Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Win One, Take One

Win One, Take One
Introduction

Alright, I've been away for a while and I haven't posted something in a long time. So, I had this idea in mind for a while and I think it has materialised into something beautiful :P Without further ado, let me introduce to you guys my brand new career/save called:

vUxeVnq.png

Win One, Take One!

You might be wondering how I will go about this, so here is how I'm going to do it:
(Note: This challenge required IGE to actually work, so the yellow edited button in the bottom right appears)

How to Do it
- Take over a Premier League club or any other first division club and release all their players.
- Go through all the teams except the one you took over, and follow this procedure to get your players:
~ Open up a randomiser (http://therandomiser.com/) and input the names of the first team players of a club and then randomise, you might need to sim a month to get that first team data.
~ You can only do it ONCE! After that, no redos. Once you get the name of your player, you chuck him into your club using the IGE, simple as that!
~ Repeat for all the clubs, you only get one player from each club. For an example, if I did this with Man City in the BPL, I should end up with 19 players because we exclude Man City from the draw.

Extra Instructions
- If you don't get a goalkeeper, put the names of all the first eleven goalkeepers in the randomiser and randomise it. Once you get the name, he's the goalkeeper you're going to use.
- With the IGE, you might need to increase the salary to accomodate all your chosen players' demands.
- Having fun! :D 

Alright, so we finally got through that one, let's look at the way to play this

How to Play/Rules
- You can't buy or sell any of your chosen players, unless you have to offload them to a club because you lost them
- If you win, you can take a player from the club you beat. Usually, you would randomise the first eleven of that team in that game and you would get your player from there, but I'm going to go about mine more differently.
- If you lose, you transfer a random player from the first team you used to the team that you lost against. I'm going to do mine differently though.
- No saving/reloading
- Own formations only
- Have fun (again)

How I Will Play It

Obviously the rules of the challenge are there, but I want to do mine differently as I want you guys to get involved. So, what I'm going to do is - When I do the randomisation part of the challenge, I will actually assign a random number to each player of either my team or the other team depending on the result. Then, I put that into a poll and get you guys voting, it will be from 1-11, the thing is though....I won't reveal the name of the player so that you guys wouldn't know who you are voting for, which will make it even more interesting as it probably will be mixed results. Anyways, let's get on with the team.

The Team

201px-Burnley_FC_badge.png

Burnley FC a.k.a FMHVibe WOTO

The team I have chosen to take over is lowly Premier League minnows, Burnley. Cracking start and a challenge for me already, let's see the team that I have made from a long time of randomisation.

Squad Lineup

Screenshot_2015-07-21-23-58-42.thumb.png

Expected worse to be honest, so I'm fairly happy with the squad, although I'm a bit worried on the defensive side as I earned way to many attackers though. I think I'm just going to stick with a mind set of scoring more than the opposition, here's me hoping though!

Save Info

Manager Name: Dragon FIV / English
Database: February
Engine: Original
Nations Loaded: England
IGE Used: Yes

Updating Style

I'm going to update this match-by-match, so one match per update as it needs your guy's inputs before I continue.

Wish me luck, and I hope you stick around for the next update. I'm also torn between doing this as a one season challenge or more, although I'll have to figure that out when we get to the final games of the season, that's the beauty of this challenge, expect the unexpected! Comments/Thoughts on this are always appreciated so leave one down below :D

Win One, Take One
Matchday One - Home to Crystal Palace

Change of mind, I think I'm just going to randomise it without the poll so I can move on with this fairly quickly. Anyways, I've now gotten to the first league match of the season which so happens to be against Crystal Palace at home. You guys should know the rules, so the result will determine who I win or lose, let's take a look at how the match ended. I'm hoping it will be good

Screenshot_2015-07-22-11-01-54.thumb.png

Fortunately for me, it was a great managerial debut, and we beat Crystal Palace! You know what we do, let's head over to the randomiser and get our first player that will join the team.

Screenshot_2015-07-22-11-02-00.thumb.png

That's the Palace squad we get to choose from, so let's do the randomisation now.

Who will we get?

And the randomiser has chosen..

Capture.thumb.PNG.422190212fe6131db52878

Screenshot_2015-07-22-11-08-15.thumb.png

Oh for gods sake, not another attacker/winger, I already have enough of them. At least I know Bolasie is a good player so he'll definitely strengthen us for sure. I would've even taken Hangeland instead of Bolasie, that's how desperate I am for a defender. I'll just move on really quickly.

Screenshot_2015-07-22-11-15-44.thumb.png

That's how the squad looks after this first match, I really need a backup goalkeeper so I hope I'll get lucky in the next match.

