Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 4-2-3-1 (EME)

Why does the Poacher work for everyone but for me? I tried this in other leagues with Barcelona, Bayern and PSG. Best strikers hardly scoring at all..

Great tactic btw, the current best for v7.2.

Edited by vbase
4 hours ago, MemphisMartialMourinho said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@MemphisMartialMourinho LOL what did you post, some kind of magic?!

@vbase that's because it's a TM up top and not a Poacher bruhhh :laugh:
but if you happen to have read my short summary of my 1st season with this killer tactic, Harry Kane had a slow start before netting goals like nobody's business. Whereas for pacey strikers like Anthony Martial and James Wilson, they usually break free from defenders to set themselves up for a 1 on 1 with opposition's GK and score =)

Went a whole season (19/20) with Target Man as my striker role, the result:

IMG_2101.thumb.PNG.909e7de519d5669b3efd2

Now I am back at PSG. I have changed the role to CF and it is not great but better than TM or Poacher.

My goals are from the AM positions. Also I have noticed the first half goes great but in the second half, the opponent find a way to equalize or even win the match. Sometimes in the last 10-15 minutes. Anyone else noticed that?

Edit: Have you guys tried this tactic in a different league?

Edited by vbase

@Irwan Hadi made a mistake lol sorry ??

@vbase im having trouble with regens strikers having bad perfomances as well. Zlatan's regens doesnt really impressed me whenever i got him in my saves. Did you try this with pacey strikers? I tried with Barbosa/Vardy and they performed well

@JackSwagger i did mention earlier that oppo teams sometimes scored a lot of late equalisers and idk why ut happens :( maybe key players are tired? 

@vbase I have yet to start with either Valencia or Sevilla. Will do so pretty soon and let you know how this tactic performs in another league. Usually if my starting striker doesn't score, I'd swap him out with the one on the bench. More often that not, it works and he scores. Other than that, I noticed that the left IF tend to score more so if he's having a bad day, sub him out and entrust your sub

@JackSwagger I have faced a similar issue as well, I still have not found a work around. I've only tried subbing players with low ratings or condition is below 80%. So far, the central midfielders and IFs are the culprit

@MemphisMartialMourinho I'm having somewhat of an indifferent season 2 with Manchester United. Started brightly with a powerful attack and tight defence. Recently, the performances has dipped (still only in November) and I've had 4 draws already. At this rate, I'll match season 1's tally of draws before the season ends :laugh:

Hey guys - I'm a bit late in here but yes, i can vouch for this tactic!! it's been through a few amendments according to personnel, but my superbees are dominant now :)

Screenshot_2016-04-18-18-43-17.jpeg

Screenshot_2016-04-18-18-43-33.jpeg

Screenshot_2016-04-18-18-46-31.jpeg

obviously by now i have all the world-class players, but on the way up TM seemed to be the best setting. and the midfielders were one BWM and one DLP (until a couple of years ago, i started to think my BWM was too good a player and i was missing out on his attacking side).

i used WB's too for years, but to be fair that's probably not necessary / over-attacking. i was lucky with personnel anyway - the Bees' two full-backs on the game are quality (Colin and Bidwell), and the next right-back i signed from Swindon for small money went on to become England captain :)

funny just reading back some of the comments now... @vbase i never tried Poacher, never liked the sound of it, sounded too one-dimensional to me. ended up buying a young English TM from Man Utd who is all-round awesome (wonder who he is the regen of?!) and he scored one-a-game for six years (playing as CF). he's now lost his place to Messi's regen though (i think - AM/F LC plays CF but he's from Uruguay now and has awesome heading :D)

@MemphisMartialMourinho @JackSwagger i might have conceded a few late goals but i definitely scored a lot of late goals too. i almost always sub at least one midfielder cos it must be a tiring role for them!! i rarely bother chasing a game or holding on to a lead - just keep pressing and attacking, see if you can score before they can! 

Edited by Mr Tree

@MemphisMartialMourinho apologies for the hiatus! I have finally finished Season 2! As usual, I will report my findings first followed by the results.

Findings:
**Jesse Lingard is an underrated player! Deployed in Depay's role when he was injured for a bit and his performance ratings were between 8-10 during that period and scored loads! Filled in for Mata too in the APM slot and he contributed well

1) Martial has usurped Kane as the 1st choice striker. However, Kane provides something different in attack like an actual TM to lay off chances for teammates
2) Along with Depay, Januzaj and Mata has forged a formidable trident in attack to support Martial. Performances have been outstanding!
3) Pione Sisto performances is subdued this time round but he does show glimpses of his quality from time to time. Mostly restricted to cup games and 'easy' league games
4) Renato Sanches is a BEAST. Adopting a BBM role now alongside Schneiderlin and they have flourished! Fosu-Mensah was farmed out on a season long loan to Norwich and I hope he is now ready to challenge Schneiderlin for that CM spot
5) Lastly, I have to stress again that CDs and CMs are the spine of the team! BBM ideally to have superb physical and tackling. CDs should have speed and/or positioning

Side notes:

My aim for Season 3 will be to promote youth from the club's Reserves. I feel that the first team has the foundation laid out already and it just needs homegrown talent to complement that =)

My defence is more or less settled (GKs included, I have De Gea and Simone Scuffet)
RB: Darmian/Passlack
CD: Smalling/Laporte/Rudiger/Sule
LB: Shaw/Borthwick-Jackson
CM: Renato Sanches/Schneiderlin, Herrera/Fosu-Mensah, Powell (can't decide where he should play. Tried in BBM and APM, usually obtained rating of 7 without really influencing the team's play)
LW: Depay/Lingard
RW: Januzaj/Sisto
AM: Mata/Coman
ST: Martial/Kane/Callum Rose (promoted from Reserve, looks promising)/Rashford (will be going out on loan again, hopefully for the last time)

Now for results!

