• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 The Unemployed Challenge

liam1872

image.thumb.jpg.3ce82ce76e24904e504c1b76

liam1872's Unemployed Challenge

FMH2015

Hello everyone, my name is Liam and I will be attempting the illustrious 'Unemployed Challenge' in which I must begin the game unemployed with the ultimate aim of taking charge of, and winning at least 2 trophies with, every team that has qualified for the Champions League in real life from 4 different countries which must include England and Spain as well as two others of my choice. On top of that I must take charge of 4 of the following 7 nations and win at least 1 trophy with each: Spain, England, Italy, France, Portugal, Holland, Belgium.

For this challenge I will be selecting the following 4 countries: England, Spain, France and Italy.

This means that in order to complete this challenge I must take over at each of the following clubs and win a minimum of 2 trophies during my tenure at each:

Manchester City

Liverpool

Chelsea

Arsenal

Atletico Madrid

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Atheltic Bilbao

PSG

Monaco

Lille

Juventus

Roma

Napoli

I expect to post the 1st update tomorrow. The journey begins now. See you all soon.

image.thumb.jpg.275078c06eac0efac6cdd354

FMH2015

Update #1 - First Job

Hello everyone, it's time for the first installment in my attempt at The Unemployed Challenge. As promised I started off the game with my selected leagues as England, Spain, France and Italy and started off unemployed.

image.thumb.jpg.0594a72a19ab15352389a110

I had my sights set on beginning my managerial career in the lower leagues of England, however preferably not too low. This wish was granted when I was offered the chance to take over at Barnet FC on December 10th 2014.

When I took over at Barnet they were currently only 1 point behind Gateshead, the leaders of the Conference Premier and 3 points ahead of Bristol Rovers in 3rd while also having a game in hand over Bristol Rovers.

image.thumb.jpg.79038d9304b249a6f6e99862

End of Season Review

Transfers

There were no transfers into or out of the club during my time at the club in the 2014-2015 season.

Competitions

Before my arrival at Barnet, the team had already been knocked out of the FA Cup and so the hopes of a run in this particular competition were over before we even got started.

Things were slightly different in the FA Trophy however as they had not previously been knocked out of the competition before my arrival. Our efforts were ended in a 4th Round defeat to fellow Vanarama Conference side Welling. A rather disappointing FA Trophy campaign as I thought it could be a chance to get a good cup run.

image.thumb.jpg.ce6b7fcd0f877d24496e01d3

The main focus of our efforts was of course on the Vanarama Conference and with the team sitting in 2nd place when I was appointed as manager, I had to live up to the standard which had been expected in the first half of the season under the previous regime. 

image.thumb.jpg.db7fde8de008070124d8737b

We managed to do just that, building on the foundation already in place when I arrived and managing to win the Vanarama Conference and get promotion to the Football League 2. 

image.thumb.jpg.e0a49f0fa81223f2ca4e0792

On top of promotion we were able to hit the 100 point mark, scoring over 100 league goals. Finishing 3 points clear of title rivals Gateshead, who also got promoted through the play-offs, and a massive 16 points ahead of 3rd placed Bristol Rovers meant we could be satisfied with our season and look forward to the new season ahead in the Football League 2.

Trophy Cabinet

image.thumb.jpg.a72475420fa5e4f4b6579fd5

From this season we have managed to pick up a League win and a promotion from the Vanarama Conference Premier. I also managed to pick up 2 manager awards, both being Manager of The Month awards in December 2014 and January 2015.

Next Season

We have been given the task of staying clear of relegation in League 2 for the 2015-2016 season, can we do it? Next update should be up tomorrow, thanks for reading and I'll see you all soon.

Edited by liam1872

You should look out for John Akinde, Barnet striker scored against us the other day. My mate's a Barnet fan as well so dragged me to a game last year, Luisma Villa played pretty well that day, scored two - although might just have played a one-off good game.

Anyway, good luck with the challenge - first season went amazing. 100 points is no mean feat.

