Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series FM Mobile Evolution Wishlist

Dec

Hi all, within this topic I wish to explore what I believe would be good and realistic changes each year to evolve the game we all love today.  I also apologise if any are rough, while I have fleshed a few out in my head I wanted to get my ideas on paper and they were never intended for sharing. However after discussing with several people I have decided to put it into the public domain.

Please note these are purely my speculations and may not become a reality. Also I didn't include bugs or balancing changes such as "Less Repetitive AI Transfers and AI try to get your top performing players quicker" as these are more of an evolution throughout the series and not new features/changes.

After reading this I'd love you to share your thoughts or ask me any questions regarding a feature I am pitching. Also it would be great to hear your ideas too.

I hope you enjoying read this and a massive thanks to @Ashez and @UKFootballScore as both discussed this with me and have some features on here of their own.

FMM2016 Changes

The FMM2016 Changes implemented throughout the updates will build upon the FMM2016 core feature of Coaches to enhance their users' experience with them. News will also be improved with new tools to give the user flexibility that isn't currently in the game.

Coaches

• More Coaches from Non-Playable Leagues
  • Age on Coaches' Profile
  • Screen when promoting a player to staff that displays information before confirming in case it doesn't fit user
  • In-Game Editor edits Coaches
  • Can choose which Coach type to put a Job Advert for

News

• New Job Expectations even when mid-season (doesn't happen on start up in Brazil when managing non-Brazilian/International Teams)
  • Merge International Teams' Qualifying for competitions into one screen - Highlight main ones in news, pop out the others
  • Merge International Teams' Call ups - Same as Qualifying
  • Continue even with unread news
  • Mark all as read option
  • Highlight important news with slight red background
  • Change Red bar at the side to indicate there is more to a different colour, makes it seem like it is must read
  • Ability to press out on transfer rumours not involving your club to a bid screen
  • News article when one of your legends (100+ games played under you) 6 months from retirement/retires unexpectedly if not at club saying so and ability to offer coach job

Players

• Approach Free Agents/Bosmans to Coaches
  • Include Squad Filter
  • In-Game Editor edits Traits

Other   

• Request New Stadium
  • Random Club Selector
  • Find Club defaults to nation you are managing in not England

FMM2017 Features - The Feedback & Control Update

The aim of FMM2017 is to improve on the systems put into place in FMM2016 in relation to Coaches and News.  Giving more feedback over the game by utilising the Backroom Staff will give the user more reason to get good Staff and allow the user to get more opinions throughout and speed up the game realistically where they want to without too much hindrance. More control for the user will allow a much deeper experience. It will not only be more challenging but also a more intuitive game for the user in which will speed up and eradicate receptiveness.

Clubs:

• New Leagues - Argentina, Mexico, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine

Coaches:

• Coaches for non-playable leagues
  • Selectable Scouts
  • Scouts set up to tasks on Day 1 - Your Region/Youth
  • Feedback reliability/depth differs on coach level
  • Can choose coaches to give different feedback dependent on their areas
  • Assistant comprises more in-depth report upon signing such as realistic expectations, strongest areas, recommended signings and tactical advice
  • Scouts comment on more abilities. Maybe weighing in pros/cons like FM Touch. Detail can be given dependent on level
  • Scouts don't give definitive attributes or CA/PA on first scout - Fog of War on by default
  • Assistants/Coaches give a range of the PA until they reach what they feel is close to peak.

Matches:

• Assistant can recommend substitutes for player you want to take off

News:

• More team interactions such as players requesting game time based on form with the ability to respond
  • Build up to big matches with more news/player comments in news highlighting how important it is
  • Ability to revise expectations to get more money in December
  • Competition Predictions/Odds for each competition you are involved in
  • Players ask for new squad status/Coaches recommend change
  • Assistant comes to you for a "team meeting" at key parts - bad run of form, first loss in a while, important game, after a good victory
  • More media questions around big games/in general/about rumours - Unsettled player, good win, poor performance, big transfer...
  • Assistant gives monthly feedback - players who played or trained well/poorly and general performances
  • Take out news not related to your division
  • Pre-Match talk mentions form, league positions, expectation and last results (merge scout report into pop out but mention in news article)
  • More variety when making transfers not just celebration, initial reactions and expectations by fans for all. "see it as a good deal", "confused by it", "worried about future of Oscar", etc...
  • More depth in post-match reports such as how the match panned out
  • News has logos of team related to such as "Man United bid for Bender" should have Manchester United badge, Leagues the same. Maybe colours related

Players:

