Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series How I manage my team

Dar J

Screenshot_2016-05-04-12-33-29.thumb.png

Yesterday I commented on someone's post here in the community and I had a little discussion with Dec about the the players roles so I decided to share how I manage and I hope to receive lots of feedbacks to know who does it like me and who doesn't can share how he does it.

First things first, when I choose a team the first thing I do is the look at this screen 

Screenshot_2016-05-29-10-38-16.thumb.png

The assistant report of the team. You may think "why do you do it we know the assistants are always wrong?" The reason is if to my assistant my best striker has 1 shooting then I know before looking at the team in a whole that I have a long way to go attacking wise and sometimes they recommend decent players you can get without spending much.

After that I go to training and set everyone on fitness, the reason s because I like my players being fit enough so they can be able to handle proper training during the rest of the season that I change every month depending on the way the player responded to the regime of the previous month, for example I have a BBM and after a month I see that his stamina has gone down for the next month I put him on fitness.

A fast way of seeing how the player responded to training is looking at this screen

Screenshot_2016-05-29-10-38-42.thumb.png

. After the training I look properly at the squad and create my tactic knowing it may change throughout the season and it advisable to reserve a surprise tactic you would use during the final games of the season specially when you are at the top of the league with little distance from the rest of the teams, it happens to me all the time that I create a good tactic that works throughout the season but when I'm getting to the end I start loosing and loose also the title so for that recently I start keeping a tactic i would use only that time to surprise my opponent who would be expecting the usual tactic.

Having gone through the team and tactic it's time for transfers. I tend not to sell anyone till the January transfer window unless they are old and I'm sure I would never use them and they are on a lot wage wise, Leicester is a good example 

Screenshot_2016-05-29-11-22-30.thumb.png

Screenshot_2016-05-29-11-22-14.thumb.png

If I'm to manage Leicester I would let this to two go on a free because I would never use them and in my opinion their wages are too much for them to remain in the team without doing anything.. when managing a big team it might not seem important but it's fundamental when you are in lower leagues. Another thing I do is that I make sure I don't you all my transfer budget in the first transfer window because you may bring in players you think would be good but you find out they are not consistent or they underperforme so if you have something left you can replace those players and personally the best period I found to make your deals are the first day you come into the club before pressing continue, December for players running out of their contract before the January transfer window and finally after the last game of the season before entering the next one. Remember that when you are in a lower league try all you can so you don't overseed too much the wage budget.

So I've decided on the tactic to use I've made bids for the players I want to bring in the next thing I do is to press continue and negotiation goes on till I get who I can.

Before starting the league you play 2 friendlies, I put in on slow and watch the matchea on extended highlight so I can take note of the position and shape of the team , if I like what I see I go with that tactic if not I may tweak it a little bit before the first game of the season. An example is when I took over East Fife I used  a narrow 4-4-2 diamond for the first season, in the second season we were conceding a lot form the crosses of wingers so I changed the fullbacks to DWs and it helped.

I also try to observe my players to know who performs well in big matches and who doesn't, who suites a role better then another and I try my best to learn my team.

This is roughly how I manage. There may be grammatical errors in the post but ignore them.

Let me know what you guys think about how I do my stuff and tell me how you do it yourselves