Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Key Attributes for Each Player Role

Dec

Each player role will have primary attributes and secondary attributes, a primary attribute should be be very high and secondary be high (e.g. 15+ and 10+ for top teams though obviously the more 20s they have in these attributes will be desired.)

Player role Primary Attributes Secondary Attributes
Goalkeeper Aerial, Agility, Handling, Reflexes, Communication, Kicking, Decisions,Throwing, Positioning, Teamwork, Pace
Sweeper Keeper Agility, Handling, Reflexes,Kicking, Positioning, Pace Aerial, Communication, Throwing, Decisions Teamwork
Sweeper Decisions, Positioning, Stamina Aerial, Tackling, Pace
Limited Defender Aerial, Tackling, Decisions Aggression, Positioning, Strength
Central Defender Aerial, Tackling, Decisions, Positioning, Strength Aggression, Teamwork
Ball Playing Defender Passing, Tackling, Decisions Aerial, Technique, Positioning
Full Back Dribbling, Tackling, Stamina Aerial, Passing, Decisions, Movement, Positioning
Wing Back Crossing, Dribbling, Tackling, Decisions, Stamina Technique, Movement, Positioning, Teamwork, Pace
Deep Lying Playmaker Passing, Decisions, Teamwork Tackling, Technique, Creativity, Positioning
Ball Winning Midfielder Tackling, Aggression, Strength Dribbling, Decisions, Positioning, Teamwork, Stamina
Central Midfielder Passing, Decisions, Teamwork Technique, Movement, Positioning
Box To Box Midfielder Shooting, Tackling, Stamina Passing, Decisions, Movement, Positioning, Teamwork
Advanced Playmaker Passing, Creativity, Decisions, Teamwork Technique, Movement
Inside Forward Dribbling, Movement Passing, Shooting, Technique, Decisions, Teamwork
Defensive Winger Dribbling, Tackling, Decisions, Stamina Crossing, Movement, Positioning, Teamwork, Pace
Wide Midfielder Dribbling, Passing, Teamwork Technique, Movement, Positioning
Winger Dribbling, Crossing Technique, Movement, Pace
Defensive Forward Tackling, Decisions, Stamina Shooting, Passing, Movement, Teamwork
Deep Lying Forward Passing, Movement, Teamwork Dribbling, Shooting, Technique
Poacher Shooting,Movement Decisions
Advanced Forward Dribbling, Shooting, Movement, Stamina Passing, Technique, Decisions
Target Man Aerial, Shooting, Strength Aggression, Decisions, Teamwork
Complete Forward Shooting, Decisions, Movement Dribbling, Aerial, Technique, Teamwork, Pace, Strength
Trequartista Creativity, Decisions, Movement Dribbling, Passing, Technique, Teamwork, Stamina

hello, Dec!

is this officially confirmed list?

in FMH2015 somewhere around 2025 some of the best poachers in the world have very low teamwork, and some have both teamwork AND pace bellow 10!

also, I continually get higher grades and coches report for players with skills around 14-16 than for 18-19 all around (those five poacher's skills, but similar for advanced playmaking for instance)

1 minute ago, mikan said:

hello, Dec!

is this officially confirmed list?

in FMH2015 somewhere around 2025 some of the best poachers in the world have very low teamwork, and some have both teamwork AND pace bellow 10!

also, I continually get higher grades and coches report for players with skills around 14-16 than for 18-19 all around (those five poacher's skills, but similar for advanced playmaking for instance)

Not official, just my opinions. Though be aware players who want to be poachers may not be and these are for the best players. Poachers in my opinion should have Teamwork though pace shouldn't be in there.

Dec, I'm not saying you're wrong... I'm sure you put a lot of work into that list. it might be another bug like stamina bug?

as I already said, I also have AMC player in advanced playmaker role with all six attributes 18-20 who play considerably worse than other 15-16 players.

I'm aware there are hidden attributes, but still wondering if something is wrong.

On ‎2015‎年‎11‎月‎19‎日 at 14:00, mikan said:

Dec, I'm not saying you're wrong... I'm sure you put a lot of work into that list. it might be another bug like stamina bug?

as I already said, I also have AMC player in advanced playmaker role with all six attributes 18-20 who play considerably worse than other 15-16 players.

I'm aware there are hidden attributes, but still wondering if something is wrong.

Hi, mikan, I believe besides these attributes on player profile page, there are some hidding attributes for players, such as "consistency"... which will impact player performance, too.

Despite the logical accuracy, there could be a few mistakes on this list but I just may have the perfect solution to this. Create a player, in the "my club mode", with 5 star current ability, taking note of his tactical role, at an age of where the desired position is at the peak of their performance (e.g, for strikers I say it's about when they're 26-31). Then look at the statistics that are the highest. Chances are, the game would automatically spread the player's ability to what is most important for him to have and then it'll be easy to depict what attributes really are primary and secondary. I'm not quite sure if you'll understand what I mean though. 

