Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sort it out SI

billy2shots

Today I would like to make a plea to SI.

I know I'm not alone in my thoughts and I sincerely hope others will back me up with the intention of getting SI to sit up and take notice.

So what's the issue?

I'm sick to the back teeth of constantly pressing 'continue' and having to wade through countless news report items that have nothing to do with me, my team or my country.

As an Englishman playing in France with no Bosnian players, I have absolutely zero interest in knowing that Bosnia have just qualified for the Euros. Things like this are just clogging up the news feed and slowing things down.

Something else that is slowing the game down for no reason is the laughable feedback you get post match. Yes it does relate to your team but it has no place being in the game. It's just made up nonsense that is completely fabricated and doesn't work.

Here I play Gelsenkirchen and had to rely on 'superior' finishing. That suggests a tight game with a level amount of chances but I won as my players displayed 'superior' finishing.

fbGZrK1.png

The reality is I just outplayed them and beat them by sheer weight of chances not superior finishing at all.

sU8bBXm.png

Next we have reports of a poor performance.

VO8fq3o.png

OK so as Bayern, my team were lackluster and 'disappointing' away against Lazio.

bzu9Pmq.png

Tight scoreline yes due to the loveable match engine but I would say that's a decent away performance.

Now the one that keeps popping up on my news feed. The message that made me laugh at first but is now getting so annoying I felt I had to start this thread.

ljA9A7d.png

So Mainz miss a hatful of chances and Bayern were 'Lucky'

sk9yH5z.png

In what universe were Mainz wasteful? They had 5 total shots with 4 on target. They scored 3!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion they haven't missed a 'hatful' they have scored at an obscene rate. It's the complete opposite to what the news feed is reporting.

So my two points are.

- International news feed comments need a redesign to only show comments that relate to you the manager, your players or your nationality.

- These pathetic post match comments need to be scrapped. They have zero importance in the game.

Whilst I appreciate some players play FMM because they can't afford to buy  full fat FM or they haven't got a PC to play it, the vast majority choose to play FMM for speed and convenience. Clogging up news feeds with pointless stories has no place in FMM and I can't see anyone who finds these two issues beneficial.

So I'm asking for people to support my views in streamlining this area. My hope is if enough people agree that these features are not needed then SI will take note and scrap them making for a far quicker and more enjoyable game.

i dont really mind things like the international updates, its just a bit of content. Although i agree the "game summaries" seem to be totally random.

I beat Bayern Munich 3-1 in the Champions league playing as spurs in 2018 and it said "spurs avoid potential banana skin" ..... really???

SI should hire this lad! He speaks total sense! Oh wait we've been saying it for years! 

Every year a new feature is mentioned relating to the news feed and it's always nothing. The ITN could be one message linking to all the teams or something. 

im not sure weather i want this game anymore, more days go by there seems to be more issues, by the time the update is out the average rating on the play store will be under 4.0..kinda woeful for a £7 app

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

SI should hire this lad! He speaks total sense! Oh wait we've been saying it for years! 

Every year a new feature is mentioned relating to the news feed and it's always nothing. The ITN could be one message linking to all the teams or something. 

Thats why I think we need to do more than mention it. We need to almost petition SI to remove some things. 

Ok the ITN stuff may interest a very few but the post match comment that doesn't even work is 100% pointless. EVEN if it worked well and was a true representation of the match what is the point? We just played the fricking match, we know how it went. 

The ONLY time it would be needed is if you could just generate the result. Then and only then do we need accurate feedback. Not that I support instant results for the record. 

Totally agree with everything above. If SI could also sort out the 'restoring transactions' bug that would also be much appreciated.

It's starting to wind me up every time I lock my phone with the game running, then unlock it a moment after, I get the message saying something about a lavish ceremony for achieving my gold coaching badge.

It sounds like nothing but so many times every day is irritating!

I hate the post match rubbish, only worthwhile with in game viewing. It also doesn't represent the entire match, start with something normal formation wise and end with something wacky, the report will comment on the wacky and not everything before. 

Right to clarify a few things as I did the pitch for this idea and prepped it.

• While it isn't perfect I know it is being worked on and it has been noted several times that it is.
  • This took no time away from game development. I can assure you of that. I am not sure how much more I can say but FMM has FM on PC.
  • This is not a pointless feature, it makes the game a lot more immersive than "Post match coach report" which you know no one read. The fact you are reading them proves this.

Thanks,
Dec

Dec, I'm not reading them because they are useless. I have to click past them in the news feed. 

With that and pointless ITN news I'm endlessly clicking continue. I had to continue 10 times a minute ago to get to something that has something to do with me, my team or my nationality. 

Mad for 'not perfect'.  Have you looked at the screenshots above. They are bloody made up. Not just a little wrong but hopelessly wrong. 

I feel sorry for the players that endlessly change tactics because of the feedback they recieve . 

Edited by billy2shots
4 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Dec, I'm not reading them because they are useless. I have to click past them in the news feed. 

With that and pointless ITN news I'm endlessly clicking continue. I had to continue 10 times a minute ago to get to something that has something to do with me, my team or my nationality. 

Totally concur, the concept isn't useless. Maybe they have just been poorly implemented but if SI have said they are looking into it and I personally know who is then they will. I have complained about International News already.

We've, especially you Dec have moaned about the news feed for years and it goes in one ear and out the other. 

