Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dec

Player Discussion Thread

Players are the bread and butter of Football Manager Mobile 2016. We love finding a great performer or moaning about those we anticipate to perform. Well here is the thread to do that. 

• This is replacing iScout but without the guides, if you wish to recommend players please do so, they don't have to be long or in depth.
  • If you want to post something longer please do so in the chat section. Whether this is a long guide recommending one player and showing his progress or a list of any kind (for one club, on a theme or just your favourite players).
  • Try and include photos when you are talking about a player if you can, this will help us see better and discuss him with you.
  • This thread can be used to ask questions about players such as but not limited to: "How does Martin Odegaard grow?" or "I can sign Lionel Messi for £100m at Chelsea in 2015, worth it?" or "Any players for Bayern to sign? I have £30m and I am looking for a back up striker and young first team left winger?".

I feel like Hakim Ziyech should have better starting stats (crossing and shooting specifically which are now 14 and 13 respectively). These are his goals/assists since 2013.

2013/2014:
28 apps, 9 goals / 9 assists

2014/2015 (FC Twente ended 10th in the league)
31 apps, 11 goals / 16 assists (27 goals/assists total just like Memphis Depay who had 22 goals and 5 assists)
goal/assist every 100 minutes

This season:
12 apps, 7 goals / 4 assists
goal/assist every 97 minutes

Those are excellent numbers and I feel he's the real deal.

Name: Federico Bonazzoli

Value: £58M

Position: Striker

Italian: 46 caps/ 47 goals

17/18: Played 61, Scored 49, 8 Assists

18/19: Played 53, Scored 51, 8 Assists

19/20: Played 53, Scored 41, 8 Assists

Key Stats: 17 Crossing, 19 Dribbling, 15 Passing, 19 Shooting, 18 Decisions, 20 Movement, 16 Stamina and 20 Strength. Rest of the stats are all 10+ with the exception of Leadership which is 9.

This guy is a legend for my club and you guys should definitely use him.

Overall, great player.

Edited by YoloTwice
6 minutes ago, YoloTwice said:

Name: Fedrico Bonzolli

Value: £58M

Position: Striker

Italian: 46 caps/ 47 goals

17/18: Played 61, Scored 49, 8 Assists

18/19: Played 53, Scored 51, 8 Assists

19/20: Played 53, Scored 41, 8 Assists

Key Stats: 17 Crossing, 19 Dribbling, 15 Passing, 19 Shooting, 18 Decisions, 20 Movement, 16 Stamina and 20 Strength. Rest of the stats are all 10+ with the exception of Leadership which is 9.

This guy is a legend for my club and you guys should definitely use him.

Overall, great player.

When did his history start? Seems like an evogen.

Bonazzoli arrived at Inter at the age of 7. On 18 May 2014, Bonazzoli made his senior debut against Chievo Verona as a substitute for Rubén Botta in the 85th minute of a 1–2 away defeat on the last day of the Serie A season.[6] He became the second youngest footballer to play in Serie A for Inter aged 16 years, 11 months and 27 days, 17 days older than Massimo Pellegrini, who debuted in 1982.[4]

On 2 February 2015, he signed for fellow league team Sampdoria but would remain at Inter on loan until the end of the season

ya sure a real one

Franco di Santo - (FC)

Bought him from Wolfsburg to Arsenal in my first season for a mere £12.5m, but relatively high wages (75k/wk)

Pros: Green offensive stats, but 14 creativity.

Cons: Mid-tier clubs and below might not be able to afford his wages or he's not interested in transfer at all. :'(

Overall it's like finding a really cheap Lewandowski. :)

lwcDS.png

Mário Fernandes - (D/WB R)

Bought from CSKA Moscow for £10m + Debuchy (£4.5m I think), high wage yet again, sorry people!

Pros: Messi-esque dribbling, AMAZING offensive AND defensive stats, decent aerial and strength!

Cons: High wage, might not get work permit.

lwfyo.png

Edited by Leo

Can't remember how much I bought Jorge for... I left Manchester United two seasons after buying him to manage England nationally (although I've now reverted to that previous save because it was way too tragic - just wanted to achieve u lockable nations). But yeah, this is the beast he developed into & now fortunately I have him back. Got him for under 10 mil I remember that much! 

image.jpg

Why Jonny Hayes deserves an upgrade

Name: Jonny Hayes

Team/Nation: Aberdeen/Ireland

Hayes is a player that has been performing very week and has been a star for Aberdeen along with Niall McGinn. Hayes provides amazing crosses which normally lead to goals or quality chances. 

Pace and Winger Ability

Every weekend Scottish football fans witness this little man's electric pace. He's one of the fastest in Scotland and deserves at least 17 pace. He can beat players with his skill too. He's normally is very confident and needs and upgrade in crossing roughly 15 and the same for dribbling. Apart from that the rest I agree with so I wonder when he'll ever get his deserved upgrade. He's been due it for at least a year now so let's hope SI give him an upgrade.

Thank you for reading and maybe you could try make something like this about a player at your club.

Xj5fdjo.jpg

1 hour ago, Condo said:

Can't remember how much I bought Jorge for... I left Manchester United two seasons after buying him to manage England nationally (although I've now reverted to that previous save because it was way too tragic - just wanted to achieve u lockable nations). But yeah, this is the beast he developed into & now fortunately I have him back. Got him for under 10 mil I remember that much! 

image.jpg

I've signed him up as a backup to Luke Shaw - on your recommendation. Out of interest, how does Shaw compare?

@Leo

Franco di Santo was great last year and he looks just as good this year. He is one of my strikers in a front 2, and already has 8 goals in 6 games.