2 hours ago, T33_JAY said:

Despite the logical accuracy, there could be a few mistakes on this list but I just may have the perfect solution to this. Create a player, in the "my club mode", with 5 star current ability, taking note of his tactical role, at an age of where the desired position is at the peak of their performance (e.g, for strikers I say it's about when they're 26-31). Then look at the statistics that are the highest. Chances are, the game would automatically spread the player's ability to what is most important for him to have and then it'll be easy to depict what attributes really are primary and secondary. I'm not quite sure if you'll understand what I mean though. 

I understand you but MyClub doesn't work like that as it gives random high attributes for non-technical.

46 minutes ago, Dec said:

I understand you but MyClub doesn't work like that as it gives random high attributes for non-technical.

Not really. Random attributes are included but it can be seen that primary attributes are included as well. Especially if the player is created at an age when it would generally seen for the player of that position to be at his best. That's why I used the term depiction. For example, one of the faults in the list is that your complete forwards don't have aggression as primary or secondary attribute. 

Edited by T33_JAY
14 minutes ago, T33_JAY said:

Not really. Random attributes are included but it can be seen that primary attributes are included as well. Especially if the player is created at an age when it would generally seen for the player of that position to be at his best. That's why I used the term depiction. For example, one of the faults in the list is that your complete forwards don't have aggression as primary or secondary attribute. 

I think  attacker no need much agresion... If low stamina but high aggresiin and pace. stamina easy to gonegone

1 hour ago, citra sukma said:

I think  attacker no need much agresion... If low stamina but high aggresiin and pace. stamina easy to gonegone

Well you should know that 4 out of the 5 best "complete forwards" have aggression 15 and above. I'm not just talking about attackers in general. You do know that I'm referring to a specific tactical role right?

49 minutes ago, T33_JAY said:

Well you should know that 4 out of the 5 best "complete forwards" have aggression 15 and above. I'm not just talking about attackers in general. You do know that I'm referring to a specific tactical role right?

Aggression is a random attribute and an example of why yours wouldn't work. A complete forward doesn't really need it as he does a bit of everything, he could be a poacher one minute and not need it. While it will help with good decisions it isn't core for an attacking player role. It is noted that Aggression is good for winning the ball back and going toe to toe in 50/50s. I wouldn't say either of these are essential for a striker of any role - maybe deep lying forward for pressing is the only one.

1 hour ago, Dec said:

Aggression is a random attribute and an example of why yours wouldn't work. A complete forward doesn't really need it as he does a bit of everything, he could be a poacher one minute and not need it. While it will help with good decisions it isn't core for an attacking player role. It is noted that Aggression is good for winning the ball back and going toe to toe in 50/50s. I wouldn't say either of these are essential for a striker of any role - maybe deep lying forward for pressing is the only one.

Well we all got our views but shouldn't a "complete forward" have all the technical and mental abilities of all other striking roles. The game didn't make Suarez(17Aggr), Lewandoski(17Aggr), Muller(18Aggr) and Tevez(15Aggr) have an aggression of 15 and above for no reason plus these are the few complete forwards in the game. Don't you think the game manufacturers know what they're doing? Just a thought to feed on. 

1 hour ago, T33_JAY said:

Well we all got our views but shouldn't a "complete forward" have all the technical and mental abilities of all other striking roles. The game didn't make Suarez(17Aggr), Lewandoski(17Aggr), Muller(18Aggr) and Tevez(15Aggr) have an aggression of 15 and above for no reason plus these are the few complete forwards in the game. Don't you think the game manufacturers know what they're doing? Just a thought to feed on. 

I don't think the game works in the recommended role aspect no. I have seen Kevin Volland (17 shooting) have the defensive winger recommended role. Would you say that is right? This is just all my opinion and you are entitled to your own but I have never heard anyone grumble about this before. 

In FM2009 someone else made a guide for this role and didn't include aggression either http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/players/9258-key-attributes-players.html

2 hours ago, Dec said:

I don't think the game works in the recommended role aspect no. I have seen Kevin Volland (17 shooting) have the defensive winger recommended role. Would you say that is right? This is just all my opinion and you are entitled to your own but I have never heard anyone grumble about this before. 

In FM2009 someone else made a guide for this role and didn't include aggression either http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/players/9258-key-attributes-players.html

Nobody's grumbling man. Just telling you my observations. I've seen that piece of "information" by the way. Really doesn't move me; probably another one of those highly decorated FM websites that are still liable to errors just like the hypothesis I've just come up with.

1 hour ago, T33_JAY said:

Nobody's grumbling man. Just telling you my observations. I've seen that piece of "information" by the way. Really doesn't move me; probably another one of those highly decorated FM websites that are still liable to errors just like the hypothesis I've just come up with.

Thanks means a lot for that. Not exactly liable to errors. I have given more than enough reasons as to why I believe you are wrong. It is interesting but cannot be used to justify anything, where as many have used this and had good success with it as a guideline.

