Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

10 teams to manage in the FMM16 Update

Dec

Excited for the new update because of the database changes? Today I will run 10 of the most exciting new saves that you could choose to manage on the Football Manager Mobile 2016 update.

10) Chelsea (English Premier Division)

Premier League Champions Chelsea look a shadow of their former selves this year. Languishing in the bottom half of the league they have lost more games and conceded more goals by February than they did for the entirety of last season! Key players like Eden Hazard, Cesc Fabregas and Nemanja Matic look like they have been replaced by worse identical twins who have never kicked a ball in their life.

In terms of Football Manager Mobile 2016 you should expect massive downgrades to the team but with the finances and players to turn it around with some good wins. It won't be the hardest challenge ever but it will be a good start to find some good, new gems.

9) Fiorentina (Serie A)

While Fiorentina have been average this season their January transfers have been impressive. Cristian Tello on loan, Mauro Zarate and Tino Costa have created a new spine that could take the side to a new level. Mixed with the unique purple colour that they are known for, the squad will be an interesting to manage. In a very competitive league it will be a decent challenge with a new squad.

3021.jpg

8) Heracles (Eredivisie)

The Eredivisie isn't the most acclaimed league in the World but Heracles' good form has caught the eye of many neutrals. From near bottom of the league to 3rd position. There are no outstanding players in the squad but in a league known for developing good players there could be a few players gems in the squad that will be transferred to the bigger leagues soon. Why not get a head start and try them now while you can.

7) Montpellier (Ligue 1)

From winning the league to being near the relegation zone. Montpellier are most famous for their unexpected exploits when they managed to surprisingly lift the Ligue 1 title. Olivier Giroud's former side and really missing the striker now though as they struggle to stay in the league just 5 years after. Massive downgrades mixed with a weak squad means that reliving their former successes will be even more difficult. Add in the money of Paris Saint-Germain and AS Monaco toppling them will be a task in itself without the downgrades to an already average team.

6) Valencia (Liga BBVA)

Gary Neville's failure at Valencia is very well documented. However in January they made two great loan signings in Guilerhme Siqueira and Denis Cheryshev - both of whom were linked with a move to the Premier League with Newcastle and Liverpool respectively. Players getting worse and European fixtures too will add extra stress to the job. However decent finances and high reputation will mean that there should be a good challenge to try and overcome the giants of Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

valencia-uefa.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w

5) Newcastle United (English Premier Division)

Newcastle have been struggling in the past few years but they have maintained their Premier League status. In a highly competitive league this season they have been finding it difficult to get the wins needed to stay up. Due to this they have splashed the cash and bought in former FMH wonderkid Henri Saivet, England regular Andros Townsend, highly rated Jonjo Shelvey and a loan signing of the much talked about Seydou Doumbia. With that quality it would be easy to see how Newcastle can survive and take it forward to break into a European competition. Their new signings alone are a massive reason to give them a go to see how far you can take these very impressive signings that will surely make up the core of the team for a long time.

4) Middlesbrough (Sky Bet Championship)

The Championship is known as the toughest league in the world yet 'Boro' are doing very well and are looking to get automatically promoted. To do this they have signed free-scoring Jordan Rhodes, creative Gaston Ramirez (loan) and Richie De Laet (loan). All of these are Premier League quality players that if you do choose to take the side over then you will have an easy ride until you get to the Premier League when a few key players will go back to their parent clubs. However the money they spent on Rhodes (£11m) is very significant for their level so when they get promoted they should be spending more, giving a good chance of survival.

3) Hellas Verona (Serie A)

Within the top 5 leagues in Europe Hellas Verona are the team struggling the most. The Serie A team have only got 14 points and are over 3 wins away from safety. Basically they are terrible! With a poor squad which will be made even worse with well deserved downgrades. They are probably going to be the biggest challenge out of the top leagues in the game and a real test of your managerial mettle.

2) Angers (Ligue 1)

Angers are really living the dream for newly promoted teams. Currently sitting 5th in Ligue 1 they are on course to go into the Europa League in their first season in the top division. If you could replicate this amazing achievement even though their players are more than likely going to be heavily upgraded then you will be classed as an amazing manager. Their team is mostly made up of free agents and less than £1 million players so don't expect lots of money to make this easy and that is the point. You are going to be tested on all fronts. Good luck if you dare to try this, you will certainly need it!

cheikh-ndoye-angers.jpg

1) Leicester City (English Premier Division)

Unless you have been living under a rock for the past season and a half then you will know the story of Leicester's rise to the top of the Premier League. Jamie Vardy's record breaking, their amazing form that defies all odds and Rhiyad Mahrez's dangerous exploits on the wing all mean that the squad will be due a huge upgrade. Whether you can replicate that success though will be another question but with decent finances and overpowered players it is a plausible aim. Then taking the Foxes to play Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus and the other European giants is such an appetising concept that no one would have expected last year.

Honourable mentions: AA Gent, Bolton, Norwich, Roma, Sampdoria, Sevilla, Watford & Werder Bremen

Great list agree with them all. I was surprised (even though I'm a fan) you didn't include Aberdeen. They should get some upgraded because we are starting to have about 4 or 5 ofth best players in Scotland and if the Scout for Scotland teams recognises this we will surely get some upgrades. All the challenge would be is to beat celtic and end our league winning drought

Is it possible to recreate the current league placings in all divisions and have the game start on Feb 2nd? 

ie a manager could take over Chelsea languishing neat the bottom of the EPL with your added ratings decrease so the challenge becomes even more of one with no windows to buy success from?! 

or 

try and save Villa with the current gap in points in play! 