Conclusion

Since, I can just go through this matches and randomise fairly quickly, I think the next update will include two matches, so I look forward to that. The next two matches are:

Everton (A)
West Ham (A)

Easy opposition! :P Surely I'll just beat them both by...4 goals? Mark my words

Anyways, that's the end of this update, leave your comments/thoughts down below, and thanks for reading

Awesome mate!! Sounds great

Thanks UK, it should be great  :D

Your team looks great in the attack! Especially that you have Aguero!

Aguero didn't score in the first game, should have had Kompany instead :P

Looks interesting :)

Cheers Tom

Nice one getting the win! Hard luck on getting defenders, I can already see you losing then having to give up a defender haha

I did put up a challenge for Win One Take One but I prefer your rules to how I did it to be honest lol

a link to my challenge

Edited by UKFootballScore

Win One, Take One
Back To Square One

vUxeVnq.png

So....I've accidentally overwrote the save with a Liverpool career that I was just doing for fun. Unfortunately, I didn't keep a backup, so I have to redo this whole thing all over again, hopefully, I actually do this properly now. Right now, I'm in due course for 3 updates at least by today, so I'm going to try my best to catch-up to where I was at.

The Team 2.0

Screenshot_2015-07-23-09-54-27.thumb.png

Reversal of luck I guess. Instead of me praying for more defenders from the randomiser, I just ended up wishing that I had my beastly strike force back. Seems like a 4-1-3-2 formation for me then, hope it ends up well :P

Let's not wait any longer, and head right into the first two matches, which are

Crystal Palace (H)
Everton (A)

Everton....well then

Matchday One
WinOneTakeOne vs. Crystal Palace

Interesting lineup from WOTO, going with a 4-1(DM)-3(All Attacking Mids)-2, predicting an easy win for the Palace away.

Screenshot_2015-07-23-10-01-56.thumb.png

Hahaha, take that Palace, easy win for WinOneTakeOne at home, I'll take a Bolasie please.

Screenshot_2015-07-23-10-02-01.thumb.png

Who will we get?

Capture.thumb.PNG.71535ec98135e3ae5398c5

Bolasie

Screenshot_2015-07-23-10-06-30.thumb.png

And by the luck of the draw, we get BOLASIE again! Actually..shoot...I already have the Angel of Dreams and Willian to fill up those spots. Whelp, I still need that central midfielder though, I'm pretty sure Cattermole can't live by himself there. Anyways, second match.

Matchday Two
Everton vs. WinOneTakeOne

Screenshot_2015-07-23-10-09-51.thumb.png

Screenshot_2015-07-23-10-09-55.thumb.png
I'll take a Gago, I guess.

Who will I get?

Lukaku.thumb.PNG.e30c5a4ce5a2a28179732bc

Lukaku

Screenshot_2015-07-23-10-14-30.thumb.png

Lukaku will definitely strengthen my attack, which already boasts the likes of umm... Anichebe?

The Squad and Conclusion

Screenshot_2015-07-23-10-18-31.thumb.png

So after this eventful update, this is how our squad will line up for the next two games. I still need that central midfielder to partner with Cattermole, and atleast a back-up goalkeeper in case Mignolet get's injured from...a broken fingernail for 6 months.

The Conclusion

In that case, that's the end of this update, hope you guys liked it. The next matches for WOTO are as follows:

West Ham (A)
Chelsea (H)

Interesting fixtures, but I might just get battered by Chelsea. Please don't take any of my attackers, you can have Anichebe, but I need my Lukaku.

Comments and thoughts are appreciated, so leave them down below. Thanks for reading.

*Side Note - Erm.. something really weird is happening, so bear with me*

Edited by DragonnathFIFAIV

Nice one getting the win! Hard luck on getting defenders, I can already see you losing then having to give up a defender haha

I did put up a challenge for Win One Take One but I prefer your rules to how I did it to be honest lol

a link to my challenge

Oh, I didn't see your topic, I was actually debating whether to do that, but I chose to randomise instead. Which also brings me to another thing. If I draw with my opponent, I'll randomise a player from both our sides and switch them. One from my team to the other and vice versa.

You took Ward and then you took Yannick! Ward is class and Yannick is actually god-like in the game

True, although Ward isn't at the club anymore, I'll definitely try to look and exploit Yannick in the game.

Bolasie's stats are actually really good for a winger. That crossing and dribbling is gorgeous :O

A beautiful player. #YannickIsOP

Nice win :) Bolasie looks so good i must buy him for my save :D 

Thanks, I've tried him before and he was amazing.

awesome save,loved it from the start,can't wait for the next update!KIU!

Thanks mate.