Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Matthew Attempts the 1000 Goal Challenge!

Matthew

Matthew Attempts the 1000 Goal Challenge!

Hi everyone! I'm back with my first attempt at the 1000 Goal Challenge on FMM2016. The 1KC has always been a challenge I've wanted to complete but have never toughed it out to the end despite having some good attempts in the past (Vaclav Kadlec in FMH-something was probably my closest shout). But I'm going to attempt to break the 1KC at least once over the 30 seasons of this save. Rather than attempting the 1KC with one player then ending this thread, I am going to use the entire save as an opportunity to complete the 1KC with as many players as possible. I will be starting with a real player, then moving onto regens and, depending on my luck, completing the challenge with my Son (let's pray he doesn't come up as a goalkeeper!). So, without further ado, let's begin the challenge:

My time on FMM16 this year has been only in England playing as Manchester United (I'm still doing that save but on the side of this one, if anyone is wondering), so I thought I would venture out into territory unknown to me. Spain seemed like a good choice but pushing some of the top strikers out of their clubs seemed unfair to them - although it would likely provide a hefty profit. Germany posed the same issue but would have been easier (only Aubameyang and Lewandowski come to mind - no disrespect to any of the other great strikers out in the Bundesliga). My next thought was to look at the Serie A. As a Manchester United fan, I look at Juventus' number 10 as the one that got away and I shed a tear looking at the beast of a player he has become. Given that I would probably never see him wear a United shirt again, I thought I may as well use him on FMM where he currently plays: Juventus!

The Player

Now although I've just gone on a small rant about Paul Pogba, I can assure you I won't be attempting the challenge with him - I want a challenge but I'm not a mad man (or Ashez ;) ). But the player I have chosen does already reside in Turin and, after moving from Madrid, he had something to prove to the world. That he could be a potent striker. And that player, is

Alvaro Morata

Screenshot_2015-12-03-22-52-59_zpsh5fiin

Were this a regular save, I would be incredibly happy with the amount of attacking talent available to me in the forms of Dybala, Mandzukic, Zaza and the man himself Alvarito (apparently a nickname of his...). However, this is a 1KC so they may seem redundant. I would be foolish to sell of Dybala so we'll see about the other two soon enough. With Morata being 22 to being with, I will be aiming to finish the challenge by the time he is 35, meaning:

1000 goals / 13 years = 76.9... so basically 77 goals a season

Admittedly, I've not had the best goal scoring record on FMM this year so far so it'll be interesting to see how this goes. Thanks for reading and leave a comment - make a prediction as to whether I'll complete the challenge with Morata or not ;) 

¡Hasta luego!

10 hours ago, Ashez said:

Moved and good luck :) 

4 hours ago, Risheek said:

Good luck

4 hours ago, jerinoz said:

Good luck

3 hours ago, Devil 03 said:

Good Luck!

Thanks guys. I'll hopefully have an update for you other the weekend and, if not, at the start of next week if not before then

Well I've had a terrible week in which I've not been able to play FMM so am stuck at the start of the save so redoing the start of the season will be fun. Fortunately I hadn't gotten very far so I've not got too much to redo. Thanks for being patient