Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Soccernomics challenge

jwil1997

I have been reading the book Soccernomics and it's a great book, if you haven't read I highly suggest you should, I was looking into it online saw like 2 people were doing it. So I'm here to try to see if FMH can be ran by the same rules. So this is my challenge:

Take a team that's not a rich club and see if you can get them to win just one league title in their countries top league. You also have to take screen shots at the end of each season of manager profile, transfers, you have done, and of course the teams record and standings.

The Rules:

1. Net wage spend is more important than net transfer spend (pp. 14-21)

2. Don’t needlessly splash out on new players or sell old ones when you take over a club – the New Manager Syndrome (pp. 21-22)

3. Don’t buy players who impressed at international tournaments: they’re likely to be overvalued and past performance is no indication of future performance, especially when they’re playing with a different team (pp. 22-24) – there are different incentives and a different tactical set-up at tournaments, and it’s a super small sample size.

4. Some nationalities are overrated, like Holland, Brazil, and England (pp. 24-25)

5. Sell your players at the right time: when they’re around 30 years old, goalkeepers aside (p. 29)

6. Use the wisdom of crowds: ask all your scouts and a Director of Football if you have one (pp. 43-44)

7. Buy players in their early twenties, which avoids the problems with not developing properly, and means previous statistics have greater value (pp. 45-47)

8. Centre-forwards cost more than they should (p. 47)

9. Sell any player if a club offers more than they are worth and try to replace them before they are sold (pp. 48-49)

10. Don’t buy players if you don’t need to: develop a youth network and try to develop your own players (pp. 49-51)

I'm not really sure on this idea 100% I like some parts of it just think it need tidying an pulling together abit more. Let me have a think am get back to you with some suggestions