Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 How to find Evogens

Dec

How to find evogens

What are evogens?
In simple terms an evogen is a player who doesn't exist. Before they used to be called "regens" in which is short for regeneration but Football Manager Handheld 2014 bought a new system in place and renamed them.
Evogens replace players who have retired in the game so the game never runs out of players for you to sign. In most cases these players are easy to tell who has been replaced as their potential matches their original player (meaning Ronaldinho may not be great at the start of FMH2015 but his evogen will have the ability to be as great as he once was) as well as some often matching or similar profile clues - though things like name, personality and more are all completely random.

Nationality
Often the first give away is their nationality. While it may not be apparently obvious for more popular nations later on in the game when more and more of the big players retire it can be a useful place to start. Nationality can of course change as it isn't fully set but it is a low chance in most cases. For example if you find an Ivorian in the first few seasons who is very good then the likelihood that play is Drogba.

Positions
Positions can change more than nationality but normally they are very similar only adding or taking away a level (such as attacking midfield) or a side (such as left). There may be instances too that the weaker positions change in the positions so they become more or less able to play that role while not able to play well in there. However this being said they are mostly similar. Alessandro Del Piero for instance regenerated on my career to a F LC from AM/F LC and Lucio became "unconvincing" up front.

History Start
If you haven't been keeping track then when their history first started is the biggest indication. Obviously if it is before the game started (2013/14) then they are not an evogen but if it is after that then they are most likely an evogen; some players' history does start in 2014/15 so be aware of this but anything after that is a 100% evogen.
If you have a player such as Tim Cahill his evogen will often appear in the first few seasons as that is when he will retire. An evogen whom is Australian and is appearing in 2020/21 will more than likely not be Tim as this seems far too late for him to retire. Evogens often appear 3 months after the original player retired - more than likely October/November time if you play in Europe.

Other Methods

**Please note this can be classed as cheating before you start so do this with your own judgement.**

If you have a PC or Android device then you can download the Save Editor or iScout App to see your players' Potential Ability. You may want to have two saves - one at the start of the game and one you are playing or you can use a shortlist such as this Evogen one that tells you PA of a player.

Firstly make sure you know the Potential Ability of the player you are trying to find as in FMH2015 evogens' PA doesn't change and it can make you find that player for certain despite nationality and positions changing. Once you have the PA of that player load your own save in and then with a few choice filters such as limiting age down, strongest position and PA you can find who you want! For example I looked for Didier Drogba, there is no Ivorian striker in the game who is young enough to be Drogba so I loaded up an original save and found his PA was 180; remember Current Ability can change, so I then loaded up the save I have from 4 seasons in. I searched for a maximum 25 year old striker (as it is still early into the game), who is a forward and has 180 PA. Only two players came up! Kenedy whom is a real life Brazilian forward and a 24 year old Dutch striker called Henk Vink playing at ADO. This is our Drogba and thanks to finding out his PA we can see the similarities as he can only play as a forward; though has gained some secondary positions and say for sure we have found the Evogen we are looking for.

gallery_1_1_11537.png

Our search result yielded a real player and our Didier Drogba evogen

In Conclusion
When looking for evogens you have to find out who is retiring in order to get the best. After that the process most of the time should be straight forward when combining the nationality, positions and history start analysis. If it matches or is very similar to the player you are looking for then you have found a winner. Remember a player who is good often has good attributes so if your Lionel Messi evogen has 5 shooting then you are probably looking at the wrong player. Attributes mean more than Potential Ability as a player who has 100 Current Ability is vastly more likely to reach their 160 Potential than a player with 60 Current Ability and 200 Potential.
It is also important to note that age is random though weighted highly for a teenager so don't go looking for a 15 year old as he may be 18 or 19. Happy evogen hunting and I hope this helped.

HHFMQHT.png

A very impressive Lionel Messi evogen. What do you expect but brilliance?

Edited by Dec

Is that how you found the Lionel Messi evogen? Or is that a few years after you got him. I thought they came back younger.

That would be a few years into the game.

Damn This I what I was doing! Never mind, as long as the info's up :P

In playing my first save since the last two system updates and haven't looked at regens yet, are they still massively lacking in the physical attributes? What I can remember from the last two games is regens generally having poor stamina and strength. Your example seems to back that up Dec.

Great guide anyway, +1

In playing my first save since the last two system updates and haven't looked at regens yet, are they still massively lacking in the physical attributes? What I can remember from the last two games is regens generally having poor stamina and strength. Your example seems to back that up Dec.

Great guide anyway, +1

A 17 year old isn't going to have green stamina but the first one is pre-6.2 (neither screenshot is mine). 6.2 fixed all the Stamina Issues so hopefully that should be fine when they progress to their peak.

Great guide anyway, +1

A 17 year old isn't going to have green stamina but the first one is pre-6.2 (neither screenshot is mine). 6.2 fixed all the Stamina Issues so hopefully that should be fine when they progress to their peak.
Actually this new update did fix them but still giving them a very limited stamina like 12-13 last time I was using the regen of Tomas Rosicky at the start it had around 12 but with time and at his peak he is set at 14. So SI could still ....there's room for improvement.

I seem to have a Ronaldo evogen who has 7 stamina.. On the other hand I've had a Ronaldinho evogen for the past few seasons and he is unbelievable!!

Can you do an article about youth players (automatically added to squad and greyed out ones in reserves. I am fascinated by them but seems to be a lack of info around. It is possible to turn a player with 2 stars potential into anything beyond that...?

Screenshot_2015-09-13-12-41-21.png

So im in 2021/2022 season and Messi and Ozil have both just announced their immediate retirement, so if i wait say novemebr and look for young Argentinian and German should be able to narrow them down with PA?

So im in 2021/2022 season and Messi and Ozil have both just announced their immediate retirement, so if i wait say novemebr and look for young Argentinian and German should be able to narrow them down with PA?

i thnk so

i use player search select nationality and adjust the search for age, however all the players i can find have already been with their clubs for more than one season

@HalaDMV: generally search by limiting age, specific country of the player you're looking for, rough position and how long the player has been in FMH (to match it up with when the regen based player has retired)

A couple common ones - Del Piero, Buffon, Zlatan, Xavi, Gerrard, Totti but there are many more