Solid season mate :) especially with no transfers. KIU!

Thanks again mate. Tight budget in the first season so wasn't much room to bring anyone in, had to do with what I had which turned out to be more than good enough:).

You should look out for John Akinde, Barnet striker scored against us the other day. My mate's a Barnet fan as well so dragged me to a game last year, Luisma Villa played pretty well that day, scored two - although might just have played a one-off good game.

Anyway, good luck with the challenge - first season went amazing. 100 points is no mean feat.

John Akinde has been a beast so far, scored 43 goals in 48 games during that season!! Villa was good too with 13 goals and 12 assists in 32 games, although he does want to move...

Thanks for the good luck, wasn't expecting 100 points this season so was an added bonus:P!

FMH2015

Update #2

Hello again and welcome to the second update of my quest to conquer The Unemployed Challenge. In the previous update I got my first job, Barnet, and led them to Vanarama Conference glory. This season we would face tougher opposition, now playing our trade in the Football League 2. We were givien the objective of staying clear of relegation, could we fulfil this? Could we do better? Read on to find out:P..

End of Season Review

Transfers

I'll start with the outgoings at the club during my first full season in charge. First of all Jack Saville and Sam Togwell left on free transfers at the start of the season, Saville was rejecting all contract offers and Togwell was getting older and deteriorating in terms of stats so I decided to let them go. Michael Gash and Charlie MacDonald were no longer needed at the club and generated a small income for the club. Youngsters Kevin Doran and Matt Stevens headed out on loan to get some game time.

image.thumb.jpg.120b69eccb3b3e93c472311b

Now what really matters, the incomings to help us tackle the season and challenge ahead.

image.thumb.jpg.f0f2950e3bf801c0d7ad45f4

I felt like we needed some defensive reinforcements and so I set out to bring in players of good enough quality to fill the gaps. Christian Hill joined from Burnley for £170,000 to fill the left back spot in the starting 11, meanwhile Alex Grant and Will Aimson joined on free transfers to strengthen the centre back positions. Denzel Gerrar was brought in on a free transfer to provide back-up to the first team goalkeeper and George Honeyman also joined for free to fill the central position vacated by ageing Sam Togwell.

If you are interested in the stats of the players brought in, check the spoilers below;)!

image.thumb.jpg.38d4d354fe32a4e130536b7dimage.thumb.jpg.33cd073131aa4d826d9c134eimage.thumb.jpg.f6f9ad54f50ad7d80d804ab8image.thumb.jpg.0717a5c7748220a382a071acimage.thumb.jpg.8a4111a98ed02d9915e22e2c

Competitions

image.thumb.jpg.41a95a9d2bc9d889364e076e

Early disappointment in the Capital One Cup as we eventually lost to Millwall in a feisty, goals galore game. Given Millwall's size, it would've been hard to expect much more than defeat, however it was disappointing to be knocked out at the first time of asking.

image.thumb.jpg.4d11fffdce944109fa8a7cde

Our attempts in the JPT were ended at the Quarter Final stage by Championship side Charlton. An early goal made us believe before we were brought back down to earth by a superior Charlton side.

image.thumb.jpg.847010cbfe2e1e5212b11aee

There was more early disappointment as we were knocked out of the FA Cup in the 1st round to Scunthorpe. A poor performance in the FA Cup and Capital One Cup meant we had to have a successful league campaign to make up for it.

image.thumb.jpg.3bb0bced6ffce9f0a4521705

We did just that managing to make it back to back promotions and surpassed our expectation to just stay clear of relegation.

image.thumb.jpg.99cbab2b2ebccd18b61bf563

Scraping into the automatic promotion places at the expense of Carlisle and Oxford while Portsmouth were some way behind in their quest for top 3. Carlisle managed to pull through in the end and gain promotion to the Football League 1 through the play-off route.

