Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The 1000 Goal Challenge

Ashez

The 1000 Goal Challenge

The Same Challenge But A New Host

I'm sure you all know about this challenge by now but Scott has asked me to host it for this year so here i am   :D.

The Rules

• You can manage any club in any league
  • Player can be real or regen
  • No preferences/unlockables
  • No uses of text changes, save editor or IGE at all
  • No cheating - Restarting to avoid injuries counts as cheating!!
  • International goals count, but only the ones scored in game. So real life goals the player starts on don't count.
  • You have to earn international management, so you can not start with it.
  • A career can be posted but screenshots are needed as evidence.
  • If requested you must upload your save so we can check no cheating has taken place via the save editor, failure to do this will result in you being rejected from the leader board.
  • Own formations only
  • SI databases only
  • No Myclub or created players

Sunny and myself also wrote a guide on how to go about this challenge which can be found here: http://fmhvibe.co.uk...goal-challenge/

Leaderboards

Member: Risheek
Player: Kelechi Iheanacho 
Clubs: FCP
Games Played: 857
Goals Scored: 1062

I'm giving the 1000 goal challenge a go with SLB and Pavon (still first season) and whilst he's scoring a truck load it's not at the required rate just yet and i think i may need to tinker with my formation. This could be getting ahead of myself but i was was toying with going for the big 2000 and bringing in Breel Embolo - normally gets transfer listed after a season on my saves (still always ends up mustard) but on this save he's 18 and scored 30 goals already for Basel and it's January. I cleared out almost everyone at the start of the season except a few youngsters i think might end up ok... It's amazing who you can get on the cheap by part-exing plus the big clubs gave me big money for Salvio and Gaitan. I don't know how to do screen shots but my team is below (EME), i think in two-three years and a couple of midfield upgrades it will be the bees-kness.

Pavon (Poacher)

Chavez (IF)                                                                        Guedes (Wing)

Meli (BBM) Samaris (DLP)

Cubas (BWM)

Gaya (WB)        Romagnoli (CB)             Stones (CB)             Semedo (WB)

Rulli (GK)

Attacking, Short, Committed, Pressing and the rest mixed.

Can any one point me in the right direction for a decent tactic for reaching 1000 or even the big 2k?

Fair-dos - I know i'm wasting Guedes as he doesn't get much ball time as a winger and i've had IFs playing in that same position behind a front two in a skewed 4-1-2-1-2 giving a fantastic return before, i just don't know how to get a nailed on goal scoring machine.

I've always been able to get a good spread in terms of team goals but not since Ruud Van Nistlerooy and Emile Mpenza in front of Veron have seen i been able to get more than 45 out of a striker.

Just out of interest, does restarting at the beginning of a transfer window count as cheating? I've stopped before playing the first game of the season but have made some unwise decisions in pre-season.

I've always said no to any forms of reloading as any door open and people will run through it. Personally I would say replaying a window is on iffy ground as you should live with the decisions you've made. The signings you make and the squad you build is apart of the challenge after all. 

3 hours ago, DaB said:

I've seen this somewhere though, maybe wrong, I don't know 

That's for the TT and DT challenges. 

I'm about to start one where i'm using both my striker and IF to see who can get there first I'm also going to use Arsenal in the EPL (which i know is tough)

I have also singed Raheem Sterling as my IF and using Welbeck as my striker as i want to eventually manage England and use these two there to boost there Taly's 

SI = Sports Interactive - The people that make FMM. 

Only official databases can be used, so none created on Vibe (like our update) or edited by yourself. 

Yea it's about time I give this ago, in your opinion @Ashez brazil/Portugal  leagues are the best due to the lack of quality from some of the teams? Even thou top teams in the prem play more games than most!

Got a player in mind but as he is already 20 is it a bit mission impossible?

Portugal seems to be most people's destination of choice, tbh I think Portugal is the best option. Rich enough to keep most players, easy games most the time and generally a fun league. 

No not at all, many people have used older players. It just comes down to how well you do etc. 

Hey this is my first post/reply I'm new to vibe and have really enjoyed looking through it, as it has really helped me a lot! 

Im starting to think about going for the 1k goal challenge as recently I started a new career and I think I've found a hidden gem as I haven't seen anything about him! For me at the end of my first season he ended up with 70 goals and he's only 23! 

I was hoping I could get some advice if I should go for it or not? 

Thanks.

Hard to say without more information but that's a very solid start! Could be tight as you have 12 years to get what's needed but if he improves and ITN is an option it's possible. I'd say continue playing! 

Why do most people seem to go for the OME over the EME for this challenge?

i am fairly new to FMM so apologies for my ignorance but I would be very grateful to know the difference relative to this challenge.

thanks in advance

58 minutes ago, Massey127 said:

Why do most people seem to go for the OME over the EME for this challenge?

i am fairly new to FMM so apologies for my ignorance but I would be very grateful to know the difference relative to this challenge.

thanks in advance

I have never used ome but I'm noticing a trend that ome seems to be bringing in much higher goal ratios so it seems that's the way forward on this challenge.

On OME are players attributes and in some cases positions different or is it purely just down to the way the games are processed?