Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LLM or Top Division debate

Dec

What do you prefer managing - Lower League Management or Top Divisions?

Personally I prefer Top Divisions as I like to test out players and to do this I need money, though the challenge I find is with small nations and not small clubs in a big nation. For several careers though I go for top divisions or second divisions in top nations as this gives money to test different players.

Top division for pretty much the same reason, i love the idea of LLM it's just I can never find the players that perform lower down in the leagues, I'll find a player and think, great he's gonna be class, think again! Haha

I prefer top division. I will start a my first save for Manchester united. My enjoy is to fight against the club and players I know.

If I start a LLM save, When my team promote to top division. There are very little players who I know. 

Top division as I like the creativity it can offer, LLM always feels samey to me. Granted that can be said about most saves but with LLM it's always the same transfer listed players, the same free agents, the same regens and so on while top division saves can be whatever you want them to be. 

Getting from the bottom to the top isn't that challenging so I'd rather not waste my time. The main reason why I haven't returned to the UEC for years is because I can't be doing with the start lol. 

I do play in the lower leagues from time to time and I do enjoy it but it's rarely my go to save. Oddly enough though my first save of 2016 was in the lower leagues of Spain. 

Personally now I prefer Top division. Or more like second division actually. I like a squad that is decent, but clearly needs a good change to be top quality.

Starting out I actually went with big clubs, then moved on to lower leagues when I found just taking on big clubs boring. But eventually in LLM saves either end up moving jobs to a big club anyway or manage to bring them up but don't have those familiar names. Now, I'm starting second division which actually gives a kinda nice mix, a little challenge the first few years plus I'm able to manage the wonder kids of today.

Edited by Meow

I prefered Top division until late FMH 15 when I realized the intensity of the LOWER leagues. It was Late April with 2 games to go in the VCN and what? 1st to 14th with a 7 points difference!

I much prefer LLM as building up a solid team is exciting and going from rags to riches is such a rewarding feeling.. then again if I am a top division team I prefer being a lower top division side like Palace or Hannover and try to build them up