Trophy Cabinet

image.thumb.jpg.d2b16bb658c99d06091f97ec

3 more manager awards this season, 2 being Manager of The Month awards and 1 being the Manager of The Year award for Football League 2. Happy with picking up some individual honours to cap of a successful season. 

At the start of the season I did not expect to be speaking in this update about another promotion, however the team played excellently and the new signings integrated perfectly with the squad we already had.

Next Season

Despite promotion success I felt that we were conceding too many goals and so that must be something we need to address for the upcoming season at Barnet in the Football League 1. 

Again we have been given the task of staying clear of relegation and with the right additions to the squad I believe that is a realistic target for the club. Who knows, maybe we can surpass it again? Next update should be later tonight/tomorrow, make sure you don't miss it! See you all soon;)..

Oh my word! If Barnet do anywhere near as well as you have this season in real life the entire team will never have to buy a drink in North London again. On a side note, as a Palace fan it always hurts to see Millwall score 5 goals :'(

Oh my word! If Barnet do anywhere near as well as you have this season in real life the entire team will never have to buy a drink in North London again. On a side note, as a Palace fan it always hurts to see Millwall score 5 goals :'(

Yeah youre right with that:P Its typical of Millwall to be involved in a game with 3 red cards and 2 penalties huh:laugh:

Solid season mate! :D Just about squeaked promotion, and that's all that could have been asked of you anyways :)

Thanks mate! Managed to just squeak through, was tight right up until the last game! Next update will be out within the next hour or so, so keep a look out;)

FMH2015

Update #3

Hey! Its time for the third update of my Unemployed Challenge, and its a good one so make sure to read on;) 

Another promotion meant we would this season be facing the challenges of Football League 1 and were again tasked with the target of staying clear of relegation. We were given a larger budget this season in order to help us on our way to at least securing our status as a Football League 1 club for the following season!

End of Season Review

Transfers

Again we will start with the outgoings at the club. Youngster Matt Stevens who spent last season out on loan left the club on a free after his contract expired along with veteran goalkeeper Graham Stack. Stevens had not developed enough to get anywhere near the first team and Stack was getting older and deteriorating. Attacking midfielder Lee Cook, brought in under the previous regime, was sold to Maidstone for £2,000 as I felt he was surplus to requirements at the club. Sam Muggleton left for Ashton United on a season long loan to hopefully get some game time and develop into a better player. Kevin Doran, a youth prospect promoted by the board, also headed out on loan to gain some first team experience and he would be spending the season at Wingate & Finchley.

IMG_2053.thumb.jpg.b8e3106e039fe5fe101ee

Now for the arrivals. Even though we were given a larger budget to bring players in for the forthcoming season, it still wasn't a huge amount. Since back-up goalkeeper Graham Stack had left the club this season I felt it necessary to bring in another goalkeeper and so I spent a large chunk of the budget to bring in German goalkeeper Dan Twardzik from Motherwell. I also managed to bring in central midfielder Harry Pell from Shrewsbury for just £90,000.

IMG_2052.thumb.jpg.23595cfec8499d33a509c

Both of our new signings stats can be found in the spoiler below;)

IMG_2050.thumb.jpg.030e314af36a8d338b00dIMG_2051.thumb.jpg.54fb9f1d802196e92e201

Competitions

Capital One Cup

IMG_2061.thumb.jpg.89e1d562fcb46c94887ab

More early Capital One Cup disappointment as we suffer defeat in the 1st round again. Different opposition this time however as we manage to take Swansea all the way to penalties after a 1-1 draw, but all to no avail as we fail in our attempts to progress through to the next round:unamused:.

JPT

IMG_2060.thumb.jpg.7c080d9f60f279fb4e132

Millwall are proving to be a bit of a bogey team for us as the knock us out of a competition again this season, this time in the 2nd round of the JPT. Only a narrow loss this time without the drama of the previous encounter but a defeat nonetheless. Hopefully we could get our own back on them when it came to league duties.

