Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to find Evogens

Dec

How to find evogens

What are evogens?
In simple terms an evogen is a player who doesn't exist. Before they used to be called "regens" in which is short for regeneration but Football Manager Handheld 2014 bought a new system in place and renamed them.
Evogens replace players who have retired in the game so the game never runs out of players for you to sign. In most cases these players are easy to tell who has been replaced as their potential matches their original player (meaning Ronaldinho may not be great at the start of FMM2016 but his evogen will have the ability to be as great as he once was) as well as some often matching or similar profile clues - though things like name, personality and more are all completely random.

Nationality
Often the first give away is their nationality. While it may not be apparently obvious for more popular nations later on in the game when more and more of the big players retire it can be a useful place to start. Nationality can of course change as it isn't fully set but it is a low chance in most cases. For example if you find an Ivorian in the first few seasons who is very good then the likelihood that play is Drogba.

Positions
Positions can change more than nationality but normally they are very similar only adding or taking away a level (such as attacking midfield) or a side (such as left). There may be instances too that the weaker positions change in the positions so they become more or less able to play that role while not able to play well in there. However this being said they are mostly similar. Alessandro Del Piero for instance regenerated on my career to a F LC from AM/F LC and Lucio became "unconvincing" up front.

History Start
If you haven't been keeping track then when their history first started is the biggest indication. Obviously if it is before the game started (2015/16) then they are not an evogen but if it is after that then they are most likely an evogen; some players' history does start in 2014/15 so be aware of this but anything after that is a 100% evogen.
If you have a player such as Tim Cahill his evogen will often appear in the first few seasons as that is when he will retire. An evogen whom is Australian and is appearing in 2020/21 will more than likely not be Tim as this seems far too late for him to retire. Evogens often appear 3 months after the original player retired - more than likely October/November time if you play in Europe.

Other Methods

**Please note this can be classed as cheating before you start so do this with your own judgement.**

If you have a PC or Android device then you can download the Save Editor or iScout App to see your players' Potential Ability. You may want to have two saves - one at the start of the game and one you are playing or you can use a shortlist such as this Evogen one that tells you PA of a player.

Firstly make sure you know the Potential Ability of the player you are trying to find as in FMH2015 evogens' PA doesn't change and it can make you find that player for certain despite nationality and positions changing. Once you have the PA of that player load your own save in and then with a few choice filters such as limiting age down, strongest position and PA you can find who you want! For example I looked for Didier Drogba, there is no Ivorian striker in the game who is young enough to be Drogba so I loaded up an original save and found his PA was 180; remember Current Ability can change, so I then loaded up the save I have from 4 seasons in. I searched for a maximum 25 year old striker (as it is still early into the game), who is a forward and has 180 PA. Only two players came up! Kenedy whom is a real life Brazilian forward and a 24 year old Dutch striker called Henk Vink playing at ADO. This is our Drogba and thanks to finding out his PA we can see the similarities as he can only play as a forward; though has gained some secondary positions and say for sure we have found the Evogen we are looking for.

gallery_1_1_11537.png

Our search result yielded a real player and our Didier Drogba evogen

In Conclusion
When looking for evogens you have to find out who is retiring in order to get the best. After that the process most of the time should be straight forward when combining the nationality, positions and history start analysis. If it matches or is very similar to the player you are looking for then you have found a winner. Remember a player who is good often has good attributes so if your Lionel Messi evogen has 5 shooting then you are probably looking at the wrong player. Attributes mean more than Potential Ability as a player who has 100 Current Ability is vastly more likely to reach their 160 Potential than a player with 60 Current Ability and 200 Potential.
It is also important to note that age is random though weighted highly for a teenager so don't go looking for a 15 year old as he may be 18 or 19. Happy evogen hunting and I hope this helped.

HHFMQHT.png

A very impressive Lionel Messi evogen. What do you expect but brilliance

Do evogens come into the game at clubs of their nationality or in the league their original last played in? Or is it completely random in where they come into the game?

Just now, Matthew said:

Do evogens come into the game at clubs of their nationality or in the league their original last played in? Or is it completely random in where they come into the game?

Mostly clubs of their nationality. Can be random on occasions though.

Im not sure if i like the whole Evo mechanic, think i preferred random regens. Its just that it is quite easy to stake out the player search for the retired players and sign them. Im 9 seasons in with Liverpool and am pretty sure i have Evo's for Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Messi, Neuer, Cassilas, Buffon, Ozil, Gerrard, Lampard, etc, etc. Just breaks the game a bit, like using a save editor to find highest PA's.

6 minutes ago, lampround said:

Im not sure if i like the whole Evo mechanic, think i preferred random regens. Its just that it is quite easy to stake out the player search for the retired players and sign them. Im 9 seasons in with Liverpool and am pretty sure i have Evo's for Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Messi, Neuer, Cassilas, Buffon, Ozil, Gerrard, Lampard, etc, etc. Just breaks the game a bit, like using a save editor to find highest PA's.

Regens was less random than Evogens. It is the PC newgens system you want (and I do too).

On 12/7/2015 at 15:52, russy said:

stupid question, but is there a way to see who is coming up to retirement

I think the best way is to search for players by age descending then by term of contract.
From this point you'll see who is deciding to retire.

I have seen in my save that Ronaldo just got nominated (in the beginning of this season) manager of the Lazio. Is there a simple way to find his evogen ? I checked every Portugal club for his evogen but I can't figure out players that could be him.
Some have great potential but I'm not quite sure.

