Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series How i got "addicted" to FMH

Dar J

Hey guys I'd like to talk about how i started playing Fmh.

It's not been up to a year since I started playing FMH, actually I started last summer I remember I was desperately looking for a football simulation game where I could take charge of a club run the finances, buy players etc but I couldn't find any the had what I was actually searching for until one afternoon I saw my brother playing with his phone on the bed, I asked him what he was doing and he told me he was playing a game he just downloaded so I asked him what it was all about and he told me and I taught it was like the other games I've downloaded from the play store but at the end I decided to give it a try, it was the 2014 version and I saw I could get sacked, players could reject the contract you give them, players do run out of their contracts etc. I was very excited because I finally found what I was looking for so I started a save immediately with A.C. Milan my favourite club, unfortunately there was no 2D match engine then but I enjoyed the game. Two days later I downloaded the 2015 version, I had licence problem because I didn't buy the game but I was not disturbed because I could coach Milan without treating  players I like differently since I didn't know them (that was the stupid excuse I was telling myself because I recognised the players looking at their age and nationality).So I was happy with the introduction of the 2D engine although I was disappointed with the inside forwards but it didn't make me loose interest in the game so I started the unemployment challenge, at the beginning it was difficult because no tactics seems to work so I searched online for guides on how to build a team and create tactics so I found this community and I read Dec's guide and it helped but after a while I got frustrated after being sacked by different clubs so I abandoned the game for some weeks and later I picked up interest again and now I play it everyday.

Now I got the 2016 version and this time I bought it even if my friends and brothers say I was stupid but I don't care.. I'm happy so far with the little progress the game has made and this time I've been successful in all the saves I've done and I don't think I'd be getting board soon.

P.S. I'd be doing a kind of guide about how the enhanced match engine work because I think one of problems people have in creating tactics is that they don't know how the engine and the combination of instruction work. You shouldn't build a tactics based on how you think it would work theorically but based on how the engine actually works.

I've talked a lot sorry if it's too long.

I'd appreciate if people comment and tell me how they got addicted

There was a 2D Pitch in 2014 mate, you must have missed it but a very nice story.

Mine is back in 2007 when my friend introduced it to me on his PSP.

By the way there is a Tactics Guide here that does what you said you would be writing about. Maybe feedback on that instead? :)

I didn't know the mobile version is this old but I can't understand why it's not popular. I live in Italy and I don't think many people know about the existence of the game

4 minutes ago, Dar J said:

I didn't know the mobile version is this old but I can't understand why it's not popular. I live in Italy and I don't think many people know about the existence of the game

In the UK the game is fairly popular. It is still in the top 25 of the paid apps on the App Store. The game is also 10 years old this year.

Nice story mate, I'm not really sure why I picked up FMH ten years ago tbh lol. I liked LMA manager on the PS2 and I assume I just picked up FMH by chance and fell in love with the series. 

PS - Moved to series discussion. 

My First Experiences with Football Simulation was PC Championship Manager 99/00 Which had be lying round the house so I decided that I would play it, (This was quite a few years after it came out) I then played LMA Manager 2005 [Xbox] - Apart from the Graphics/Interface one of the best games I have ever played (again a few years after it came out) I was young and only getting into gaming, I First Encountered FMH in 2010? I think On my PSP - Loved the game ever since then, I've Really been a fan of the Fm franchise and I do feel it is leaning towards LMA in alot of ways which I see as a Good thing imo Even 'MyClub' had Featured in LMA 2005 though you couldn't create players but only put real players in your team with a Value Cap of 80m for your first squad!

Edited by M4cc4n4
On Sunday, May 01, 2016 at 21:09, Dec said:

There was a 2D Pitch in 2014 mate, you must have missed it but a very nice story.

Mine is back in 2007 when my friend introduced it to me on his PSP.

By the way there is a Tactics Guide here that does what you said you would be writing about. Maybe feedback on that instead? :)

I must have missed the guide.. I'd look into it and see if I have something to add

14 hours ago, M4cc4n4 said:

My First Experiences with Football Simulation was PC Championship Manager 99/00 Which had be lying round the house so I decided that I would play it, (This was quite a few years after it came out) I then played LMA Manager 2005 [Xbox] - Apart from the Graphics/Interface one of the best games I have ever played (again a few years after it came out) I was young and only getting into gaming, I First Encountered FMH in 2010? I think On my PSP - Loved the game ever since then, I've Really been a fan of the Fm franchise and I do feel it is leaning towards LMA in alot of ways which I see as a Good thing imo Even 'MyClub' had Featured in LMA 2005 though you couldn't create players but only put real players in your team with a Value Cap of 80m for your first squad!

Never had a PsP ??