• Ability to set squad status/determine on contract
  • Can highlight on player screen/comparison (for comparison could filter to them) attributes that influence a specific role
  • Traits appear on comparison of players
  • Footedness - Useful in particular for Wingers, Inside Forwards and Inverted Wing Backs

Tactics:

• Add in Anchor Man and Inverted Wing Back roles
  • Make BWM only DMC/MC,  BBM only MC and Trequarista able to play AMC
  • Assistant can recommend players for the role you have when you select "i"

Transfers:

• Coach feedback on offer as you update it, even counter bid/contracts
  • Clicking on number in "Amount" gives pre-set drop down of numbers
  • Buy back fee when selling players
  • Future Fee when Loaning a player in
  • 2 Year Loans
  • Filter players with specific traits
  • Position search split to not just be "midfielder" but Defensive Midfielder, Midfielder and Central Midfielder. Defenders the same with Sweeper.

Usability:

• Multi-Select Players/Coaches to do specific tasks such as transfer list, release or compare (when 2 is selected)
  • World rearrange - Merge nations into one tab, add in transfers, transfer rumours and scouting agency (maybe renamed)

Other:

• Ability to choose database size at start of new game - defaults depending on device

FMM2018 Features - The Personalisation Update

FMM2018 will aim to make the user feel more unique when playing the game. Currently every FMM career is different and FMM2018 will build upon this by introducing new systems such as tactical mentalities for player roles, more training options and news subscriptions. The game will continue to improve on coaches' feedback in relation to the new features and the usability through a new global search bar and calendar view to keep the game fast to play. Existing features such as Scouts and news speculation responses will be updated to more realistic terms too while keeping their core functionalities that the user's know from the game. Doing so will allow the user to feel more in control of their game while not hindering the game in any way.

Club:

• Nicknames of clubs for news
  • Clear All Call Ups Option when managing International Team
  • Media Predictions on Club Select
  • Preview Team before selecting club - able to see player attributes, wage budget etc...
  • New Leagues - China, Switzerland, South Korea, United States
  • Board Philosophies upon signing (can ask to update in board area and at the start of a new game/new club) - expect you to sign youngsters, play attacking football etc..
  • Board expectations each season for each competition

Coaches:

• Create/Scrapbook Coaches on MyClub
  • Assistant can choose line up based on preference e.g. "Strongest Team" or "Rotation Team"
  • Staff Search
  • Scouts can search one country not just region
  • More Scout Filters such as for a Defender of First Team Quality or Midfielder for Back Up.

Matches:

• Half time team talk - 4 or so options dependent on how match is going (such as at 2-0 you can say to stay back, keep attacking, keep up the good work or don't get complacent), 1 choice per game.
  • Ability to set man marking option before match - as opposed to opening slides, assistant can recommend

News:

• Ability to subscribe to leagues, players or countries - by default does your club, league, cups involved in, nation and favoured club. Unsubscribes automatically from leagues you get promoted from and cups not involved in.
  • News filters - e.g. Own Club Only, Transfer Bids/Rumours, Coach Advice etc..
  • Assistant offers advice and previews next month - e.g. A lot of tough games so rotation is needed, most fixtures are winnable
  • Coaches recommend training - Clones current then modifies a section based on recommendation
  • When responding to rumours have realistic responses not confirm/deny - "He is a great player and we won't sell for any price", "We'd love to keep him but it isn't clear yet" etc...
  • More news on speculation , rumours or fact - Many poor performances leads to media speculating on players' future with some instances being respondable,  you have a bid turned down for a player, you sign a player and leads to questions about future of another player or how that player will fit in to the squad/feelings on player (e.g. big amount of money spent on youngster- will he perform?). News can relate to another club after a specific type of player in order to show when to offer to clubs a player you are trying to sell
  • Board Complain if not living up to Philosophies or praise when you exceed them, more lenient when going above expectations.

Players:

• Players screens all have top bar with important information on to give profile consistency
  • Traits display more prominent and stop removing some, cross them out if not relevant
  • Set Date of Birth in MyClub
  • Set Common Name in MyClub
  • Player Interaction more than just positive/negative and public/private. More personalised on occasion - such as bad run of form - "I believe in you" or complained about transfer "You are key to squad" etc... Remove Public/Private option

Tactics:

• Player Role Mentality - Attacking, Defensive, Neutral
  • Multiple Tactics saved and trained with rating of comfortableness
  • Sliding Scale of Mentality from Ultra Defensive to Ultra Attacking

Training:

