Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series FMM Regrets

Ashez

Hey guys, thought this could be a fun discussion topic so the question is do you have any FMM regrets? As in missed opportunities or saves you wished you had on an earlier version. 

I have a few personally like strikers I wished I did the 1kc with when they were younger but my biggest regret is not doing the double trouble challenge with Torres and Suarez. At the time Torres left LFC my heart was broken and I hated him as much as I loved him which always meant I stayed away from the idea. However as the years have passed I really regret not attempting such a save as the pain has healed and my love for him has returned. I did mess around with the concept a tad this year but with Suarez being at Barca and with Torres being old the save has to go down as my biggest regret. 

Do any come to mind for you?

I regret buying the game……

Nah kidding obviously but I regret not trying more challenges as I always end up enjoying the game more when just playing it normally then when I try a challenge it always seems so far to go until I reach the target I struggle to keep up motivation to carry on. so now i tend to not even start a challenge thinking it will fail again 

I'm at that point if I'm honest, the game seems to take so long now that I can't willingly invest in anything. However my issue is I see "normal" saves as a waste of time due to loving challenges and the feeling completing them brings. So my FMM days are well and truly in limbo lol, I want to play challenges but my ideas are that risky investing the time into them puts me off massively. I'm sure I'll regret walking away from a few of my saves this year somewhere down the line. 

Regret never doing an Everton save or trying any other league but England and Spain think I need to broaden my horizon next time out

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

If you want to play in Brazil I'd strongly suggest you do just in case it's gone completely come 2017. 

Well if that does happen then they should make it up by adding Argentinian, Chinese, and American Leagues

4 hours ago, ZenithStriker said:

Well if that does happen then they should make it up by adding Argentinian, Chinese, and American Leagues

If they can't get a bonus point for the Scottish league cup I doubt they will have the mls draft haha 

12 hours ago, UKFootballScore said:

If they can't get a bonus point for the Scottish league cup I doubt they will have the mls draft haha 

I guess. :laugh:

18 hours ago, Ashez said:

If you want to play in Brazil I'd strongly suggest you do just in case it's gone completely come 2017. 

Wait. The Brazilian league is being removed?! 

39 minutes ago, DSW said:

Wait. The Brazilian league is being removed?! 

I have no idea but in the update the licence was removed which makes it iffy IMO. Hopefully it's nothing and we can continue as normal with or without the proper names etc. 

Brazil could be worthwhile playing regardless as I believe the formate of the leagues etc might be changing IRL life soon. 

I regret not ever being able to complete any 1kc seeing how ash and other members always complete it.only the 1kc keep's me buying the game since 2014 and of course vibe.community 

Edited by lilgwanz
On 13/05/2016 at 20:12, Ashez said:

I'm at that point if I'm honest, the game seems to take so long now that I can't willingly invest in anything. However my issue is I see "normal" saves as a waste of time due to loving challenges and the feeling completing them brings. So my FMM days are well and truly in limbo lol, I want to play challenges but my ideas are that risky investing the time into them puts me off massively. I'm sure I'll regret walking away from a few of my saves this year somewhere down the line. 

Can you describe what seems to take longer? As of the OME fixes in one of the patches, our speed tests show no measurable difference to previous years and if you are seeing this it's something we would look into.

It's more in general than engine based. I went into 2016 with three big ideas and I simply just couldn't get two to work and the biggest hurdle was the games limitations. I wanted the tactic and players to do certain things which just weren't possible. The issue is to get to that point requires massive amounts of testing which just takes longer now than I'm prepared to put in. Maybe that's more a mental issue as I don't enjoy the game as I did, before 2015 I loved testing ideas and making tactics but 2015 onwards I've hated that process. There is little help, we feel forced into certain ideas tactically and we have little creative freedom, what works is what works and what doesn't is thrown the the curb. 

I've had tactics work flawlessly in tests then not work the same in the actual save (same set up, players and so on), I've had tactics that dominate the match stats that never win due to not scoring which I assume is a long shot issue which we can't control. I've spent hours testing this year and have achieved little, I've only had 3 actual saves this year which is shocking since I used to have basically one a month. 

Maybe my ideas are too big for this game or too out of line with what you guys allow to work but it ultimately results in frustration which is the games downfall. The game is incredibly frustrating and simply not fun anymore. I've played the EME a lot and I find it boring and just as frustrating, the fact com only doesn't work as a faster method is shocking. 

Databases, face packs and help is what brings people to Vibe but the challenge community used to be a reason to stay but year on year it's felt you have gone out of your way to destroy the challenges instead of embracing them. Everyone moans that the EME is basically for standard saves now, maybe that's the residuals realistic approach many cling to but it makes the game so boring, straight forward and uninteresting. The tag line was play in your image or something of that effect due to coaches right? I feel less involved and even needed in 2016 than ever, my involvement is bent to the will of what the game allows which rigid formations work. 

Ive made the joke that 2016 has you play as the DOF and not the manager and I think it's fairly spot on. We have little control in every area but transfers.