Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez & His Triple 1000 Goal Challenge!

Ashez

1 minute ago, PriZe said:

nah man that's your dodgy iPod pc setup :P

Haha, first time I've turned it on since April I think and the update went smoothly, here's to hoping! 

Hi Ashez,

just out of pure curiosity and I dare say you have threads elsewhere in Vibe that may have this information so apologies, but for this challenge did you stick to a set of tactics, roles etc to do this or did you chop and change?  If you could punt on the basic screenshots I would really appreciate it.

I am with you on the whole OME v EME stuff but my iPad is old and the EME is a disaster to run on it so I think I will be on the OME on the next one.  I doubt it will ruin my enjoyment of the game but totally agree with what you're saying with it feeling like a waste of time.

Great effort by the way with this challenge, it's exceptional.  I pretty much read it from the beginning today and thought there was absolutely no chance you would manage it.......

Good man!!

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

hopefully this doesn't get lost in all the buzz

No chance! (not for me any way)

To finish off one of this seasons best careers on it's very last day is a fitting send off for 2016.

3 minutes ago, davidblack said:

Hi Ashez,

just out of pure curiosity and I dare say you have threads elsewhere in Vibe that may have this information so apologies, but for this challenge did you stick to a set of tactics, roles etc to do this or did you chop and change?  If you could punt on the basic screenshots I would really appreciate it.

I am with you on the whole OME v EME stuff but my iPad is old and the EME is a disaster to run on it so I think I will be on the OME on the next one.  I doubt it will ruin my enjoyment of the game but totally agree with what you're saying with it feeling like a waste of time.

Great effort by the way with this challenge, it's exceptional.  I pretty much read it from the beginning today and thought there was absolutely no chance you would manage it.......

Good man!!

Thanks mate :) 

I don't release my tactics sorry but I will say i never changed it apart from towards the end. Due to the challenge I had to always have a three man attack so there was never much I could change. When Barbosa got injured and later in his career I did push him to FL but that was the only change during the 16 years to shape or player roles. 

Just now, Joewins said:

No chance! (not for me any way)

To finish off one of this seasons best careers on it's very last day is a fitting send off for 2016.

I'm glad you appreciate it :). I hoped to do it earlier in the week but things got in the way haha. 

Soak it in lads, the longer the day gets the more I feel like this is my last career with FMM and on Vibe. What happened? Pfft.

11 minutes ago, kts365 said:

So glad you finished this mate.  hopefully you'll be swayed to fmm17.

Any other games that may keep you occupado?

Thanks, as for 2017 I wouldn't hold much hope with me. I really couldn't care less at this moment in time. 

Plenty lol, my backlog is stupid due to how much time FMM sucks up, so that's something to look forward to. And Pokemon is out next week :D 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Thanks, as for 2017 I wouldn't hold much hope with me. I really couldn't care less at this moment in time. 

Plenty lol, my backlog is stupid due to how much time FMM sucks up, so that's something to look forward to. And Pokemon is out next week :D 

Aye pokemon for me too haha. luckily I just had a birthday so got it promised. 

1 minute ago, kts365 said:

Aye pokemon for me too haha. luckily I just had a birthday so got it promised. 

If I can hold out until Pokemon without buying FMM I'll last. Sad really, i have ten years with the series yet I'm hoping I don't crack. What a mindset to have for one my most played games. 

Tbh I took a break this year and loved it, spent the free time playing some amazing games which I'd missed due to commitments here in previous years and it was brilliant. Letting go of the game will be easy, letting go here will be more difficult but some steps have been taken like stepping down. Recently beat DQ7 and what a game that is, to think I could have wasted that time on FMM in previous years. I like FMH, not FMM I think is the conclusion :). 

Which versions you getting? I've ordered Moon :D

16 minutes ago, Ashez said:

If I can hold out until Pokemon without buying FMM I'll last. Sad really, i have ten years with the series yet I'm hoping I don't crack. What a mindset to have for one my most played games. 

Tbh I took a break this year and loved it, spent the free time playing some amazing games which I'd missed due to commitments here in previous years and it was brilliant. Letting go of the game will be easy, letting go here will be more difficult but some steps have been taken like stepping down. Recently beat DQ7 and what a game that is, to think I could have wasted that time on FMM in previous years. I like FMH, not FMM I think is the conclusion :). 

Which versions you getting? I've ordered Moon :D

I loved dq8 back in the day. I'll probably end up getting both. one for a regular playthrough and the other for locke playthroughs. I've also restarted skyrim and will likely again before this time next year.

As for fmm17 I will try to create more challenges. 

I loved dq8 back in the day. I'll probably end up getting both. one for a regular playthrough and the other for locke playthroughs. I've also restarted skyrim and will likely again before this time next year.

As for fmm17 I will try to create more challenges. 

DQ8 coming to 3DS in January, I can't wait :D. Nice, never done a Locke, thought about it but never have. Seen my Nation Locke challenge here for FMM? Should search it :). 

Not that interested in Skyrim but it appears to be a Switch launch title so many then. 

16 minutes ago, Ashez said:

DQ8 coming to 3DS in January, I can't wait :D. Nice, never done a Locke, thought about it but never have. Seen my Nation Locke challenge here for FMM? Should search it :). 

Not that interested in Skyrim but it appears to be a Switch launch title so many then. 

