Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 The Formation Analysis - 41212 Narrow

HashtagTatica

Formation Analysis - 41212 Diamond Narrow

The 41212 Diamond have been quite a popular formation throughout FMH 2015, and I have been using this tactic quite a bit as well, and I’ve had quite some success with them, but today we are going to analyise what each position and player roles should be employed into this particular formation. So, Let’s GOOOOOOOOOO! :)

Player Roles

Goalkeeper is a very important position for any formation and this formation is no exception, you don’t want your keeper to be doing any sweeper keeper stuff because he might be caught out because the defense is quite attacking with this formation.

The two central defenders should be maintaining a good possession rate while keeping their own at defense, so a mixture of a ball playing defender and a central defender is recomended.

The two full backs are the main source of wide attack, so wing backs are really essential for the two full back positions, if your team are really attacking then you could push them up to a DM(L,R) position as well with them being at a winger role.

The Central Defensive Midfielder needs to track back and defend to cope with the attacking pressure of the opponent, he almost acts as a defender role because of the two attacking wing backs in the formation, so, a deep lying midfielder is really essential.

The two central midfielders are the two variables of the squad, these two players’ roles determine if you are going to play an attacking style or a defensive style of play. If you want to be very attacking, your player roles will have to be an advanced playmaker and a box to box midfielder since these two will give you the attacking talent you need bombing through balls into the attacking midfielder or even the strikers on the field. If you want a more defensive sort of formation, then a ball winning midfielder and a box to box midfielder is for you, the box to box midfielder can provide balls up the field but defend for team as well while the ball winning midfielder provides the perfect defensive balance which the b2b and deep lying midfielder doesn’t have. If you don’t have any specific philosophies,  would suggest a box to box partnered with a central midfielder, which provides a great balance in the midfield area.

The attacking midfielder should provide a great passer of the ball to swing balls up to the striker, and not really do any defensive work as a player. If you have chosen to use a more attacking philosophy above, then an inside forward role is recomended while you should use the advanced playmaker role otherwise.

The two strikers are really flexible in my opinion, but I think the best suited role will be a poacher and an advanced forward, these two roles work so well together for me, but a lot of different role combinations work for me as well like the combination of an advanced forward and a deep lying forward but in my opinion it is really down to what your strikers’ suited roles are before you try and select your player roles.

Team Instructions

This will be chosen according to the philosophy chosen with the player roles above to whether you go attacking, balanced or defensive while shorter passing should be selected to make sure the narrower speciality of the tactic is maintained. A level of discipline should be maintained for this tactic so I would go with normal or cautious tackling. Pressing is usually what I will turn on, and the others will be determined by what is your team’s quality compared to other league teams and in game situations.

How To Suit This Tactic With Any Team

This is , if you decide to go with this tactic, what do you need to do so the team fits the tactic? I’ll run you through them and use the team Manchester United as an example.

1. Sell any wingers on your team (Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia)

2. Determine the philosophy that you want to use (Attacking)

3. Decide a starting 11 and determine the weak points (Rafael)

4. Bring in replacements for the weakest points of the starting 11. (Matteo Darmian, Dani Carvajal)

Overall

This should do but if anything this is not gaurenteed success, should you have any inquires, please pm me through vibe’s awesome pm system, or leave a comment down below, or take a look here. Also, please inform me of any tactic I can do later in this thread. Thank you! :)

Edited by HashtagTatica
Adding missing info

In the man utd example. You say that Rafael is the weak point in the starting 11. What do you base that on? I always thought he was a solid player. Still young and have a high Pa. 

In the man utd example. You say that Rafael is the weak point in the starting 11. What do you base that on? I always thought he was a solid player. Still young and have a high Pa. 

he's not weak but one of the weakest points of the squad.