Would be fun for sure and is something i believe SI real should do automatically with the next update they release! 

Thoughts?

13 minutes ago, slav said:

Is it possible to recreate the current league placings in all divisions and have the game start on Feb 2nd? 

ie a manager could take over Chelsea languishing neat the bottom of the EPL with your added ratings decrease so the challenge becomes even more of one with no windows to buy success from?! 

or 

try and save Villa with the current gap in points in play! 

Would be fun for sure and is something i believe SI real should do automatically with the next update they release! 

Thoughts?

That isn't possible sadly.

3 minutes ago, Dec said:

Even if they did I doubt they would.

Why do you think that Dec? I think it would be a much loved feature being able to star a game as the winter window closed and league positions as is in life! 

programming league data along with the transfers and other bits that get done surely wouldn't take much longer and makes the most realistic game even more realisitic!

23 minutes ago, slav said:

programming league data along with the transfers and other bits that get done surely wouldn't take much longer and makes the most realistic game even more realisitic!

But it is licensing and the time updating these things. If you can programme you could try hacking around it?

If anything it would have to be done at save level, like modifying the quick start files perhaps, unfortunately I don't know enough of the file to make needed changes.

1 hour ago, jaymarvels said:

If anything it would have to be done at save level, like modifying the quick start files perhaps, unfortunately I don't know enough of the file to make needed changes.

They way i came to thinking about it was due to the pc game starting on different dates in relation to what country you pick or the mobile one starting 'January 2016 in the Brazilian league could that data not be copied in to the European files?

2 hours ago, Dec said:

But it is licensing and the time updating these things. If you can programme you could try hacking around it?

I wish i could Dec but alas no! You guys are the closest i get to that! 

While I do agree with most of the list, I feel that AA Gent deserve quite a high spot in your list as well. They went from mid-table team to final 16 in the Champions League. They are baffling the country with a mediocre team, yet they are a well-oiled and unstoppable machine.

Also, 'young talent' Ritchie De Laet was young and talented at ManU, now some 3-4 years ago :P Currently 28 yo

Edit: also got some very interesting transfers in with Mbark Boussouffa and Gustav Wikheim.

Edited by Jens
1 hour ago, Jens said:

While I do agree with most of the list, I feel that AA Gent deserve quite a high spot in your list as well. They went from mid-table team to final 16 in the Champions League. They are baffling the country with a mediocre team, yet they are a well-oiled and unstoppable machine.

Also, 'young talent' Ritchie De Laet was young and talented at ManU, now some 3-4 years ago :P Currently 28 yo

Edit: also got some very interesting transfers in with Mbark Boussouffa and Gustav Wikheim.

Hmmmm.... So you are Jens.... Interesting.... I've never heard of you,unfortunately..... :P 

2 hours ago, halamadrid said:

Hmmmm.... So you are Jens.... Interesting.... I've never heard of you,unfortunately..... :P 

How can you say 'so you are Jens' and then declare you've never heard of me? :D

7 minutes ago, Babyshambles85 said:

When is the new update with January transfers etc out 

Around March time.

4 hours ago, Jens said:

Fixed De Laet and I looked at Gent, not sure why I didn't go for them. Maybe I thought their squad was better than it actually is? I will add them to honourable mentions.Thanks and nice to see you again.

On 12/02/2016 at 01:48, halamadrid said:

Gonna play as Newcastle for sure ;) 

On 12/02/2016 at 13:09, Dec said:

Around March time.

Fixed De Laet and I looked at Gent, not sure why I didn't go for them. Maybe I thought their squad was better than it actually is? I will add them to honourable mentions.Thanks and nice to see you again.

Not as good as Boro for sure ?

I'm sure Spurs deserve at least an honourable mention; I'm assuming Ali's upgrade is going to be very fun to play with and it wouldn't surprise me if Kane gets a minor positive tweaking as well. Tottenham are seriously challenging for the title this year so they should have a nicely souped up squad by the update. West Ham could be a fun one as well, a few players deserving of upgrades (Collins, Payet, Lanzini, Kouyate and maybe Antonio) and they had an interesting reshuffle over winter. 

Excellent post Dec really enjoyed that read. I'm really excited to see some of the tweaks in this update and like quite a few others I think I'm going to give Leicester a go (will be an FMM first for me) but I want to test a few less obvious teams first. Looking forward to see a few player boosts as well, wouldn't surprise me if Alli and a few others get a sufficient increase.

Who do you guys think might turn into a beast post update or might surprise us?

7 hours ago, famheld said:

I'm sure Spurs deserve at least an honourable mention; I'm assuming Ali's upgrade is going to be very fun to play with and it wouldn't surprise me if Kane gets a minor positive tweaking as well. Tottenham are seriously challenging for the title this year so they should have a nicely souped up squad by the update. West Ham could be a fun one as well, a few players deserving of upgrades (Collins, Payet, Lanzini, Kouyate and maybe Antonio) and they had an interesting reshuffle over winter. 

Both of these are more examples of what is on the list such as Angers and Leicester but not as strong so they didn't make the cut so the list has variety.

Everton should be fun to play with, more money due to our takeover, young talent (Deulofeu, Barkley, Stones and Lukaku) and excellent training facilities.

Theres a couple on this list that Im going to be trying after my current save

PS Ayesteran joins Valencia and they suddenly start winning. Interesting to see what a difference having a decent coach makes.