5722dbef7b0cb_COCFinal.thumb.jpg.ecedc80

5722dbfb11d70_FACupFinal.thumb.jpg.e58e8

5722dc066b8a1_UCLFinal.thumb.jpg.d740888

5722dc11492cb_Season2League.thumb.jpg.84

5722dc1979117_TopScorers.thumb.jpg.f1c6d

Assists.thumb.jpg.5e63f0c35b34a6e5d0481d

5722dc2661554_Season3Transfers.thumb.jpg

44 minutes ago, MemphisMartialMourinho said:

@Irwan Hadi wew good results mate. Homegrown player? Sounds cool. Keep em' coming :)

@MemphisMartialMourinho yeah like how the current tradition for the club is; promoting youths and giving them a chance when the time is right & when they're ready :)

How's your progress by the way?

@MemphisMartialMourinho how are you my friend? =) it's been a while since we last posted success with your tactics hehe and guess what? YOUR TACTIC HAS BEEN KICKING ASS ever since! LOL I still have my Manchester United save ongoing, still going strong although with hiccups every now and then. However, I would like to share with you and readers here that my most recent save with Valencia C.F. It has been the most successful test ever, considering I have "travelled" round the globe to borrow OP's tactic and implement it to clubs in Germany (Schalke 04), Italy (Internazionale) and the newest adventure will be set in France =)

*Please provide suggestion(s) for a team to start with in France? (Exclude PSG)

Anyways, without further ado, my season review with Valencia C.F with your tactic! (PS -> I have enabled Sugar Daddy for this save, thus having money in surplus to spend)

*Ante Coric - opened his scoring account with a superb long shot against Barcelona. Technique of 20 and on Intensive Training schedule, he is a gem and a steal.

*Andrija Zivkovic - now I understand why in each and every save that I play (regardless of country database), there will ALWAYS be a club that buys him. So, naturally I made a bid and after a brief bidding war, managed to secure him and boy has he threatened Feghouli on the right side!

*Marcelo Meli - a cheap Pogba who will bully the opposition central midfielders but also amassed a number of yellow cards which led to suspension on a few occasions.

A watertight defence coupled with a hitman on red hot form was the formula to a League win (considering no upgrades to the defence except for the purchase of Jesus Vallejo and Jonny, who were loaned back to Real Madrid and Celta Vigo respectively for the entire season).

Does anyone know why the Squad Harmony doesn't reflect the actual score? Throughout the whole season, not one player has complained of training intensity or a rift with other players etc; which makes me curious as to why it is reflected as rather low.

5775cd40d1a29_TransferHistory1.thumb.jpg

5775cd4b48b6c_TransferHistory2.thumb.jpg

5775cd53573c7_FixtureList1.jpg.ddbeee845

5775cd5a4cf47_FixtureList2.jpg.86fcce636

5775cd6289e02_FixtureList3.jpg.d5b8ae7c3

5775cd6885537_FixtureList4.jpg.b0ae34a76

5775cd6f5f350_FinalLeagueStanding.jpg.8a

5775cd766aeeb_ChampionsLeagueFinal.jpg.d

Morata left CR7 and Messi in his dust!

5775cd7f84fc9_LeagueTopScorer.jpg.2d5c4d

Hail the new assist king!

5775cd84e5852_LeagueTopAssist.jpg.a76180

5775cd89eb478_BoardConfidence.jpg.d2ff7e

Worth every single penny on this transfer

Hitman.jpg.cb7b94d56cb5256ff37f8f92fc700

@Mikee1984 cool! and thanks for the suggestions! Well, I've had my fun with Sugar Daddy on, so yes I will embark on a new save without it switched on =)

Bordeaux -> A chance to fully utilise Malcom :P very interesting
Lille -> Unlike Bordeaux, they have a few attacking prospects heh

@Irwan HadiYes Malcolm is qaulity mate and they also have Rolan who turns into a great striker but Lille have some decent players also, most notably boufal who is on the radar of some top clubs.

I did a test season with Lille a while ago while testing my attacking 442 and they had a decent team (I did bring in Malcolm and Patrick Roberts on loan) but Boufal was excellent as my W/IF

Here's the thread if you wanted to have a look (fair warning I tested with Arsenal, Swansea, Hoffenheim and Lille so theirs a lot to get through but Lille are the bottom team in the OP)

http://vibe.community/forums/topic/36313-tafftastic-442-attacking-with-working-if/

41 minutes ago, Taff said:

I did a test season with Lille a while ago while testing my attacking 442 and they had a decent team (I did bring in Malcolm and Patrick Roberts on loan) but Boufal was excellent as my W/IF

Here's the thread if you wanted to have a look (fair warning I tested with Arsenal, Swansea, Hoffenheim and Lille so theirs a lot to get through but Lille are the bottom team in the OP)

http://vibe.community/forums/topic/36313-tafftastic-442-attacking-with-working-if/

Say @Taff the tactic you're referring to will be which version? The very first Arsenal post or the more recent Manchester City one on the last page?

9 minutes ago, Taff said:

The tactic itself doesn't seem to work all that well anymore but I just wanted you to get a look at how good Lille can be

@Taff oh man! that's a waste :O i absolutely love 4-4-2 formation/tactic.

6 minutes ago, Irwan Hadi said:

@Taff oh man! that's a waste :O i absolutely love 4-4-2 formation/tactic.

It worked wonders for a while and I might run a new test with someone to see if I can get it going again

19 minutes ago, MemphisMartialMourinho said:

I want a 2 strikers tactic too. Its kind of hard to create one imo.

Mine worked wonders for a long time but when I try to use it lately it doesn't seem to work that well but I'm tempted to give it another go