• Split up attacking training into Passing (Crossing, Teamwork and Passing), Ball Control (Technique, Movement and Dribbling) and Shooting
  • Add in set pieces training
  • Split defending training into Tackling (Positioning and Tackling) and Heading (Aerial Ability)
  • Ability to create new training for specific players
  • Ability to save Training Regimes

Transfers:

• Set Loan Player out/in Squad Status - e.g. first team, back up etc..
  • Mutual Termination

Usability:

• Global Search Bar
  • Pressing date gives a calendar view with key moments in that month displayed on date - Can holiday to a date you select (shows only the current month and next month)
  • Media Feed in World that displays news from all over the World/Nation that may not appear in news feed

Other:

• User can select favoured club
  • Your manager profile has all manager attributes on
  • Display unique ID option
  • All Players Released Option

FMM2019 Features - The Fans, Statistics and Youth Update

Giving fans more of a part to play in your success will be key in FMM2019. Fans will now act more realistically as they comment on important moments in the club and voice their opinions to your management. Keeping them happy could be a key part of management as they are such a big part of the football world and their feedback will be a good way to gauge how the club is progressing for the user. As well as getting the game to emulate the highs and lows every club experiences during a season.

More statistical analysis will also be introduced through player and club averages to give the user an idea on how a player is playing compared to the rest of the world. Statistics are an ever growing part of football and statistics like shots on target percentage can give users an extra dimension when it comes to squad selection or signing a player.

One of the most popular things a user does is to buy wonderkids and develop them, giving a proper academy structure to do so and feeder clubs to sign them players that may not be possible but are in real life. Most users comment that this is the most satisfying part of the game and giving structures to promote this more would allow the user to feel more in control in this respect; as well as more players to sign.

Club:

• Set Player Bonuses for Each Competition - Influences Wage Budget
  • Feeder Clubs
  • Real Under 21 Teams and Fixtures
  • Season Team Statistics such as Average Possession, Average Goals per Game etc...
  • Your Seasonal Best XI
  • Club can automatically upgrade facilities
  • New Leagues - Austria,  Croatia, Paraguay, Poland, Saudi Arabia
  • Friendly Tournaments to choose from at the start - Gives Transfer Budget boost dependent on performance
  • Fan Confidence like Board Confidence
  • Player of the Year/Fans Player of the Year Awards

Coaches:

• Assistant can be set to control Under 21 aspects such as team contracts and signings

News:

• Coaches recommend players
  • Feeder Club Scout Reports Every Year
  • News comes up to buy player from Feeder Club before
  • Other managers comment before/after a game
  • Team of the Month/Year for League/Cup Competitions involved in (year for cups)
  • News relating to game when it would get some in reality -  if controversial decision/more news on player form (especially if poor)/talking points - "Theo Walcott failed to score for the 5th game in a row and many are wondering why the manager hasn't dropped him yet" or "despite a poor performance Chelsea managed to beat their title rivals in what looks like will be a record breaking season"
  • Fans react not only to transfers but big games/results and current situation of the team every so often.
  • More variety when winning the league, say how it was done not just fans chant name. Says how it is done and what fans expect e.g. with Stoke they know it is an one off and are thankful.
  • Fan Feedback on general performance at end of season
  • Board contact you about Wage Budget being over, failing to meet targets and put general pressure on

Players:

• Evogen changed into Newgen system, level of players often scalable to club they spawn
  • Newgen faces like FM

• Variable PA on every new career not just database
  • Season player statistics on Player Profile such as Average Shots Per Game, Passes per Game etc...
  • Ability to Scrapbook Players' history etc..
  • Shortlists go by uID not name when saving
  • Under 21 Teams used automatically to recover players from injuries quicker - Option to turn off

Matches:

• Latest Results in Loading changed to match statistics

Tactics:

• Set Under 21 to use your tactics - On by default

Transfers:

• Loan straight to feeder club - When cannot get a Work Permit

Other:

• UEFA Coefficients update with league standings
  • International Rankings
  • iOS has Manager Rankings when using Game Center

FMM2020 Features - The Fun Update

People love to compete with others. A variety of multiplayer options from a career mode to a simple head to head with another player or a tournament mode will extend the game from the single player experience. Multiplayer opens up options for communities and friends to compete and means that the game has more of a lasting appeal as people come back to try and be the best. As well as this an offline version of the Fantasy Draft could prove successful as MyClub did to extend the single player game life and give the game a different dimension.