FA Cup

IMG_2059.thumb.jpg.b02db40b8fb5be1e1a7ec

More cup heartache as we crash out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round to Sunderland. Not as if we can really complain given the size difference and league status of the two clubs, but its always disappointing to be knocked out of any cup competition early on.

Football League 1

Being knocked out of these competitions however, meant we could centre our focus on the league and hope to achieve the best possible finish we could, and that is exactly what we did:D

IMG_2055.thumb.jpg.e01eed3a991da201c5a54

Amazingly we managed to scrape our way into the play-off places. Only just but it doesn't matter as long as you are in there! However, there was a problem..

We were drawn against, what seemed to be, our bogey team, Millwall:SBut could we FINALLY get the better of them after 2 previous cup exits because of them?

Play-Offs

IMG_2056.thumb.jpg.9979d9bd32776fdb95450

Drawn against Millwall with the first leg being at home we were counting on getting a good enough result to take to Millwall with us, maybe even a good enough result to make it very difficult for them to get back into. We managed a 2-1 victory with new signing Harry Pell getting on the scoresheet alongside goal machine John Akinde. A late goal from Millwall meant it was still very tight going into the second leg..

IMG_2057.thumb.jpg.f39eb4f75b7f71ac5fe72

Hoping to hold onto our lead we set course for Millwall and prayed for a good day at the office, and a very good day it was. A 3-0 victory away from home meant we would be playing at Wembley for a place in the Championship next season. Our opponents? Sheffield United, who overcame the efforts of Notts County after narrowly missing out on the automatic promotion places. Hopefully we could get the job done.

IMG_2058.thumb.jpg.9530bdc2b171297efa5d7

And we did just that. Pulling through an early scare to secure a 3-1 victory on our way to play-off glory and gaining promotion for the 3rd straight season!!! John Akinde again got on the score sheet to improve his impressive goal tally over the past 3 seasons even further as well as new signing Harry Pell who proved to be a vital component in our push for promotion.

Trophy Cabinet

IMG_2062.thumb.jpg.bed4c187f8d810039464d

A truly incredible season was capped off with 4 more awards. 3 Manager of The Month awards and the Football League 1 Manager of The Year award. Im very very happy with the performances and the end result of the season as we look onto next season in the 2nd tier of English football.

Next Season

For the 3rd successive season we have been given the objective of staying clear of relegation and again, hopefully with the right recruitment we can do just that.

Can we stay up? Can we go further? Let me know how you think we can do with a comment, next update should again be tomorrow and ill see you all soon:D!!

That is incredible! Barnet in the Championship. Surprised Matt Stevens didn't do well for you, my mate's always going on about him (apparently Swansea want him). Really showed Millwall who's boss in the playoffs

That is incredible! Barnet in the Championship. Surprised Matt Stevens didn't do well for you, my mate's always going on about him (apparently Swansea want him). Really showed Millwall who's boss in the playoffs

I know right? Im buzzing:D Yeah his stats were poor and werent really going up or down, and with a couple proven strikers ahead of him it wouldve been hard for him to get a look in really! I'm glad we got revenge on Millwall in the play-offs though, and im sure you are too;)

Congratulations. Two seasons, two promotions, Millwal eliminating. staggering results. I wish you like of the best place on the BPL back. I hope that you will manage to keep Barnet in the league

nice liam :) mine gone incredible lol crystal palace and qpr tho :)

Thanks mate! Yeah I've been reading through yours too, going really well!!

Congratulations. Two seasons, two promotions, Millwal eliminating. staggering results. I wish you like of the best place on the BPL back. I hope that you will manage to keep Barnet in the league

Thanks mate! Next update soon so you'll see how we got on!

FMH2015

Update #4

Hello again and welcome to update 4 of my Unemployed Challenge! Last season we managed to remarkably gain promotion from League 1 to the Championship through the play-off's and have been given the task of staying clear of relegation. Can we do it? Better read on to find out;)..