3 players that debunk your theory - Costa and Rooney (20 and 17) both not complete forwards. Aguero (10) is a complete forward.

Edit; just loaded MyClub. 10 complete forwards all of maximum ability. 1 with 15 aggression. 2 with 14. 3 with orange (6-10). The rest were mainly 10 or 11. It isn't vital. 

3 hours ago, Dec said:

Thanks means a lot for that. Not exactly liable to errors. I have given more than enough reasons as to why I believe you are wrong. It is interesting but cannot be used to justify anything, where as many have used this and had good success with it as a guideline.

3 players that debunk your theory - Costa and Rooney (20 and 17) both not complete forwards. Aguero (10) is a complete forward.

Edit; just loaded MyClub. 10 complete forwards all of maximum ability. 1 with 15 aggression. 2 with 14. 3 with orange (6-10). The rest were mainly 10 or 11. It isn't vital. 

Well I made their ages 28,29,30 ( This is the age where most strikers are at their peak) all of them 14,14 and 17. I didn't say a player that isn't a complete forward can't be aggressive- Flawed point. Aguero and Cavani have 10 and 11 the rest of the main 4 complete forwards in the game have 15,17,17,18- Flawed point. I wasn't saying it should be vital but it was looking more like a secondary attribute to me from the start. 

Edited by T33_JAY
13 minutes ago, T33_JAY said:

Well I made their ages 28,29,30 ( This is the age where most strikers are at their peak) all of them 14,14 and 17. I didn't say a player that isn't a complete forward can't be aggressive- Flawed point. Aguero and Cavani have 10 and 11 the rest of the main 4 complete forwards in the game have 15,17,17,18- Flawed point. I wasn't saying it should be vital but it was looking more like a secondary attribute to me from the start. 

However I did tests at 25 to 26 and the majority had orange. Players don't grow in aggression. It is a natural one so therefore the game doesn't rate it else they would all be high. Also in your view the game assigns the best roles based on attributes so in this case why do many players not have high aggression for that role and/or have high and not have that role when all their other attributes fit? Your point is flawed more than mine. Thanks for your feedback but I am not discussing this further as I see no need. Thanks again 

1 hour ago, Dec said:

However I did tests at 25 to 26 and the majority had orange. Players don't grow in aggression. It is a natural one so therefore the game doesn't rate it else they would all be high. Also in your view the game assigns the best roles based on attributes so in this case why do many players not have high aggression for that role and/or have high and not have that role when all their other attributes fit? Your point is flawed more than mine. Thanks for your feedback but I am not discussing this further as I see no need. Thanks again 

No problem man. I see no point in continuing either as what is being said is making no form of cohesion to me. Good job in all, great to see articles like this everyone and then.

26 minutes ago, T33_JAY said:

No problem man. I see no point in continuing either as what is being said is making no form of cohesion to me. Good job in all, great to see articles like this everyone and then.

Are you kidding? No form of cohesion? OK then mate. Despite simulating what you told me to and yielding results you didn't find and then testing your other and again finding big gaps in that too there is no form of cohesion? Also researching what others have said on the subject to find they said similar. No offence mate but I have spent the time testing what you said and when the best are rated so low in the attribute it means it shouldn't be on this list as it doesn't qualify. While there are examples of players having it - aggression in particular is a trait attribute not a growth one or indication of skill, there are plenty of examples to debunk you.

8 hours ago, Dec said:

Are you kidding? No form of cohesion? OK then mate. Despite simulating what you told me to and yielding results you didn't find and then testing your other and again finding big gaps in that too there is no form of cohesion? Also researching what others have said on the subject to find they said similar. No offence mate but I have spent the time testing what you said and when the best are rated so low in the attribute it means it shouldn't be on this list as it doesn't qualify. While there are examples of players having it - aggression in particular is a trait attribute not a growth one or indication of skill, there are plenty of examples to debunk you.

Waiting on one.

20 hours ago, Dec said:

No need, given you several.

Poachers don't dribble, they wait in the box to tap the ball in from passes.

The usual mentality. Well you're wrong as I expected. Poachers do more than just that tap the ball in from passes. Apart from incredible finishing they require, they do perform dribbles and great movements in the 18 yard box. The idea that poachers need pace is something I've come over in only FM actually. Poachers mainly operate in the box. For dribbling, the best poachers in the game have good and decent dribbling stats at the beginning and even 10 years from then. So you should consider.

58 minutes ago, T33_JAY said:

The usual mentality. Well you're wrong as I expected. Poachers do more than just that tap the ball in from passes. Apart from incredible finishing they require, they do perform dribbles and great movements in the 18 yard box. The idea that poachers need pace is something I've come over in only FM actually. Poachers mainly operate in the box. For dribbling, the best poachers in the game have good and decent dribbling stats at the beginning and even 10 years from then. So you should consider.

I am done with you. Even though I have proved you are conclusively wrong you are still going on. I would advise if yoi know so much then you write some content. Thanks.