liked using and i just went and had some fun, the end game was to complete the one thousand goal challenge but back in these days the challenge wasn't as popular as it's now become. It ended up being the career which inspired a generation and made me want to continue pushing myself for your guys entertainment and it's something i've continued attempting until this day. 

When i reminisce about past saves my Borja journey is one of my fondest memories as is the second part to that two part career which saw Pedro Cunha AKA Ronaldo's regen smash the 1KC. Times were simpler back then and i was always able to find fun from the game so returning to this style of game play really struck a cord with me.  

164290_khouma_babacar_1.jpg

I found Borja while playing the unemployed challenge and as Vibe has grown finding your own striker has become a lot trickier so once again i decided to return to a something i've enjoyed using in the past. From around 2011 Babacar was one of the main kids on the game as the African Powerhouse was young, cheap and most importantly quality! However in recent times he's been mentioned a lot less on the site and he almost seems forgotten which is a shame or a positive depending on how this career turns out!

I've turned to Babacar at least once a year as far as i remember for the odd fun save i play but for one reason or another i never got too invested in the career, for example on one year he got a long term injury and on another the club i wanted to play as was far to common on the site for me to think people would find it interesting. Another reason that pulled me towards Babacar is for my now on going four or three year challenge which is to complete the 1KC with a striker from each continent so if i managed to complete this by the end of our journey i'll have another continent crossed off my list which'll mean i'll a lot closer to achieving the goal.

When no new leagues are added to the game it can tend to feel a tad bland which is one of the main problems i've been running into in recent years, the game has been out a while but i've already played in all but the Mickey Mouse leagues this year so when it comes to starting a new save i normally sit at the league loaded screen for hours just wishing for a new league to spice the game up! With this in mind and with me recently playing in Portugal i decided to play as my favourite club in game and as some of you guys will know this club is......Celtic! Scotland might not be the most exciting destination going but it's a league i've always enjoyed playing in and it felt like a fitting starting point as it's where Borja and myself starting our journey. However unlike me the reason for selecting Celtic was because i wanted to have a risky save, as many of you will know i move clubs rarely for various reasons so i wanted to try a save in which i might have to move around a little, as i've touched upon the whole point of this journey is to have fun! 

Babacar Over The Years

xwYnB1O.png

6WLwbUy.png

IDY5Bsz.png

He doesn't look as good as he used to do but he's still a fine specimen of a striker!

Various Information

Update - Original - Stamina Bug Is Active

Engine - Original 

Tactic - 41221

Leagues Loaded - Italy, Scotland, Portugal and Spain

Updating Schedule - As often as possible/required

See You Soon

The journey has been started but my opening post has ended! I could babble on for ages about this save but i don't want to bore you, it just so happens i have a free night tonight and i plan on working on some things so in short i'll be on the PC and i'm eager to get this going so comment depending this will start tonight!

As always thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment!

I haven't played a serious long-term career in a while but after reading your post I really feel the time has come to pick a challenge and give it 100% again.

Really looking forward to this journey.

Great choice of striker, good luck :D

Thanks very much :D

I haven't played a serious long-term career in a while but after reading your post I really feel the time has come to pick a challenge and give it 100% again.

Really looking forward to this journey.

Inspiration comes from strange places indeed :P, it's funny how it works out as it was actually your career which made me just want to play the game again! 

Thanks mate, hopefully you enjoy the ride :D

Looking forward to seeing where your journey takes you Ash. Great OP as well

Thanks, i'll be updating again shortly :D

Now the screenshot you posted a while back with the goal scorer blanked out makes sense. I've been waiting for you to reveal your Celtic adventure.

Babacar was my go to man on the full fat FM 3 or 4 years ago. Good luck to you both.

I just never had the time to post it and was focusing on content for a while lol, finally feel like it's time to get this going :D.

I'll be updating shortly after the match

Season One

Transfers

There Is A Twist In The Window!

As expected Babacar was brought into the club during the first window but i also brought in two players to assist us on this journey, so without further ado let me introduce you to the service for my African powerhouse!