Fernandes was without question my favourite right back last year. To be honest I actually forgot about him this year, so thanks for the reminder :)

Edited by DutchTony
4 hours ago, Leo said:

Franco di Santo - (FC)

Bought him from Wolfsburg to Arsenal in my first season for a mere £12.5m, but relatively high wages (75k/wk)

Pros: Green offensive stats, but 14 creativity.

Cons: Mid-tier clubs and below might not be able to afford his wages or he's not interested in transfer at all. :'(

Overall it's like finding a really cheap Lewandowski. :)

lwcDS.png

Mário Fernandes - (D/WB R)

Bought from CSKA Moscow for £10m + Debuchy (£4.5m I think), high wage yet again, sorry people!

Pros: Messi-esque dribbling, AMAZING offensive AND defensive stats, decent aerial and strength!

Cons: High wage, might not get work permit.

lwfyo.png

Di Santo was in Schalke at the start of the game. He's really a beast, scored 59 goals in a season for me in Schalke and help me to win the league as well.

Anyone know what leagues need to be loaded to get Roberto Carlos in the game?

I've got England, Italy, Spain and Germany loaded but he's not there.

4 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Anyone know what leagues need to be loaded to get Roberto Carlos in the game?

I've got England, Italy, Spain and Germany loaded but he's not there.

Roberto carlos is retired, he is with delhi dynamoes as a manager.

3 minutes ago, Latinized said:

Roberto carlos is retired, he is with delhi dynamoes as a manager.

He is player/manager. I didn't know that myself until I saw him on Decs recent evogen list.

8 hours ago, fmhaberdeenfan said:

@Condo He looks like a beast. How many goals and assists has he got each season for you?

His average rating last season was 7.43, only 4 goals and 5 assists but for a left back the goal tally isn't too bad. I think he's performing better defensively at the moment but only time will tell!

7 hours ago, Matthew said:

I've signed him up as a backup to Luke Shaw - on your recommendation. Out of interest, how does Shaw compare?

I retrained both of them into playing RB & basically used them both. If push comes to shove though I have chose Jorge for LB as he copes with intensive training better. Both excellent though. I'd say Jorge is seems better at defending & Shaw a bit more on the attacking side of things (currently)

1 hour ago, Condo said:

I retrained both of them into playing RB & basically used them both. If push comes to shove though I have chose Jorge for LB as he copes with intensive training better. Both excellent though. I'd say Jorge is seems better at defending & Shaw a bit more on the attacking side of things (currently)

I'm currently retraining Shaw to be a midfielder and will eventually do so so he can be an attacking midfielder. Or I could sell him off for ridiculous money :P His mental stats are crazy. How does his leadership get that high?!

1 hour ago, Matthew said:

I'm currently retraining Shaw to be a midfielder and will eventually do so so he can be an attacking midfielder. Or I could sell him off for ridiculous money :P His mental stats are crazy. How does his leadership get that high?!

Haha! Keep him. He can definitely play in a few different positions!

7 hours ago, DutchTony said:

He is player/manager. I didn't know that myself until I saw him on Decs recent evogen list.

I'd be surprised if he made it into the FMM database which is a shame. If you happen to find him let me know though :) 

10 hours ago, Matthew said:

Just for the record Jorge is one of those wonder kids whose potential varies from save to save so fingers crossed his potential ability is high on your save!

I brought him in on loan in the second season as I, once again, failed to bring in a proper Wing Back on the left side and Luke Shaw does get injured quite often, unfortunately. He's an incredible player. I'll post mine in here once I manage to get a screenshot

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I'd be surprised if he made it into the FMM database which is a shame. If you happen to find him let me know though :) 

He would probably come up with Brazil only. I'll test it in a bit and report back :) 

Here's a recommendation for you lower league managers.

I've just finished my first full season managing Forest Green in the Vanarama National League and finished joint on top, second on goal difference, before gaining promotion through the Play Offs. My best performer by a long way was Kurtis Guthrie, who has fairly impressive attributes for a young Conference player and scored a tonne of goals finishing player of the year. Here are his attributes at the end of the season. He improved a little, but his starting attributes are impressive enough.

Screenshot_2015-11-26-14-40-15.thumb.png

And here are his end of season statistics. Can't really fault his goalscoring record. I had him playing as a poacher with a winger and an inside forward out wide, then three in the middle with one playing defensive midfield.

Screenshot_2015-11-26-14-39-58.thumb.png

The only negatives I would have are that he went through spells where he was 'overconfident' and had a couple of droughts where he would get 6's for two or  three games in a row. But all in all a great player for the lower leagues in my experience.

5 hours ago, mo_rp said:

Here's a recommendation for you lower league managers.

I've just finished my first full season managing Forest Green in the Vanarama National League and finished joint on top, second on goal difference, before gaining promotion through the Play Offs. My best performer by a long way was Kurtis Guthrie, who has fairly impressive attributes for a young Conference player and scored a tonne of goals finishing player of the year. Here are his attributes at the end of the season. He improved a little, but his starting attributes are impressive enough.

Screenshot_2015-11-26-14-40-15.thumb.png

And here are his end of season statistics. Can't really fault his goalscoring record. I had him playing as a poacher with a winger and an inside forward out wide, then three in the middle with one playing defensive midfield.

Screenshot_2015-11-26-14-39-58.thumb.png

The only negatives I would have are that he went through spells where he was 'overconfident' and had a couple of droughts where he would get 6's for two or  three games in a row. But all in all a great player for the lower leagues in my experience.

Going from 8 goals in the league to 44, looks like he did a Harry Kane! Good find, nonetheless. How much was he valued at at the start of the season?