Clubs:

• New Leagues - Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Serbia, United Arab Emirates

Usability:

• Android/iOS save cross over to Cloud

Other:

• More Challenges/Editable Challenges
  • Multiplayer Mode - Normal Career, Head to Head, Tournament Mode, Fantasy Draft Mode
  • Pre-Game Editor
  • Offline Fantasy Draft Mode

FMM2021 Features - The 3D Pitch Update

In order to get fully immersive then experiencing a true match day is a must. A polished 3D pitch that shows highlights gives users greater immersion into their games as well as more information to react from in-game in order for them to achieve success. The 3D pitch addition would open up the audience to those whom are much more visual with the addition of kits and player numbers enhancing their enjoyment.

Clubs:

• Club Kits
  • New Leagues - India,  Qatar, Romania, Sweden

Matches:

• 3D Pitch

Players:

• Kit numbers that are pre-determined at start, can choose to edit and when a new player signs you can do it or assistant can - Assistant Option to always handle this

Tactics:

• Change circles to kits with the position smaller to the right side
12 minutes ago, Risheek said:

Great work Dec,Ashez,UKFS. This really makes a difference to me, and probably Vibe. SI should look into this.

Thank you very much, it took a while to actually write it all down and I kept going back and adding in more things and changing it. In its current state I am very happy with how it turned out.

Any stand out features for you or version and any you don't like the look of?

Well done. The amount of input done here shows there's been thorough discussion amongst you three. 

Kudos @Dec @Ashez @UKFootballScore

For me. What I really need at this moment is the mark all news read. Load even without having to read the news. Indian and MLS leagues. And the ability to add training regimes. 

Excellent. I'm hoping this might just get noticed by the big guys at SI.  Altho that's a faint hope. 

Also. You guys have 'projected'  what features should be added for what year. This shows understanding to the fact that it's obviously not possible to add everything on a wishlist in a game but rather go through year by year. Rather not too ambitious aims in every year games. But yeah. Well done. 

1 minute ago, DSW said:

Also. You guys have 'projected'  what features should be added for what year. This shows understanding to the fact that it's obviously not possible to add everything on a wishlist in a game but rather go through year by year. Rather not too ambitious aims in every year games. But yeah. Well done. 

Thanks, it took me so long to balance each game. I think I revised each one a lot. I went with the less is more model. 2017 on paper doesn't look that exciting but it can change the entire landscape of the game with increased news and feedback from staff. If that was in place then everything evolves naturally like more fan feedback and better transfers. It was about hitting the sweet spot with the news for me as I personally feel it leaves a lot to be desired. With the introduction of coaches I got excited and I feel 2017 would do if it was really done like this. Simple little things but once you play the game for a season it may immerse you even more as the interactions and help will really make you feel like a part of a team and not a demi-God as present.

P.S. Multi select would be one of the best features ever! No more having to click every player to place on transfer list, demote or even shortlist/scout a player that is searched.

Some goo stuff there Dec...

I have not had a chance to thoroughly read it all just yet...

Some stuff I want to see in future releases, some may be pie in the sky, but I can only hope and dream, lol,...You have probably included most of these in your OP, which I promise I will read :D

• More Staff(Ass Man, Coaches, Physios etc)
  • Feeder Clubs
  • Reserves/Youth
  • Pick Your Own Friendlies
  • Squad Status
  • Better Media Interaction...Press Conferences/Manager Mind Games
  • International Age-Restricted Tournaments(UEFA U21, U20 World Cup, Olympics)
  • Feeders/Parent Clubs
  • Squad Numbers

The one thing I would love to see one day, but accept this may never come to bear, is an editor like that on the PC Game, make your own league systems, competitions etc.

Though I think to start with we need at least a couple of new leagues to get going

28 minutes ago, marxistafozzski said:

Some goo stuff there Dec...

I have not had a chance to thoroughly read it all just yet...

Some stuff I want to see in future releases, some may be pie in the sky, but I can only hope and dream, lol,...You have probably included most of these in your OP, which I promise I will read :D

• More Staff(Ass Man, Coaches, Physios etc)
  • Feeder Clubs
  • Reserves/Youth
  • Pick Your Own Friendlies
  • Squad Status
  • Better Media Interaction...Press Conferences/Manager Mind Games
  • International Age-Restricted Tournaments(UEFA U21, U20 World Cup, Olympics)
  • Feeders/Parent Clubs
  • Squad Numbers

The one thing I would love to see one day, but accept this may never come to bear, is an editor like that on the PC Game, make your own league systems, competitions etc.

Though I think to start with we need at least a couple of new leagues to get going

Interesting, thanks. Most of them are included later on or different like pick friendlies is pick a friendly tournament as I feel this is more speed focused while allowing versatility.

Something else I thought of...Don't know if it would be worth it or if SI would ever consider it...