Alireza Jahanbakhsh

nmft2UQ.png

Ali as he will be known by was a player i'd used earlier in the year on another Celtic test save and during that test he impressed me so i needed no convincing about bringing him to the club for a second spell. 

Pione Sisto

L1pp5UC.png

I've heard excellent things about Sisto and this seemed like the perfect time to unleash him on one of my careers, come on guys did you seriously think i wouldn't have an assist challenge candidate somewhere in this thread?

The Remaining Business

Out

The Squad Was Destroyed!

Before i started the save for real i ran a few test saves to get a rough idea about how much i'd need to sign my preferred threesome in attack, in the end i knew i needed roughly £20m so i set about destroying the squad.

ZHB5QVv.png

aXbzYJJ.png

In

Rebuilding

With the money in the kitty it was time to bring in my stars and start attempting to rebuild my side, for this season i was relying on free agents and loans heavily for squad depth.

c4bUgVj.png

The boys are in town baby!

DJR4kWG.png

Hopefully they'll be able to do the job in the season ahead.

Season Review

rUeqQ83.png

K59J7iq.png

The domestic sweep! Awesome!

League

LsRtRaT.png

That's how it's done lads!

Scottish Cup

XtymXaY.png

An early goal set us on our way and we dominated thereafter, just a shame we had a nervy final third to the game when the former LFC striker scored for Patrick Thistle.

League Cup

Nr3wz0T.png

Babacar on a quick fire round!

Champions League Drama

Edging The Group

3SNylSC.png

I was playing for the Europa League (easier games so hopefully more goals) but we somehow made it out alive! 

The next round was also kind as we got Anderlecht!

Leg One

mzo8zWa.png

Ali with the last kick of the game!!

Second Leg

XorhfDf.png

The Belgium's return the favour and to add salt to our wounds they knock us out thanks to a captains miss!

Gutted!

Awards And Squad Information

VZZApda.png

A good start!

SKJ79oT.png

Awesome! I picked my three perfectly!

EQscSsU.png

Running the show like a boss!

9Mu6eQP.png

The wingers mean business!

Manager Information

Wk2V0WT.png

Awesome!

m2beSXQ.png

Not bad at all!

The Supporting Cast

Ali

RjUUOYv.png

A massive first season for the lad!

Sisto

I9ybHM8.png

The assists are pouring in already, however i have a feeling he can do better!

The Main Event

Babacar

Stats

m85WfRG.png

A right beauty!

Results

WVmB3MD.png

A good but not spectacular start to the career as i did expect more from him, 60 is a fantastic kicking off point though!

Thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment.

Very good start with a new squad.

Surviving a tough CL group to be knocked out by Anderlecht must have been a slight disappointment for you. Two 90min goals from each and a shoot-out. Really close. Great start tho.

Bring on S2 !

@Eli: Thanks mate, yeah Sisto is an absolute gem on this database, a must sign IMO!

@Bati: Yeah the CL was a low for the season but you can't make drama up like that lol, I'm sure we'll be able to improve upon it though.

@Billy: It was a risk making so many changes but I think it was worth it, tbh I just can't help myself when it comes to transfers lol. I will say that season two does have some interesting happenings ;).

@Aber: Haha maybe one day mate!

@Tomp: Thanks mate, looks like Sisto is becoming the star of the show! Poor Babacar :(

@Nath: Thanks :).

Thanks for the comments lads, sorry for the delay in responding I've just been busy and wanted to reply to them all in one go lol.

@Prize: That's what I like to hear :D, I've really missed having careers on the site constantly this year :(. At least if I decide to do a what have I been playing this year it'll be full of failed ideas and dreams haha.

@Scott: An Ali fan at last, I duno why but there is something about him I like :D

Thanks for the comments :).

Thanks UK, Scotland has always been one of my favourite leagues on the game :D. I love the smaller leagues as it gives the less godly players a chance to shine whereas they'd likely struggle at your City's and Barcelona's, this is why I'd personally love the "rich" yet small leagues like Russia, Turkey and Ukraine to be on the game.