End of Season Review

Transfers

TRANSFERS OUT

There were 5 players heading for the exit doors as we prepared for the upcoming Championship season. We said goodbye to Luisma Villa who had been a very good and useful player for us in previous seasons but he really wanted that move, and so he got it. Will Aimson left for Bradford PA for £45,000 after arriving at Barnet on a free transfer and failing to break into the first team. Tony Stokes was released on a free having not played many games for the club under my tenure. Youngster Kevin Doran was again sent out on loan along with Sam Muggleton to hopefully get some game time in the first team at their clubs this season.

image.thumb.jpg.4ade92f5d1a742eed8de702f

TRANSFERS IN

Our biggest signing of the season, and of the challenge so far, was the incoming of an attacking midfielder from Flamengo for a fee of £350,000 in January. He goes by the name of, wait for it... Jose Paulo Rodrigues Moura da Silva:O A long name and a big fee for us to spend on a player so he had to live up to the expectation. Due to the fact our main striker and goal threat in John Akinde picked up an injury which would see him miss a good portion of the season, I set out to bring in a striker to fill the temporary gap. So I brought in youngster Chris Robson from Partick Thistle for the small fee of £80,000 and just in case he didn't work out, I also brought in Clemens Huth from Frankfurt on loan. Defensive winger John Rienstra joined on a free transfer from AA Gent, a signing the board were particularly pleased with:).

image.thumb.jpg.6a8fb7ff8c2d0f64ac3664fd

As usual all the new signings stats will be in the spoiler below..

image.thumb.jpg.0373fc158694cbd24ca3f984image.thumb.jpg.1bae607a57bdca3210087523image.thumb.jpg.8081e11b2dc40ccbb2c30ebbimage.thumb.jpg.3107a5a52bafc0024e74f892

Competitions

Capital One Cup

image.thumb.jpg.5f7d0caf55ff2066c07042bd

We managed to fight our way into the 4th round of the Capital One Cup before we were knocked out at the hands of Stoke City. A 41st minute penalty from new signing Robson led us to believe we could do it before Stoke equalised just a minute later and went on to win the game. To be fair, we did well to keep the scoreline close and also have almost half of the possession against Premier League opposition.

FA Cup

image.thumb.jpg.1ed6c0c14f715875b704c4c1

A very good effort in this seasons FA Cup as we get all the way to the Quarter Final before AGAIN being dispatched by Premier League opposition. Again this game was close in the end as we came back from 4-1 down to finish the game at 4-3. Loanee Clemens Huth managed to get himself a double after coming on midway through the game and Welshman David Stephens also got himself a goal.

Sky Bet Championship

image.thumb.jpg.fd388db9f32f4d0e826d63e9

A tough start to life in the Championship saw us struggling and at around Christmas time we were in the bottom 3!! The arrival of the Brazilian with the long name (see transfers:laugh:) saw us climb the table and we started to grind out results against teams both around and above us to claim a very tidy 8th place finish come the end of the season. Considering our position half way through the season I thought we would be genuinely struggling to stay up never mind pushing a top 6 finish! However, as mentioned, a new signing and an alteration of tactic saw us get a very respectable league finish.

Trophy Cabinet

image.thumb.jpg.1e1ac32caa211d50e2947d47

This climb of the table and 8th placed finish meant I managed to pick up the Championship Manager of The Year award for the 2017-2018 season. On top of this award I managed to get 2 Manager of The Month awards to cap off what turned out to be a hugely successful season.

Next Season

We will again spend the upcoming season in the Championship and the board expect us to attain a respectable league position. Given our eventual 8th placed finish this season I firmly believe that this is a very achievable target.

Next update will be up tomorrow so make sure to keep an eye out for it. Thanks for reading and i'll see you all soon:D!!

Great job! Midtable in the Championship is definitely a good place to move on from next season. Jose looks a quality replacement for Villa. Villa is a good player but not Championship level I think. How's big John doing?

