Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Sky sports using FM

pipaz4

Did you know that sky sports is using FM database to profile players in real life? How crazy and great at the same time is that xD

CLfWPMoWIAALnUn.jpg
fm15-sky_3396138b.jpg

You can check the whole story here!

So what do you guys think about this? PS: i don't know if this is the right section for this post xD

Edited by pipaz4

It makes sense and I really like it - FM has a really large scouting network so the attributes are in most cases fairly accurate. 

People also love to quantify things - so viewer would enjoy the easy to understand content. 

It also means the news networks can spend minimal time in preparing a news item :P 

Who knows how many clubs might have utilised this system?

Since FM is such a good football management simulator,at the same time has a vast network of information and scouting agency,you can't really blame SSN for doing this,they spend less time and also not needing to find the headbusting information just for a 30 minute news report,it's more efficient and proves how useful FM really is.

About the club using FM part,however,I don't really agree with that.I mean,you can't just fire up a football management game and stick with what it says,since finding the right players for a real are very hard compared with finding players in your game(obviously:P),a player can't really just move to a new club like how you do on FM,it takes time for a player to adapt to a new playing style and also with the players there too.Generally,it would be wise for clubs to do some scouting,and not relying on a computer game.

I like this to an extent. Both clubs and news should use the critically acclaimed FM database with 100,000s of players, however it all has to be with a pinch of salt and can never replace going to watch a player or analysis based around the player in a team. But it is good for finding targets to scout, pieces like the way Sky Sports are using it for finding new players or showing what type of player they are.