I have seen the nation locke challenge and may attempt it this year. I'll be sure to tag you in ?

I love the wonderlocke in pokemon because you are forced to you with random pokemon.

I love skyrim but you may hate it if the bugs aren't fixed.

13 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Congratulations @Ashez. This career has been amazing to follow and it's great you finally decided to post. What a way to end 2016. Long live FMM 17

Cheers mate :)

I have seen the nation locke challenge and may attempt it this year. I'll be sure to tag you in ?

I love the wonderlocke in pokemon because you are forced to you with random pokemon.

I love skyrim but you may hate it if the bugs aren't fixed.

It's pretty fun :) 

It's tempted me but a time sink, I don't often replay games you see. Likely only 3-5 games I've played twice in last decade lol. 

I tried the one before that on 360, elder scrolls? Couldn't get into it tbh. 

14 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Cheers mate :)

It's pretty fun :) 

It's tempted me but a time sink, I don't often replay games you see. Likely only 3-5 games I've played twice in last decade lol. 

I tried the one before that on 360, elder scrolls? Couldn't get into it tbh. 

Skyrim is more accessible than oblivion but is a total time sink. I rarely replay games too. other than metal gear solid games, skyrim and Pokemon

Just now, kts365 said:

Skyrim is more accessible than oblivion but is a total time sink. I rarely replay games too. other than metal gear solid games, skyrim and Pokemon

Oblivion that's it haha, as I said I might look at it on the Switch :). 

Havent played MGS since PS2 days, one issue of going Nintendo haha. I have snake eater in my backlog on 3ds and PS2 though. Really wanna replay Fire Red but with S/M I waited it out. 

Most recent games I replayed recently would be steamworld dig and Fire Emblem Awakening. I also play Super Mario World every year or so but it's my favourite game of all time haha. 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Oblivion that's it haha, as I said I might look at it on the Switch :). 

Havent played MGS since PS2 days, one issue of going Nintendo haha. I have snake eater in my backlog on 3ds and PS2 though. Really wanna replay Fire Red but with S/M I waited it out. 

Most recent games I replayed recently would be steamworld dig and Fire Emblem Awakening. I also play Super Mario World every year or so but it's my favourite game of all time haha. 

Cool. love a good strategy game so fire emblem is right up my street. I haven't committed to a new gen console yet and i am not swayed by the switch either to be honest so I'm currently working my way through ps3 titles. stick of truth is the most fun I have had in years.

13 minutes ago, kts365 said:

Cool. love a good strategy game so fire emblem is right up my street. I haven't committed to a new gen console yet and i am not swayed by the switch either to be honest so I'm currently working my way through ps3 titles. stick of truth is the most fun I have had in years.

Fire Emblem is brilliant, love everything it. Awakening one my favourite 3ds games but Fates I found hit and miss. My brother has a Xbox One but I'm not that interested, I used to be massively PlayStation but that Nintendo pull is too strong. It's like your child hood in a console and almost all the first party games are brilliant. The WiiU flopped hard but it has a bloody great library of games and tbh the 3ds might be my favourite system of all time. 

Nice heard good things about that, I'm currently playing Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate, avoid it!! Has potential but is so flawed, only playing it as it's short and I needed a genre freshener between DQ7 and S/M haha. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Fire Emblem is brilliant, love everything it. Awakening one my favourite 3ds games but Fates I found hit and miss. My brother has a Xbox One but I'm not that interested, I used to be massively PlayStation but that Nintendo pull is too strong. It's like your child hood in a console and almost all the first party games are brilliant. The WiiU flopped hard but it has a bloody great library of games and tbh the 3ds might be my favourite system of all time. 

Nice heard good things about that, I'm currently playing Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate, avoid it!! Has potential but is so flawed, only playing it as it's short and I needed a genre freshener between DQ7 and S/M haha. 

I'd you still have your ps2 I recommend finding a copy of shin megami tensei: lucifers call.  one of my favourites.

I love the 3ds too. one of the finest gaming machines ever without doubt

1 hour ago, kts365 said:

I'd you still have your ps2 I recommend finding a copy of shin megami tensei: lucifers call.  one of my favourites.

I love the 3ds too. one of the finest gaming machines ever without doubt

I know little about SMT tbh, but it's of interest as I hear of it a lot though. I keep an eye out for the DS/3ds games but they're kinda rare or not physical, plus I never know which i might like lol. 

13 hours ago, Gaz C said:

Legendary :)

Sorry I missed this in all the hype, just came to grab the link and remember! Thanks for the comment :)!

Beautiful career Ashez and a fine write-up as well. Thanks for taking the time to share that with us, I know the time and effort it takes but the responses you get makes it worth it.

Also very inspirational as I'm itching to get back in career mode after reading the posts in here.

Big congrats on the Triple K's and looking forward to your FMM17 stuff.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Beautiful career Ashez and a fine write-up as well. Thanks for taking the time to share that with us, I know the time and effort it takes but the responses you get makes it worth it.

Also very inspirational as I'm itching to get back in career mode after reading the posts in here.

Big congrats on the Triple K's and looking forward to your FMM17 stuff.

That is so true, shame it had roughly 400 views and only like 20 comments though, especially as most of them are mine or one convo but that's Vibe for you :P 

I can't wait to see what you bring to the table :D. Still don't have 2017 and I'm still undecided if I will get it. Feeling rather torn tbf haha.