Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Top 5 Lower League Teams to Manage

Introduction

In FMH2015, I haven’t been bothered to manage in any lower league teams but this year I’m not about the big teams, it has been for me about the lower league players and teams, and it’s been about finding hidden gems that is very good.

After having lower league saves in Italy, Spain, France, Germany and England, I have compiled the list of “Top 5 Lower League Teams to manage”, and I hope you enjoy. :)

5. Portsmouth (England)

In May 2008, Portsmouth won the FA Cup while finishing 8th in the Premier League, but then things went horribly wrong and after some poor managing from several managers, Portsmouth is now in League 2. The challenge now is to rebuild Portsmouth F.C., back to their glory days with the 8th place finish and the FA Cup win, and maybe even more...

4. Real Oviedo (Spain)

Real Oviedo might be known to you as the academy producing some of the best Spanish playmakers, but in fact a few years ago they were very close into administration, and they sold shares to different people around the world, and they managed to just hold on. They are now in the 2nd tier of Spanish football and has a pretty decent team, it makes for a fantastic road to glory series.

3. RC Lens (France)

RC Lens in France is a fantastic lower league team to manage, not only because of its rich background and history, but also two major factors. Although getting relegated from Ligue 1 in the 2014-15 season, they have still some of the best things for the lower leagues, the Stade Felix Bollaert-Delelis, RC Lens’ stadium has the capacity of 38,233 people, but not only that, they also start with the highest training facilities, with “Superb and Youth Academy”, this makes for a fantastic save and a rebuilding job for you.

2. FC United (England)

FC United, a club which was founded in 2005, was only a club that was built because people protested about the Glazers taking over Manchester United. Since then, FC United has had a dramatic rise, they are now in the 6th tier of English football, after just 10 years of existence, maybe their history isn’t as entertaining as some like AFC Wimbledon, but if you like a long term save aiming for a club with entertaining background to overtaking another club (in this case Manchester United), this will be your no.1 choice.

1. RBL (Germany)

Finally at No.1 is RBL, founded only 6 years ago, this German team has found theirselves a way up to the 2. Bundesliga, their incredible rise makes it a very interesting challenge in itself, but the players they have are just way beyond the level of the 2nd tier of German football. They have players like Yussuf Poulsen and Davie Selke, which are nice players with bags of potential. With a big stadium of 44,345 seats, a good training facility and some nice finances, you can definitely build a dynasty with the bulls.

Conclusion

So, here marks the end of my top 5 lower league teams to manage list, in my opinion these are the best lower league teams to manage, this year I’ve really gone into LLM, and some obscure teams has been found by me, but these 5 lower league teams are still my favourites of all.

Thanks for viewing.

Nice work, I've had some involvement with most of them over the years. My Oviedo career in particular remains one of my favourites, I miss wacky ideas like that one but I'm going off topic lol. 

One Italian suggestion would be Catania as they're just as interesting and have a quality squad for the level. They also have plenty of ways to make money as they still have some big value players. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Nice work, I've had some involvement with most of them over the years. My Oviedo career in particular remains one of my favourites, I miss wacky ideas like that one but I'm going off topic lol. 

One Italian suggestion would be Catania as they're just as interesting and have a quality squad for the level. They also have plenty of ways to make money as they still have some big value players. 

Thanks Ashez, I agree that Catania is a good one, but it doesn't make the top 5 list with these 5 teams in the way :P

2 hours ago, Dec said:

Nice work finding 5 very different and interesting teams and a good write up too.

Thanks Dec :) 

Excellent this, Oviedo are a great side, Pompey are up there with my best saves recent years, RBL might have a go with them next, another good team in France in the Natioanl League when you start is Strasbourg 

On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 01:44, pipaz4 said:

Great teams, i will take a look to one soon, also, is there any way to play as Parma? I would love to manage them.

You Can use the editor

Great list! What about Dynamo Dresden in the German third tier? They were one of the most successful East German (when under communist rule) teams before the unification of Germany in 1990. Not sure this is relevant but they had close links to the East German police.