Offer the Editor as an In-Game Unlockable either by

• Gaining all Unlockables/achievements
  • Winning 50 Trophies and/or 25 Seasons with the same club (whichever is longest)
  • Complete the game (am I right in saying the game runs somewhere between 30-50 seasons)
  • Or bundle it with Sugar Daddy

Just a thought in my own opinion :O

Edited by marxistafozzski
1 hour ago, marxistafozzski said:

Something else I thought of...Don't know if it would be worth it or if SI would ever consider it...

Offer the Editor as an In-Game Unlockable either by

• Gaining all Unlockables/achievements
  • Winning 50 Trophies and/or 25 Seasons with the same club (whichever is longest)
  • Complete the game (am I right in saying the game runs somewhere between 30-50 seasons)
  • Or bundle it with Sugar Daddy

Just a thought in my own opinion :O

I don't agree with that, I feel it should be charged for as it is something that can edit the whole game and is therefore powerful. As it is a bonus it is either pay or not get it. I believe it would be a big money maker too. Though a Editor and Sugar Daddy bundle would be cool.

Thank you all for the lovely comments and interesting ones. Enjoying reading what you all want. Any versions of mine you think you would love?

I agree with almost everything.

Kit numbers is so basic and should be added next game. Hate seeing my central midfielder wearing #9!!

Under 21 leagues\tournaments. Being a team with no B team is depressing. Having every single player in the reserves out on loan is unrealistic. An under 18's setup could be implemented, but you don't see results or league tables, just player history stat updates and youth coach reports on player progression\performance. (Ties in with the fact that more staff positions are needed)

Youth overhaul. As it stands, the game doesn't have a set in stone youth system. Teams with B teams can't promote decent greyed out players, greyed out players in reserves just magically appear and their mothers seemingly don't reproduce in the way most humans would?? No faces is a pain, and a consistent academy system for every team is so obvious, don't think SI have spent more than 5 minutes thinking about the youth system in Handheld and mobile. As for regens, personally I like them, but user teams always get rubbish ones (especially if you have a B team?!)

Rant over.

Amazing article lads. You can tell lots of work has been put into it. Well done

The one feature I've always wanted is online. It would make head to heads more exciting and also 3D match engine that is quick would be cool. :) 

The main thing to change in FMM for me isn't a "special" addition, but a real increase of the difficulty...when you've a good tactic, you can beat Barcelone, Madrid, Bayern or the big four of Premier League so easily with an average or poor team, even the first year...Where's the fun in that ?

Miss the old CM 01/02...

One game I love to play is Madden. I know it's completely inferior to FM but one thing I do love about Madden is the amount of statistics you can access. It keeps you motivated to keep playing to try and break records that have stood for years and years held by legendary players. FIFA has started to lean that way but nowhere near on the same scale and therefore opens up an opportunity for this kinda thing to be implemented in a football game. So for example:

• Top All-Time Goalscorers List
  • Top Season Goalscorers List
  • Top Game Goalscorers List

The above can be repeated for assists, clean sheets, man of the match performances, etc for numerous leagues. Where's the fun in winning the BPL 5 times in a row if there's no end game for one of my star players to reach? It'd be a great incentive for managers to keep their older players to see if they can break club and league records (Rooney for example).

I would also like to see a section that displays more relevant history for players and also for coaches. The existing player history is very well laid out and detailed to perfection, however if they've won player of the year honours or top scored/assisted during a league season or in an international tournament I feel that's a relevant part of history that could influence me in signing them or not. I'd like to see something similar to managers. It's impossible to track every manager's career and remember what clubs they've managed during your own career. It'd be nice to see what honours each manager has had along with other statistics like biggest signings and longest win streaks, etc.

Lastly I'd like to see big improvements made to the coaching set-up side of the game. You should be able to search for coaches like you can players. You should be able to convince coaches to leave their role and join your club based on the club's/your own reputation. This year was a big first step which I really welcome. I just feel this could be really tapped into for future games.

-

Other than that you've covered a lot of bases which would definitely improve the game. Great read & supported.

Edited by Jack
On 12/7/2015 at 10:54, Dec said:

Build up to big matches with more news/player comments in news highlighting how important it is

100% agree!

This is only my opinion : I hope we can choose the time to join a club if we get an offer from another club. Example, I'm managing Celtic, then on Feb 2020 I get an offer from Manchester United, usually when you accept this offer, you'll immediately leave Celtic then work for ManUtd. What I hope is, if I accept the offer from ManUtd, I can choose to work at the beginning of the new season (June / July 2021), so I can achieve higher position with my current team (like make them win the Champion League, etc)