Great job! Midtable in the Championship is definitely a good place to move on from next season. Jose looks a quality replacement for Villa. Villa is a good player but not Championship level I think. How's big John doing?

Yeah it got to the point with Villa that I felt we would actually be fine without him if he wanted to leave so bad so I just let him go! Big John has consistently scored plenty goals for us, here is his goal and assist record...

14/15 - 48 games, 43 goals, 6 assists

15/16 - 41 games, 32 goals, 10 assists

16/17 - 48 games, 30 goals, 6 assists

17/18 - 34 games, 19 goals, 4 assists (Injured and a lot of games off the bench:'()

Think he has gradually found it harder as progressing through the leagues unfortunately..

FMH2015

Update #5

Hello again!! Update number 5 is here, our second season in the Championship with Barnet FC. The board are expecting us to attain a respectable league position, presumably a similar finish to last season, and I am confident we can do just that! Of course in order to possibly improve on last seasons efforts we would need some new faces to help strengthen the squad.

End of Season Review

Transfers

TRANSFERS OUT

A busy season of transfers saw 8 players leave the club all for different reasons. The biggest and most notable of these transfers was the sale of Andy Yiadom to Portsmouth for £170,000. I felt we no longer needed him and in return he would bring us in a decent fee to further strengthen the squad. Sam Muggleton's unsuccessful loan spell last season resulted in him being sold to Dartford for just £7,000. Curtis Weston and Denzel Gerrar were released as neither player wanted to sign a new contract at the club, plus I wasn't too bothered about losing either of them. The transfer that hurt was George Honeyman leaving the club after his contract expired. As much as I tried to offer him a new contract, he wouldn't sign it and so we were forced into letting him go, unfortunately:'(Kevin Doran was again sent out on loan, this time he would spend his season at Marine. Stuart McAllister, a full back promoted by the board, was also sent out on loan however his destination was Alfreton Town. Alex Grant left for Shrewsbury in a part exchange deal for a new signing you'll see in a moment;)!

image.thumb.jpg.9f48e6f602ba14f1e9380add

TRANSFERS IN

The biggest transfer of the season was the signing of Connor Goldson from Shrewsbury for £250,000 + Alex Grant. Paul Daly joined from Derry City for just £95,000 to replace Andy Yiadom who had been playing at full back for us. Jimmy Ellis arrived at the club from Watford for £45,000 to fill the gap left by the departing Gerrar and Josh Law and Jonathan Thomas arrived on free transfers to provide us with more options across the park.

image.thumb.jpg.ac60cd34ff81ad1d738a7bb0

NEW SIGNINGS STATS

image.thumb.jpg.d0e927a8d098dae7d6166be9image.thumb.jpg.7c299f8fc25c821f8732e69cimage.thumb.jpg.39c702228f8f917d49469ac4image.thumb.jpg.a95ebfb7f0355375617df219image.thumb.jpg.ef87def7f1324cd3de734c7e

Competitions

Capital One Cup

image.thumb.jpg.249261d641199e6364f142a1

A poor showing in this seasons as we are knocked out by Ipswich in the 3rd round courtesy of a 23rd minute goal from Matt Smith:(.

FA Cup

image.thumb.jpg.9317e58f42f9551ffcef9b5e

We lose in the same round in the FA Cup as we did in the Capital One Cup as we fall to a late defeat at the hands of Aston Villa after leading the match for most of the game:(.

Sky Bet Championship

image.thumb.jpg.bc0e142df07bf34e13d2b764

Due to our failures in this seasons cup competitions we were able to focus on league duties and managed to scrape into the play-off places (only just:O). As you can see we won the least games of any team in the top 8 but lost the second least which no doubt helped to take us to the play-off's. So who did we get?

Play-Off's

SEMI-FINAL 1ST LEG

image.thumb.jpg.bf8bad382a00e446d04edc6b

A late winner from Keanu Marsh-Brown just 2 minutes after a Barnsley equaliser meant we would be taking a slender lead into the second leg...