Season Two

Season one lay the foundations for my journey but season two was always laying the path to follow! Be warned this is a massive update for a number of reasons, enjoy!

Transfers

I messed with the squad a lot during the first season so in season two i went about improving it where i could

In

uyzbZAV.png

No massive arrivals this season but we did pick up some bargains.

0CdlRup.png

For the second year running i decided to rely on loans and free agents for squad depth.

Out

wnd3LM4.png

I quit profit from Cabral in which i made a cool £1.5m in just a few months (stamina bug) while i also made some money from the free agents signed last season.

1lXZfd2.png

I tried to play hardball with Brown as his wage demands were rather high, unfortunately the second he was a free agent he was snapped up and out of my reach, a hard lesson learned as he's a god!

Big Transfer News

3wTtEw1.png

Interesting

hkqV9Cm.png

Oh dream on!

YS8DtcE.png

Haha, gutted mate!

46U8xrK.png

Bugger!

Thankfully it didn't have a lasting effect on him!

MXULFry.png

Man in demand!

Season Review

i5K000R.png

agFn0Gs.png

A massive season as we claim the Europa League crown!

League

5XxbQGQ.png

A solid season but we can do better!

League Cup

RMf8LYV.png

A nice victory for the side

The Europa League Drama

Champions League Group

QfG5HfF.png

A tough group with a tougher learning curve for the squad!

First Round

b5VVPBs.png

We scrape through on pens!

Second Round

QH6E767.png

Babacar gets the job done!

Quarter Final

aSSztLC.png

Is there a better way to break Manc hearts? Babacar you legend!

Semi Final

mY3sd22.png

Babacar didn't want to do things the easy way as his penalty miss made it a tense match!

The Europa League

Final

Udt944m.png

I decided to play counter attacking football and it paid off as Babacar stole the show!! 

Interesting Matches

The Return Of Rangers

They failed to get promoted in season one so this was our first meeting of the career

Xqil6T3.png

Every player wanted to rub it in :D

Babacar On The Rampage!

40dfpcS.png

Awesome!

Manager Information

4jiLnyG.png

36nv7Qb.png

mGU0doq.png

Team Performances

tKH6fpi.png

A good sign!

9FIB1ep.png

Nice!

oicbDsd.png

Some quality ratings there lads!

rCVQ4cf.png

Sisto you beauty!

Sisto And Ali

Sisto

Stats

RJG7hJY.png

Some a beautiful lad!

Results

3vMqXoO.png

Outstanding season for the young winger!

Ali

Stats

Ho1d79c.png

Not as impressive but still eye catching!

Results

HfMeGB6.png

Mr consistent!

The Main Event!

Babacar

Stats

uZaVs1R.png

Nice!

Results on 30th Of August

KdldPN1.png

Babacar makes the most of some poor opposition in the Champions League qualifiers and takes a massive lead before September!

Fixtures

N8yrXsB.png

boMogzg.png

Some high scoring games!

Results On 29th November

bJwjqm8.png

He's only gone and broke 50 before December!!

Results On January The 1st

fSEbIXl.png

The mid point of the season and he's broken 60!! He's already bettered what he achieved last season!

The Final Results

O4wsxa9.png

I hoped he'd break 100 but a massive 96 goal season from the African sensation!

Total

Played: 121

Scored: 156

Thank you for viewing and as always please remember to leave a comment :D

@Scott: I have a feeling Ali's time to shine on Vibe is still to come ;).

@Tom: He looks great but unfortunately he didn't really deliver as I had hoped.

@UKFS: Thanks :D

Thanks for the comments lads :D

@WW: :D

@Bati: Great effort :D, it makes me miss the Vibe news letter :(, used to be good fun but too much work for little reward.

@Billy: That's hopefully the case ;)

@Kun: I'm glad you enjoyed it, it's one the reasons I love qualifying games :D.

Thanks for the great comments lads :)