I actually miss the slideshow of past games as it was easier to get through the slides. Maybe the fact I kept calling the game a slideshow made them change the feature lol. 

I have spoken with Alex who implemented this and he has said he is working on it. I trust him to do this.

Billy can you next to make the title more relevant. Thanks 

I see Arsenal still switch Mertesacker to AMC half way through the game - just like last year.

Also saw Andy Carroll playing at LCB, then 10 minutes later he was switched to RCB, then a while later he was switched to DM.

As DT, I'm seeing all kinds of weird and wonderful bull crap. Porto are constantly the worst offenders playing attackers at full back and poachers as CM. Plenty complained last year but looks unchanged. Sigh

The game is a joke to be honest there are many things that a total waste of time on this year's edition,  16 seems too have more bugs than my daughters nursery.

The speed of the EME has improved greatly but it is far to inconsistent, there is minimal realism on FMM16 I average around 20 shots per game but my goals to game ratio is just over 1, I know that your not always going to score every shot but come on.

Pointless things on EME

• Processing subs

Processes at half time

That is just a couple of things,

I also have goal keepers that decide to move out the way on a 1V1 situation!

Logo bug that has been active since 14, game doesn't load sometimes,

So all in all that is just a few bugs that I have encountered and not bad for £6.99 hey?!

I also have coaches that only coach a third of my team, for me it's just like 15 but with a few more bugs and a new skin, but SI won't listen to anyone's views as they don't make the game for Vibe, there is thousands of other people that play the game that don't even know about Vibe or what it has to offer.

Right then

Imo the news report is a fantastic concept for the game! 

It makes it more immersive than just post match coach report for a start 

Yeah its wrong half the time but its more interesting to read!

I dont understand what you all want? Yoy all want new features like extra contract stuff and different transfers add ons but don't like an extra bit of text which is essentially just edited from last year, infact it makes no difference whatsoever on time compared to last year and no one moaned then

Next up the tactical changes like Carrol to DC etc is that on the Enhanced engini I assume? An engine not being worked on anymore as they have Enhanced?

Imo if you want speed and thats it go and update FMH2013 and play that because I'm sick of people moaning about stupid little things tbh 

SI cant win with you lot they really can't

UK. 

I don't think people would moan so much if these features actually worked. Yes I get annoyed with the post match stuff but I could probably live with it if it was accurate. 

Contract stuff and transfer add on's. 

Once again they have added something that has broken the game. The inclusion of loan back seems to have bugged the loan system leading to the free transfer bug. 

whats the point of adding new features if they don't work properly. NOTHING new should be added until it works. Releasing a game for customers to test is just bonkers. 

As for the OME. Flaws can not be swept under the carpet because of the EME. SI are selling a product, the whole product. 

Could BMW excuse obvious faults with a 3 series even though they have just sold someone a brand new one because they have put all their efforts into the new 5 series?

IThat BMW reference is Ridiculous pal

Completely different circumstances 

BMW are selling two different cars for one so clearly they have to both be worked on etc but when SI have already said they wont work on OME anymore why bother moan about it? Just dont use it

What difference does it make if the match reports are accurate? Your saying is a waste of time and that you have to click through it

Woukd you rather there was no news at all and it was just matches? There HAS to be stuff to make it a decent representation of Football Management and all the news etc is what comes with that

I agree that all the ITN news is pointless though and things like the new loan back making loans bugged is poor on SI's behalf 

Surely a quick test of a save would have found that bug? You just play the game normally and it appears

IF i were to get this, id want to play with the enhanced engine( as i never have before), but if players play out of position all the time it just seems a waste of time..at the end of the day your paying a premium price for a APP, so for people to expect better as there is clearly big flaws in the game is right i think

16 minutes ago, Rhys Rockley said:

Disallowed goals!!!! Sort it out si!!! Lost 2-0 the other day with 4 yes 4 disallowed goals! 

That'll be your tactic pal get rid of poachers and get off the OME

My issue with the match reports isn't how poor they are, my issue is the amount of clicking through messages in general and how misleading info like that is. For a new player it makes the game feel unapproachable and trying to follow said info is impossible. I've ignored the feature almost since release after getting frustrated with trying to work with it, now I wouldn't miss it if it disappeared tbh. 

My issue with the message clicking is it's a constant and every day issue. Alari has more or less said coaches, "the main new feature of FMM" is watered down and unimportant due to worrying about people wasting time with it. During a career I bet you waste more time clicking through pointless messages then you would looking at staff which you'd do now and again. Same goes for some of the EME's highlights and processing, I understand the processing but why do I have to watch subs run on and off? Why do I have to watch my players leave the pitch? It's like the engine needs another highlight setting. 

These little things are what wastes time within the game and they soon add up! If you removed the pointless messages or streamlined them you're getting to the next match quicker which is the goal of the game. 

Long story short is we get watered down features due to time worries yet we have all these little irritating things no one likes clogging up our time. 

The fact SI has basically washed it's hands of the OME is also poor, they seem to understand the difference and the reason people like  it yet they ignore that completely. We're led to believe the OME has reached it's limits (if you believe that is debatable as it was updated this year) but if that is the case make a new one, the fans obviously want it. If not how long do OME players have left? One year? Two maybe? Three tops? Then what are we left with? Likely a buggy game and a match engine experience we don't enjoy. Let's not forget the EME only runs amazing on top of the end devices, does that mean we need a new tablet every year to keep up with a buggy £7 quid game? 

I know I'll be walking away anyway.