SEMI-FINAL 2ND LEG

image.thumb.jpg.5432ab11efec0f9ea62fb6fa

An early goal from John Akinde put us 3-1 up on aggregate and firmly in the driving seat to get to the final, however Barnsley had other ideas and got a well deserved 2-1 win. After a goal-less extra time period the tie would have to be decided on penalties. Both teams scored all of the initial 5 taking it to sudden death, squeaky bum time..

After 7 penalties each Barnsley finally missed meaning it would be us who went to the Play-Off final for the chance to win a place in the Barclays Premier League. 

FINAL

We would come up against Leeds United in the final of the play-off's who themselves had come through a tricky semi-final tie against Sunderland, coming out as winners in an 8-7 aggregate win!!

image.thumb.jpg.83482b00c9bf42fe3b4985f2

Keanu Marsh-Brown, who scored that all important goal in the 1st leg against Barnsley, again got himself a goal earlier on in the final to put us 1-0 up...

Could it be?

This goal proved to be enough in a VERY even game, enough to see us through to the final whistle. Enough to win us the game, the play-off final. We will be a Premier League club next season!!

Trophy Cabinet

image.thumb.jpg.d37fbb651d113afe617122e0

An incredible season with no individual honours, however I was runner up in the Manager of The Year award for the 2018-2019 season. 

Its not all about the individual honours though, of course they are great to get, but the team performance over the season is more important and getting promoted to the Premier League is a massive achievement in itself:D!

Next Season

For the upcoming season we have been given the objective to battle bravely against relegation. This meaning that the board are somewhat sceptical about whether or not we can actually stay in the league or not. We have been given a generous budget to help us along the way..

image.thumb.jpg.20fc16a70522eec1a686f592

Yep, we have been given £4,200,000 to spend as well as a very large wage budget which can of course be adjusted to suit me. Hopefully this money can go towards keeping us in the Barclays Premier League! I'll see you all soon for update #6, our attempts at staying in the top tier of English football! Thanks for reading:D.

NICE man! :) cheers :) mine one has got no one to watch lol, gonna focus watching ur thing now while doing my everton save :) 

Thanks mate!

This save is actually amazing! The signings look great as well. But Barnet in the Premier League is one of the best things I've seen on Football Manager. Play your striker in goal and vice versa against Palace though :P. P.S. About that Ipswich game, I didn't realise the Doctor played professional football!

This save is actually amazing! The signings look great as well. But Barnet in the Premier League is one of the best things I've seen on Football Manager. Play your striker in goal and vice versa against Palace though :P. P.S. About that Ipswich game, I didn't realise the Doctor played professional football!

Thanks Harry! It's going really well with Barnet, not been getting any job offers though..

Youll just have to pray we don't get a result against your beloved Palace:laugh: and I only just noticed the Matt Smith thing when you said that:laugh:

FMH2015

Update #6

Hello! Its time for update 6. The first season of, hopefully, many for Barnet in the Premier League! Yes you read that right, after taking over at Barnet when they were 2nd in the Conference Premier we are now in the Barclays Premier League. How did we get on? The board expected us to battle bravely against relegation, lets see if we managed it..

End of Season Review

Transfers

TRANSFERS OUT

A large amount of outgoings at the club brought in some extra cash to sign better players. First player to leave the club was Josh Law who left for Stevenage for £375,000 after failing to make an impression during his time at the club. He was followed out the exit door by John Rienstra and Mauro Vilhete who both left for Northampton for £325,000 and £300,000 respectively. Keanu Marsh-Brown, who managed to pick up a couple of goals on our way to play-off glory, left on a free transfer after rejecting every offer we put in front of him:(Mike Stephens and Stuart McAllister, both promoted by the board, left on loan for the season to Ebbsfleet and Nuneaton. Jimmy Ellis also left on loan after the arrival of another goalkeeper at the club. Kevin Doran spent the first half of the season on loan at Guiseley before spending the second half at Crewe.