Is it possible to have multiple evogen from the same player at the same time ? :) (hope ^^)

15 hours ago, Risheek said:

Well, the best way for me is just look for the player retiring. Then just look at the transfer market. Scout most of the players. They will be in green. So when a new one comes in 3 months he will not be in green. Another way is the save editor. Just when the player is going to retire, check his PA and look for a player with the same PA after he retires. The last way, is confusing but workes. Scout every player on the list. Let's say Ronaldo just retired, 3 months ago. I'll search for a Portugeae left winger with age as 0-21. Then scout every one player until I find a player in which my scout says can be a key player or has potential to be a world class player. He will be Ronaldo's Regen. Many a time, you my find many of these players with Ronaldo, Coz he retires when most Portugeae wingers are being bred( their age is 19-23) so..

unfortunately there is only one Regen per player. There was a great write up of the story behind ovegens by one member but I forgot the name. :( Sorry. But no, only one Regen per player. 

Hope I helped :) 

You helped me A LOT!
Searching and scouting is indeed the best way. And, btw, even if it seems confusing, I LOVE the idea of scouting every portuguese left winger ^^
I'll definitely try this one right now !!

Oh... I think I found him :

Spoiler

5673d0bc7c6d5_IMG_02431.thumb.PNG.595c58

Am I right ? 
Here's his history : 

Spoiler

5673d10c4d66a_IMG_02441.thumb.PNG.bf76cb

In Sporting Portugal, how's that ? :D
He's way to expensive for me right now though :( 

Thanks for your help !

That looks like a good candidate for Ronaldo's evogen. His stamina is terrible though, so he's probably going to be of limited use.

My personal approach to evogen hunting, particularly when looking for an attacking minded player, is to search for players with high technique (17 or above) and sort by age. The young players with very high technique will generally be good evogens.

However, bear in mind the Potential Ability stripping that I discovered in FMH2014, which still seems to be very much in place in FMM16. See here for full details.

You will start to see a lot of pretty terrible players with high technique once you get a decent way into a career.

4 minutes ago, Peely said:

That looks like a good candidate for Ronaldo's evogen. His stamina is terrible though, so he's probably going to be of limited use.

My personal approach to evogen hunting, particularly when looking for an attacking minded player, is to search for players with high technique (17 or above) and sort by age. The young players with very high technique will generally be good evogens.

However, bear in mind the Potential Ability stripping that I discovered in FMH2014, which still seems to be very much in place in FMM16. See here for full details.

You will start to see a lot of pretty terrible players with high technique once you get a decent way into a career.

Yes, really poor Stamina :( 

Thanks for your comment and for your post on FMH2014 evogens, that is quite brilliant :) 
I'll try to work on players the same way !

Another question.

David de Gea retired and 3 months after that, no new goalkeeper spawned. Does that mean no de Gea evogen ever?

Just now, Adrien said:

Another question.

David de Gea retired and 3 months after that, no new goalkeeper spawned. Does that mean no de Gea evogen ever?

It is around 3 months, could be a bit later.

4 minutes ago, Creeper69 said:

Totti retired and 2 seasons after that, there isn't a Totti regen.

There probably is, you have just missed him or he has changed a lot.

15 hours ago, Dec said:

There probably is, you have just missed him or he has changed a lot.

Or His PA passed onto another player? 

For @Creeper69:

Remember as said in the post

- Can Change Position

- Can Change Nationality 

- Can be any age between 15 and 23

Chances are he's Italy's new star striker though.

Edited by M4cc4n4

Are all new players Evogens? For example, in season 15 there are around 20-25 Argentine strikers who are all international standard; Max Romero is the only original player the rest are new. I can think of quite a few players that could be realistic candidates for these players but not 20 – does the game know that good strikers come out of Argentina so “conjure” these up themselves and when combined with the evogens this creates an overflow of Argentine strikers?

If not all players are evogens, does that mean original players could just disappear? Have SI pre-selected players who are of a sufficient quality who will evo(?!) as SI know they will be mined buy the majority of players? (part of the fun, for me anyway)

I guess my real query is whether the dominant geographical landscape can change – does the game create anomalies such as George Weah/Georgie Hagi/George Best that make a small nation more powerful? (tip, if you come from a small non-footballing country, call your kid George and they’ll have a better chance of being a footballer)

All new players are evogens but there are some hidden due to the algorithm changes. All players do evogen though.

Not too sure on the geographical anomalies, normally them types of players like Drogba evogen to Holland and such.

Right, OK, I’ve often wondered about this. So in order for say Bulgaria to repeat their success of the early nineties they’d need an algorithm change of (hyperthetically) Suarez to Bulgarian to replicate Stoichkov, Robben for Letchkov and for Sneijder for Balakov. You might get one of these (or equivalent standard) but it’s highly unlikely you’ll get 2 or 3+.

1 minute ago, Joewins said:

Right, OK, I’ve often wondered about this. So in order for say Bulgaria to repeat their success of the early nineties they’d need an algorithm change of (hyperthetically) Suarez to Bulgarian to replicate Stoichkov, Robben for Letchkov and for Sneijder for Balakov. You might get one of these (or equivalent standard) but it’s highly unlikely you’ll get 2 or 3+.

Yes that is correct UNLESS you are managing them or in that nation. That skews it a bit.