img]img]a>url]url]a>M10gPB2.jpg

TRANSFERS IN

In terms of incomings, we spent just over £2M but managed to recuperate some of that money through selling some deadweight. Tommy Lewington arrived from bogey team Millwall for a big fee of £1.5M, the biggest fee spent on a player so far. Ainsley Maitland-Niles arrived from Arsenal for £525,000 and Nathaniel Chalobah joined from Chelsea on season long loan. Steven Shearer also came in on loan this time from Newcastle, we would be paying no contribution to either loanee's wage bill so I couldn't complain really:PBen Purrington, Carles Gil and Filipe Abreu all joined the club on free transfers and I consider them good signings considering their stats and fee.

qPbNqAJ.jpg

NEW SIGNINGS STATS

EKrSZGS.jpguT4g4Gb.jpgYuMm3Vl.jpg2oXEUMi.jpghTsxkBE.jpgcQiPV2H.jpgViwkx8N.jpg

Competitions

Capital One Cup

93LRUrK.jpg

A Chris Robson hat-trick had given us a 3-2 lead going into the tail-end of the first half of extra time until Aaron Ramsey's goal cancelled it out and made it all square again. Robson then missed his penalty as we were knocked out of the Capital One Cup after a 4-3 defeat to Arsenal on penalties. How cruel:(.

FA Cup

EzbGgl5.jpg

A poor performance resulted in a 1-0 defeat to Championship side Sunderland. Being down to 10 men for the majority of the game doesn't help either:@.

Barclays Premier League

Our debut season in the Premier League would hopefully not be our last as we look to continue to build the club and move forward.

Lg9lmhG.jpg

Incredibly we managed to muster up a 9th placed finish in our debut season in the Premier League!! Some heavy defeats along the way meant we finished the season with a negative goal difference, which no-one likes:unamused:Nonetheless, this was a remarkable achievement in our first season in the best league in the world (controversial:laugh:?). We not only managed to secure our status as a Premier League club, we also managed to get a top half finish on top of that which I for one didn't expect at the start of the season.

Trophy Cabinet

lGBxSzO.jpg

No more individual honours again this season but it is all about the team and we managed to put in an incredible effort and secure a place in next seasons Premier League.

Next Season

Next season, 2020-2021, the board are expecting us to attain a respectable league position and have given us a sizeable budget to add to the squad should we need to. I'm hoping that we can achieve this target and keep the board happy, and get other teams looking towards myself so I can complete this challenge!

Thanks for reading and keep an eye out for the next update tomorrow! See you soon.

PS. Hopefully you guys can see the better quality images, let me know if they're better:D!

Edited by liam1872

I genuinely am not even going to try expressing how good this save is going. Judging by what my mate was saying the other day, Marsh-Brown isn't too happy at the club in real life (although I read somewhere he's gone now). Carles Gil on a free is a great bit of business. But seriously though... 9th place... I thought I was good at the game, but this career proves I was very very wrong...

I genuinely am not even going to try expressing how good this save is going. Judging by what my mate was saying the other day, Marsh-Brown isn't too happy at the club in real life (although I read somewhere he's gone now). Carles Gil on a free is a great bit of business. But seriously though... 9th place... I thought I was good at the game, but this career proves I was very very wrong...

Yeah I think he's went to Forest Green now? I might be wrong though! With Gil coming in for free it turned out we didnt need him anyway:D!

I don't think I've had a career that's gone as well as this one is going at the moment to be honest, hopefully not jinx it:laugh:!

Thanks mate I appreciate it:P

Yeah I think he's went to Forest Green now? I might be wrong though! With Gil coming in for free it turned out we didnt need him anyway:D!

I don't think I've had a career that's gone as well as this one is going at the moment to be honest, hopefully not jinx it:laugh:!

Thanks mate I appreciate it:P

Yeah, he signed for them a while ago now (a quick Google search told me that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keanu_Marsh-Brown)